Rosebud grows outside '13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked the temp of the dirt/pot and it is 100 degrees. I wish smart pots were white. The plants look great, the pots are still damp from this morning's water. They don't look like they are standing in 102 F. Pink moma seems to sneer at the heat.

nice lookin garden rose..and the weather is hot. so mojo 4 the grow..

It is 106 F, i am glad i am not trying to cool down the inside grow at these temps. I can't believe they are hanging in... I sprayed them off and they perked up..

Does anyone know if earwigs eat pot plants?

think they are feeding on your myco colony me dear---wish you were here to help finish up this keg

I saw them on the top of the plants Orange, and i don't drink, sorry, but I smoke lots and lots of marijuana. LOL

Outstanding you are outside Rose! Looking AWESOME.

Thanks TC, I will be thinking of you on the 15th is it? Thanks for stopping by, and let us hear from you when you can.

I thank you Rose. I will post one more time at least before then.

I want to tell you that sometimes when it gets really hot, we will give them an extra drink during the hottest part of the day just to cool them down (because they are in pots for those who dont know I grow in pots). We find that here, watering everyday, once they get past three feet is mandatory, they drink so much. And in this heat, they seem to need the cooling on the roots. I am talking 105f here today and the next three days will be max for this year so far. Under 90f they dont seem to need so much cooling off.

Looks so good Rose, so happy you are doing it outdoors. You look like you have a beautiful place to sit and enjoy the girls there.

if your unsure about the earwigs rose, just hit the girls with a foliar tea. there are many different kinds of microbeasties out there that help keep pests at bay.

green mojo too ya

Thank you TC, pp and shortbus.
The low was 78 this morning and I think it is way to hot to foliar feed shortbus. It was 106 yesterday, the nutes would burn them even in a tea, i believe. But they had a big ole dose of tea a couple of days ago. They were hungry and I am trying to stay ahead of the starving babies I often get inside.

Rosebud said:
Thank you TC, pp and shortbus.
The low was 78 this morning and I think it is way to hot to foliar feed shortbus. It was 106 yesterday, the nutes would burn them even in a tea, i believe. But they had a big ole dose of tea a couple of days ago. They were hungry and I am trying to stay ahead of the starving babies I often get inside.

totally agree, way too hot to foliar. i usually do it at around 5:30-6am. which gives me about an hour or 2 before the sun comes up over the tree's, and hit with direct sunlight.

ShOrTbUs said:
totally agree, way too hot to foliar. i usually do it at around 5:30-6am. which gives me about an hour or 2 before the sun comes up over the tree's, and hit with direct sunlight.

I'm thinking that a foliar feeding might be better first thing in the morning, too. I'm even thinking given how arid it is that a spray mist of water during the hot part of the day could be beneficial.

Have you checked into a drip irrigation system?I've got one set up outside this year and it is a back saver.They are easy to set up,you can use a timer and hooks up to your hose.My girls love it!Just an idea.I'm in Florida so I hear ya about the heat.

how are the grow bags doing for ya? thinking of transplanting all my 3 gal black pots to 5gal white grow bags to run out the summer. just hst them all was painful but had to be done took clones etc. to have some thing to run straight out of the gate in the tent while the satoi germ muhuhahhaha

LoL...satori.. NE I love the little plastic bag pots until I sex them, then they go in smart pots., 3 or 5 gallon.

This growing outside is so much different from inside. Glad I did inside first.

Oldsman, if i do this growing outside, we will do things alot different next time. If this goes well, i would dig up the garden spot this fall and prepare if for next summer buy ammending the soil then i could go right in the ground instead of pots. It was 107 this week. The ground temp was 80.... And then do a drip system like you suggested... Lots to think about..thanks oldsman.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm thinking that a foliar feeding might be better first thing in the morning, too. I'm even thinking given how arid it is that a spray mist of water during the hot part of the day could be beneficial.

im actually a bit worried about bud rot on my OD girl. when it gets really hot here, its almost always really humid as well

You know, i found something on my nurse larrys about 4" from the top there is a small dead space. I checked two of the plants have that. It didn't spread. I looked at it under a loupe and didn't see any signs of bugs, unless the black stuff was bug ****. The growth above it and below it are fine. Wonder if that is bud rot? Does it stay in one spot?

Rosebud said:
You know, i found something on my nurse larrys about 4" from the top there is a small dead space. I checked two of the plants have that. It didn't spread. I looked at it under a loupe and didn't see any signs of bugs, unless the black stuff was bug ****. The growth above it and below it are fine. Wonder if that is bud rot? Does it stay in one spot?

i've only found bud rot around 2/3 -7/8 of the way through budding. see black w/ or w/ out loop. it spreads inside the bud and forces an early harvest. always during rainy season. if i did roofs like smoke, this may have never been an issue.

I LOVE OUTDOOR GROWS!! pinch or fim like crazy. you will be so rewarded if you do. consider rototilling your area next grow. i found just under surface, roots traveled 6-10 feet from plant stalk. WOW!
CONGRATS ROSE!! smoke taught me so much about od groing..
garden looks great! :p ;)

Newbietoo said:
consider rototilling your area next grow.

i'd actually advise against this. especially if you grow organic. every time you rototill you destroy all the hard work your mycorrhizal fungus put into creating a network of tunnels used to transport food to your plants, as well as provide protection from larger carnivorous beasties, such as protozoa and nematodes.