Rosebud grows outside '13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet!!! Pulling up a chair Rose! Cool to see you giving the great out doors a go! :48:

Hi Ston- nice to see you. You guys made me jealous last year so i had to give it a try.

Here is the garden today. I topped the satori they have really stretched being in the shade.. I know it will slow them down and they aren't sexed yet, but that is ok. It had to be done. DSCF1970.JPG DSCF1972.JPG DSCF1969.JPG Thanks for stopping by!

ShOrTbUs said:
i'd actually advise against this. especially if you grow organic. every time you rototill you destroy all the hard work your mycorrhizal fungus put into creating a network of tunnels used to transport food to your plants, as well as provide protection from larger carnivorous beasties, such as protozoa and nematodes.

shows what i know. although i see most all farmers till every year.
i forgot, ORGANIC grow. sorry..

Rosebud, they are looking wonderful. I am so jealous--I would love to be able to grow outdoors.

Fortunately outdoors, it is not as big a deal if they stretch as when you have limited room.

Is your contractor coming on Monday to get your bathroom finished?

Yes! Monday they come. mr rb and i are having a disagreement about what to do with the plants. I wanted to put up a clothes line and hide them, but he wants to carry them into the shed... They are too big to carry around. If they break or he breaks his neck...well, you know. wish you were here THG.

Rosebud said:
Yes! Monday they come. mr rb and i are having a disagreement about what to do with the plants. I wanted to put up a clothes line and hide them, but he wants to carry them into the shed... They are too big to carry around. If they break or he breaks his neck...well, you know. wish you were here THG.

Yards looking great Rosebud, instead of hiding them, how about some camouflage ?........Christmas lights...:hubba:

Thank you Farmer for coming by. I use the concrete edging in the back yard only. We have such a tiny grass yard back there, it really does help the bark stay in. We have been gardening in this spot for 30 years, it changes the older the trees and the more shade...etc...it changes like we do.

I think this outdoor growing is a different animal then indoors, for instance something came and took a big bite out of a stem a few weeks ago. Big like a big bug or small rodent...ha. He didn't like the rosemary taste and didn't go any further. Ya just don't have that in the house.

Thank you so much for your interest..

no tomato plants? they act as real good cover fast growing vines if you get the baby ones. just keep cutting all the big sucker leaves they grow faster. as for the moving I have bent and snapped so much stuff I would never recommend that and i'm only on my first grow still.. should stake the tops over make em bushes that's what i'm doing i have a good 8 neighbors on top pf my and am able to stay low profile with lst hst

just a few ideas or buy a few pine or spruce bushes from hd leave em in teh pot all summer in front of them then plant them or try to return them with out the reciept at the end of the year say they just dint look right $$

I should have done a lot of things different. I didn't know this was an outside grow till they got too big in the house. Next time, i will know so much more. LOL

I wish I were there, too. I think i will need to come help you trim though--you are going to have monsters. They sure love the good old outdoors. I haven't grown outdoors for a long time and it is a different game now. We grew in a small greenhouse and used tomato plants as cover. We did LST before it had a name.

Bad Karma to buy something for your own use with the intent of returning it again in the fall. Buying cover foliage is a good idea (just don't take it back in the fall).

Have a great day and I am joining you in spirit Rose. I have my espresso and my Satori.

I like the cloths line idea Rose for hidding plants...we dont need those plants breaking....cause than Mr RB would get his neck broke...lol....

:48:

Hahaha,,, I've definitely got creative when we had a contractor come by. Certain house guests too. It's nerve wracking but way less work/risk than moving big girls around. Good luck rose.

What did you do? He is coming Tuesday, it was supposed to be tomorrow. We are at this point going to hide them behind the shed, which means carrying them...I am frustrated... Thanks for the luck Ston...

Ok peeps, the plants are hidden behind a big blue spruce, total shade but that is better then 2-3 days of darkness.

I brought the satori's back inside, the stretch outside was just silly. I took 8 inches off of them and they are under lights 24/7 for a few days. I had them in the shade and there must have been four inches between nodes.. don't need that. When they go back out they will be in the sun.

Did i mention i love growing cannabis? Thanks for stopping by.

hello mrs. rb---plants in od shade actually do get some filtered sunshine---personally i also prefer direct all day long---funny i am also having some serious stretching issues with the girl scout cookies---hacked them way back yesterday

i didn't know you were doing an OD grow rose *or i forgot :eek: (but i guess you didn't either ;) :p) glad i stumbled in here today.
looking great.

best of luck the rest of the way (they're gonna get biiiig ;))
:)

Rosebud said:
Ok peeps, the plants are hidden behind a big blue spruce, total shade but that is better then 2-3 days of darkness.

I brought the satori's back inside, the stretch outside was just silly. I took 8 inches off of them and they are under lights 24/7 for a few days. I had them in the shade and there must have been four inches between nodes.. don't need that. When they go back out they will be in the sun.

Did i mention i love growing cannabis? Thanks for stopping by.

i always got lots of stretch od, untill girls got 4-5 feet tall. then w/ pinching and natural filling out, they got soo wide, some of the girls w/ the MOST DIRECT sunlight, got so wide, it would take 3 men, finger tip to tip to reach around 1 plant. INCREDABLE. next year, if you get your girls od, in ground, AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE, get all day direct sun, and pinch or fim every 3-4 weeks, you will have to top more than once to keep them under 8 feet. volume will be 1-2 pounds per plant. this is what i found growing indicas od . i so miss growing od, but am trying to stay inside our new laws. jmo :p ;)