Rosebud grows outside '13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, i got pink momma planted in a ten gallon pot in 92 degrees and am here to tell ya, it is hot! She looks fine tonight. I don't think i have enough of my super soil to do all 10 pots @ 5 gallons each of dirt. I will know more in the morning.
I love the smart pots. The nice lady tried to get me to buy the knock of ones, and I have tried those and don't like them. All the roots are usable roots it seems in these smart pots. If they had been in hard plastic I think a third of the roots would not have been feeder roots but woody ones that don't do any good.jmo

I am excited to see them grow in these bigger pots. 1 down, 9 to go. yikes. I am excited i didn't die doing it.

THG, you can always use my journal for your babies if you want or it is fun to see them in the bhc.

you have a porch mister Rose?...and I dont meen the Hubby:p...people make they wn and I use them in the Yard when temps raise High...like me:D...mojo for the rest the trasplants...I like to do most my yard work early morning ...Going to start construction of the covers for my Girls...Say hello to Mr.RB

:48:

4U, that was 92 with the misters on... probably 100 out in the sun. I am going to try to get more done early tomorrow morning. I love the misters.

Your yard is wonderful...i would love to visit.

Well, one down is one down. The 5 Satori you started for the breeding project are smaller aren't they, so they won't be quite so onerous. I can't believe that you are doing this yourself. Can't you get someone like Royce over to give you a hand (actually a young back)? I worry about you wrestling those big pots around. Be careful. I want the mammogram to the the ONLY thing you go to the doc for. I am so jealous of your outdoor grow. Can't wait to see how they all finish up.

Thank you THG, I got another one done this morning, but it will be the last one this morning. I watered last night and they are really heavy.I got a N larry done, I know they will appreciate it.

Royce doesn't live in this state. Darn it. I can do one at a time and then they will be done by harvest. ha. It is 66 out there and fabulous now. Wish they weren't wet.
I have had a lot of old lady rosarians as role models to never stop gardening. I just have to learn to do it smart.

DSCF1996.JPG DSCF1997.JPGDSCF1998.JPG DSCF1995.JPG

1 home made ss, that is all i have left....
2 nurse larry in her new digs
3Pink moma in her new home
4 why i love smart pots, no girdling after 6 months in the same pot...

wow rose bud just caught and i must say the ladys are looking very good. i always wanted to grow outside but i live in the city where you see a cop every 3 mins mybe one day but until then i will live though yall

Welcome sin inc, It is legal for medical users to grow and even recreational here, but you can't grow it for recreational. I have a neighbor behind me that may object, but he hasn't said anything yet, we share a fence and his tomatoes are waving at my pot. I stay within the guidelines, but it is still worrisome as you don't want to get ripped off. Nice to see you.

Ok, the girls are in big girl pots and it wasn't that bad. Mr rb came out and helped. After yesterday morning doing one while wet, he had to lift those, but this morning all were dry...much better.

I am calling today the start of flowering.

Here they are: DSCF1999.JPG DSCF2001.JPG

If you look closely you can see a satori boy in the window looking at the girls. ha

Those are gonna be some trees g.j. on the moving of them no small task

why are you calling this flower?

Im curious as to my plants are stretching a bit...Ill share the yard here soon...plants look great Girl....Im have to mist again a few times today...they love that :D...say :ciao: to Hubby

:bong: and pass

Do you think i might be wrong 4U? I wll go get a close up and see what ya think. It looks to me like the beginning of flower. it has been a month since solstice? Let me know if you agree or not, much respect 4U!DSCF2003.JPG DSCF2004.JPG DSCF2006.JPG This last view is from my kitchen sink. I don't even mind doing dishes anymore.

:hubba: :icon_smile: :hubba:

Looks great Rose! Congrats! I feel the same way about doing dishes :D

Those Look AMAZING Rose!!! Wish I could come up and give you a hand! Now growing outdoors is looking good to me! I love how they are hidden among all the other plants!

Too bad your in another state, or i would take you up on your help.. I am good now, i did it, i am woman...i am sore woman. ha Thanks for stopping by.

Ok, so it is a week later and the kids look pretty good in their ten gallon digs..

DSCF2012.JPG DSCF2013.JPG
DSCF2010.JPG They are a worry thou, as anything can happen outside. Much more worrisome then inside as I have never finished a grow outside...yikes... Bigger plants = more worry.

ya that was my biggest dislike about mine being od. loved sitting smelling them but all in pots in a 2 family tight neighborhood in pots made me to worried some one would grab em or the bugs

so i fed my plants that came in that stuff you found, think it was on fri so gonna hit em again today. they seem to not have minded it at all growing like crazy still.

e/ lol don't think anyone could walk off with one of yours they are HUGE

Rosebud, those have absolutely started flowering. I see not problem with calling 7-24 day 1 of flowering. Pistils very visible. They are looking just wonderful. I love the Christmas tree shape of the Pink Mama.

You may decide to do this every summer. You are going to be amazed how much bigger these get than your indoor plants. I see a very bountiful harvest 2 months or so down the line.

Thanks for coming by NE, and THG, they are already bigger and heavier than anything i have grown before. i can't lift them or even turn them when they are wet.

NE, we have no one in one house behind us, a grumpy abusive alcoholic is behind us, but I am legal and I figure he can't smell. lol. The houses on either side of us wouldn't say anything if they even saw it. so it isn't too terrible. I am still a nervous about them. I am glad you liking the SNS stuff. I need to reapply it now I think. I guess you can use it up to two weeks prior to harvest. I won't do it that soon, I think three weeks max. I don't want my herb to taste like rosemary oil

ya i had one spot i'll get a pic of (have a before as well) they dug into and i see nothing there hit em friday and then today soaked thru real good run off so i know it got to the roots. only a little over 2 weeks into flower so i figure if i see no signs this week probably hit em fri and that will be it unless some thing crazy shows up