Second Grow "Papaya"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rose, Grower, Thanks for swinging in . Will start mixing soil today, Lots of pearl lite....Top'em?? Was going to leave them Nat. But Have brought them this long, might as well get some more bud out of them.... will probably not top the short stubby one..it looks like an entirely different plant...

Gw the wife is tolerating it, but don't think it will be long... was just going with one room then :confused2: got room in the garage for another 3'x 5' room :

PP,, Kraven , How's it... Will see how the lights do..It's all new to me.... going to put them in a 3' x 5' room?? ....:48:

hiya cane, im starting some papaya also. 1 1/2 weeks old now. we can compare. this is my 1st time with papaya. re fans. i really like oscillating type much better than stationary. re plant height after flip. some of mine less than double. but ALWAYS get 1 or 2 stretchers that triple in height. hate these. good reason to clone. good luck!! they"re lookn good

looks like a calcium/magnesium deficiency to me...... could be from lack of feed....... or to much water to often...... are you letting your plants get dry between waterings

They seem pretty dry to me before I water them.. Gave them a lite shot of Epsom salt back Jan 6 Jan 14 I bottom fed with worm tea and they really perked up...transplanted them yesterday into three Gal smart pots and topped three of them.. Cal/Mag = Epsom salt, NO??

They seem pretty dry to me before I water them.. Gave them a lite shot of Epsom salt back Jan 6 Jan 14 I bottom fed with worm tea and they really perked up...transplanted them yesterday into three Gal smart pots and topped three of them.. Cal/Mag = Epsom salt, NO??

Epsom= magnesium

Thanks GW....What do we get our Calcium from??

Thanks GW....What do we get our Calcium from??

I get mine from my water......... your organic so I'm thinking some lime added to your soil when you mix it will help.....not sure if you can use cal/mag or not being organic.

depends on the nute line your using if any, i grow organic and dont have the ability to cook a super soil so i just use Happy Frog for veg, and Ocean Forrest for my 3gal grow bags for flower and i use the General Hydroponics General Organics nute line which has a Cal/Mg. works great

I've grown organic outdoors the past two summers and have used the GH General Organic Calmag+ for calcium issues...
I've always added dolomite lime as a calcium supplement but like SK mentioned it takes time for it to dissolve. I'm not sure if you could use a synthetic CM..
I use synthetic nutrients indoors and the CM I use is much stronger than the GO Calmag+ that I use outdoors..

Thanks All, Will check and see what the local store has For Cal/Mag Issue....

Here we go, gave the girls good shot of mineral tea 1/19 Then some fish firt. 1/21 should give them the cal they need..... trimmed the big fans off one plant, to give the bud sites more light..Seems to open the plant up nice.....Should I be doing this?? .
Can not seem to get that nice dark green color...

View attachment 2016-01-23 09.24.00.jpg

View attachment 2016-01-23 09.24.10.jpg

View attachment 2016-01-23 09.24.21.jpg

View attachment 2016-01-23 09.24.38.jpg

View attachment 2016-01-23 09.24.52.jpg

That is a well debated question. I was taught no because the fan leaves are the solar panels to the plant. I see plenty of people doing it, (kraven) and there grows don't seem to suffer. I don't defoliate much maybe if under led. You will get many opinions Cane.

Thanks Rose I figured that by looking around at what other peeps are doing....will try couple different ways see how they grow......I topped three of them and left the short one alone...

If you think that the leaves are what produces the food then it makes sense to me to leave them on. Not just with pot but when i exhibited roses the ones did better with leaves. That may not be scientific..

They look great and you still have plenty of fan leaves. When I was using organic nutrients I didn't defoliate. Once I switched to synthetic is when I started.( thinking that I am feeding the plants and that they won't need the fan leaves until I stop the synthetic nutrients). I also supplement with a nutrient tea the rest of the way.

I've noticed that the side branches grow upwards much faster after removing the bigger fan leaves. Which gives you a candelabra effect when you flower.

Latest posts

Back