Second Grow "Papaya"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an observation but what causes the tips of the new growth, the very tips of the leaves are yellow? I was going to feed some worm tea today...

Hi Rose Thanks for swinging in....They have been in those pots two weeks now... have just given them mineral tea & Epsom salt So far.....
Another thing in all my watering I have yet to have any run off?? Am watering with the turkey baster Up to about 5 oz so far, seem to be drying out in about 35 Hrs...

Those drooping leaves suggest she is very wet right now....... that can cause N uptake issues......... and could be causing some of the yellowing as well.

When plants have had too much nutes they can burn on the tips. But those girls always have looked hungry.. so did mine.

Yep GW they were pretty wet, those pics were yesterday .... Can not seem to load any fresh pics,,Two of them seem to stay a little droopy.. Have been really trying on the watering... Going to put them in three Gal smart pots before I flip'em...

Yep GW they were pretty wet, those pics were yesterday .... Can not seem to load any fresh pics,,Two of them seem to stay a little droopy.. Have been really trying on the watering... Going to put them in three Gal smart pots before I flip'em...

They're still filling the pot they're in........ as they get bigger you should have less issue with them staying wet to long.

So I have a small fan blowing over the top of the plants....Question is..Should the fan be blowing on the plants, rustling the leaves???

Cane while mine are seedlings and through veg they get the fan blown just over the tops between the light and canopy tops, that little bit of constant movement builds stouter stems. After the flip there is two fans running, one that circulates air under the canopy on the bottom 2/3 of the plant that has been cleaned off and one the points down and hits the whole canopy, moving the leaves gently.

Ah Nice... Thank You ......Will pick up another small fan....

I would like to finish these in three Gal smart pots, the tallest one is 11", was going to take them to 14" to 16", & flip them..should I let the get a little taller???.... I really don't know how much they will stretch when I flip them.?? would like then to finish around 4'-5'...
If they are going to grow twice again that much????, that will put me at 4'.. That should be a good height, in my present set up... Guess that I should transplant and Lollipop them soon??

Got some pics that will show you what I am doing to do this winter grow... room is in the corner of our unheated garage... Took my ventilation,piped it back to the garage to help warm garage.."Thanks ..HP.." It's working, plus I am running a heater and a humidifier in the grow area... And the plants on a table, above the heater... This is why I would like to try to keep them 4 to 5 foot... Also I run a propane heater in the garage to help warm the make up heat for the grow area....

View attachment 2016-01-15 19.36.59.jpg

View attachment 2016-01-15 19.38.21.jpg

View attachment 2016-01-15 19.38.52.jpg

View attachment 2016-01-15 19.38.09.jpg

View attachment 2016-01-15 05.19.35.jpg

Hi Cane, I would top now. Looks great in the bathroom. Plants look good too. I would transplant and let them grow for 2-3 weeks to make new roots than flip. they will stretch, but I don't think they will double. Very nice.

my wife would kill me if I was to do that to the spare bathroom........ get your grow on cane......... :48:

Latest posts

Back