Second Grow "Papaya"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rose, GW,& Kraven, Thank you for stopping by And for all the help....
Plants are 4 & 5 inch's tall with 4 & 5 nodes each ...Keeping the light around 15" off the top of plants.. Is this good spacing? Should I try to lower Light? Just smile & watch'em grow?

I use the back of hand method, if you can hold the back of your hand over your canopy for 1 min and it does not get hot your spaced about right. With my 400w open hood its about 18" with my air exchange, with the 600w its more like 24" so use the back of your hand and find the sweet spot, then that's the correct spacing for the whole grow. My buddy runs a 1kw sealed hood and I can hold the back of my hand to it and it's cool, so he keeps about 12" to 14 "so as not to bleach the plants.

Node spacing seems tight enough as it sits,...is a sealed hood with good ventilation 12 to 15" sounds good... Funny how one of the plants the shortest one,is packed with the most Nodes?:)

Keep the light where it is please. They are stacking nicely in my not always so humble opinion.

I hear ya Rose, I will not be changing anything, anytime soon. My neighbor was by & thought that I should lower the hood some.. I think I heard someone say that, the hardest thing to do is nothing!!

Seam to Be growing along fine...tallest are six nodes growing on seven...
When do you think about topping? && How much do you take.???
Was thinking on next watering on giving them a little mineral tea...
This guy in town brews it,also doe's a compost tea.. He says that they need to be applied within Four hrs. Says it full of live stuff????
Does any one here use a mineral tea on MJ???

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-1.jpg

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-2.jpg

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-3.jpg

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-4.jpg

They look so nice. yes, i love microbial tea. Feed the soil... your plants will thank you. I wouldn't top yet.. Is she ever going to stretch?

Probably...that 600 watts beaten down on her 24/7... there afraid:)
Think next watering if the guy is open, I will give them a tiny bit of mineral tea....

If you went 18/6 you may get more stretch if you are wanting to top them you may have to do that.

Wouldn't cutting the hrs push them into flower?? I don't have a problem keeping them on 24/0 ... I will give them some time.... More & tighter the nodes the better??? NO?

Yes, you are right tight nodes are what we go for. i have an indica in my bathroom now that i never could top..It was just too squat and tight like yours are. I haven't grown many indicas like that..maybe someone who grows them should check in. They will eventually branch out. Are you thinking clones? I think they look nice.

Haven't ordered up yet but thinking will order that Octo cloner that Kraven picked up...He seems to like it... https://www.htgsupply.com/Product-8-Site-Cloner-Bucket Also looking at a two foot T5s..too start a cloning area.....

I backed the light off a little @ 24", might just put them on the 18/6, as long as it not going to hurt the cycle....three are stretching a little.{very little} the one is real squat...

i dont see any problem in topping them, yes they are short, yes they havnt stretched much but if you plan on vegging them longer then go ahead and top, just peel back the newest fan leaves and snip off the new growth tip, they will eventually bush out if you leave them in veg longer, might take a while but with short stocky plants that kinda happens, topping it will allow the lower branches to bush out more, giving you more tops, short and squatty or tall and lanky i still see no problem with topping them, they will simply require more veg time...

Thanks Sunakard, Going to Let them get a couple more nodes. then top them, sitting at six nodes now..

no problem, a lot of people assume that topping requires you to take a large portion from the top which isnt true, as long as you completely snip off the new growth tip the plant will transition how it moves hormones through the plant, since the top growth tip is removed those hormones will be re-routed to the other new growth tips (the upper nodes closest to the "topping" and lower branches, as i said it will require more vegging but the plant will bush out a bit more, also you may see some stretch due to light schedule but the most significant stretching happens in the first 2 weeks or so of flowering.

no problem, a lot of people assume that topping requires you to take a large portion from the top which isnt true, as long as you completely snip off the new growth tip the plant will transition how it moves hormones through the plant, since the top growth tip is removed those hormones will be re-routed to the other new growth tips (the upper nodes closest to the "topping" and lower branches, as i said it will require more vegging but the plant will bush out a bit more, also you may see some stretch due to light schedule but the most significant stretching happens in the first 2 weeks or so of flowering.

Thank You My friend,Great Info....So if you do not top all the energy goes just to one Bud...think that I will leave one..Just to see..

Kraven That's fine, that's just what I needed to see.. I think I like the Bush better:)

Latest posts

Back