Second Grow "Papaya"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rose,Kraven , Thanks for all the help, I hear you Kraven, you are not here to feel it.
I put the seeds in strait sunshine mix similar to pro mix. not much of anything in it.
Gave them lite worm tea twice, didn't seem to do much of anything, been watering since then strait water, one turkey baste each watering. they were drying out around 30 hrs.three watering's now...Just transplanted them last night into a mix of the S.S. mix & Roots Org, [which has some nutes in it.] & extra perlite .. Gave them two basters of water tonight ..Feel that i should give this soil a little time before I give them any more tea. Or Hang Myself :)

Cane I'm stumped brother, sure wish I could be there I would have better advice fosure.

Hard to grow small plants in big pots....... imho it is overwatering caused by the large pots and to much water......

Grower,I probably Did over water at the start, but the last three watering's have been good.. Looked at them this morning in the new soil, they are all perked up. Little time see if they darken up some....

Cane at the moment I'm more concerned with the leaf shape and general condition. Your fans should be flat, they should never have that droopy heavy look to them....that is a classic sign of chronic over watering. I sure hope you get it figured out before they get too stunted. Nobody is trying to give you a hard time....whats being said is the soil is either too tight or it does not drain well when you water it. Either way the plant is suffocating and to try and compensate it grows big leaves with big stoma's for gas exchange since the part that needs to be happening in the root zone is not happening. When the water sits in there the O2 comes out and then the roots get no fresh O2 and die, thus making the problem much worse, less roots have a hard time supporting a bigger plant. So you see the problem can simply get worse and the only way to fix it is to get soil that allows a wet to dry cycle every 36-48 hours. The roots have to get fresh air too, and theoretically with poor draining soil they simply stay under stagnant water and slowly die. If you used happy frog, that's a good soil but it needs to be mixed 50/50 with perlite or its not going to drain as well as mmj needs. Green mojo brother, hang in there your gonna get it solved...please don't let me insult your intelligence, you may already know all this and it was not meant to belittle only to help, that is my goal.

Kraven No Insults taken here Bro. You all know a lot more about this plant, than I do... Might have gone wrong with the soil right from the start The S.S. mix I used strait .It did suck up the water. Not anything that I can do about that now,No Happy frog here so I am using roots Org.. Have a friend that has had great success with it. Mixed more perlite in it,hopefully enough...

I didn't like roots organic soil, only used it once.

Cane, i have some extra smart pots. Can I send you some? What size are you using?

Rose I just put them in one gal. pots.. I have some 5 gal S.P. "to Big" They do have some in town will check Mon. If they have any smaller..

I honestly think that once you get the drainage right they are gonna take off. It's funny how small things trip us up....I got a finicky girl that I let her go a little lite on MgSO4 and she has not forgiven me yet, all I had to do was mix a teaspoon of Epsom salt in a 5 gal bucket and water with that....but I decided it was a N deficiency and now she looks like crap....she has a month left to go and this is what she looks like today...hope she makes the full run before she craps out on me...so I still have my epic fails brother. (I was gonna add a pic but then decided that's not cool)

They're getting ready for takeoff ....... see the way the leaves on those 3 are pointed out and up the closest one is prefect.......... happy plants........ :48:

Yep think we got it, they look so much Happier...Should have used that extra perlite from the start...There is Lots to learn "Thanks Again"

Yea brother that's the way to rock, they look great man, now get your grow on.

They still have some pale look about some leaves, the soil should take care of them,for bit.. Thanks again all...

They are looking soo much better. I would wait a minute to top them, those are some pretty tight nodes you got there.. Happy new year mr cane.

They are looking soo much better. I would wait a minute to top them, those are some pretty tight nodes you got there.. Happy new year mr cane.

I agree...... can always lollypop some of the rough lower growth and top them in a few more days....... they are recovering nicely......... they're going to really show off once they get the perfect size for those pots.

Latest posts

Back