Second Grow "Papaya"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like it Could be better than perlite where it absorbs some of the water but still get good drainage.... I will add some extra in my mix

Sounds like it Could be better than perlite where it absorbs some of the water but still get good drainage.... I will add some extra in my mix

I'd defiantly use the rock form of it in the bottom of pots I want to drain well........ the powered stuff not sure about using......... I think it might mix well with coco chips if the rocks are the right size.

My Bonsia mix has like 80% volcanic pumice,
Agree to fine and there is no dranage...

Well The girls are looking good this A.M... Although it did take just over three days for them to dry out... 72-75 with 40-45% Rh Gave them a good shot of 1/2 strength worm tea.. they are finally starting to get a tad bit taller... 19 days now.. Next time they need water, think that I will put them in one Gal pots. With some better soil & better drainage..

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-1.jpg

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-2.jpg

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-3.jpg

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-6.jpg

So was up the local Grow store the other day guy gave me a small bag of these Grow Stones.. Great drainage they absorb moisture, he was saying that the roots grab right on to'em.. made out of recycled glass... think i will try a little in my mix.

I heard of those. Bet they would work great.

So was up the local Grow store the other day guy gave me a small bag of these Grow Stones.. Great drainage they absorb moisture, he was saying that the roots grab right on to'em.. made out of recycled glass... think i will try a little in my mix.

oh yea I saw these at my local hydro sto and thought they looked pretty awesome... I was thinking about using them instead of rice hulls which I was going to use instead of perlite, in honor of sustainability... then I read a good point made by someone, glass can always be recycled, so they aren't really helping a problem and they cost a lot more than the other options. I would definitely try out a free bag tho!

give them another week at least......... they're staying to wet to long now...... a sure sign they're got plenty room left in those pots.

Sure enough,,, another week or so ...Next watering just water...
Should I be worried bout My tap water Ph runs about 7.9???

Sure enough,,, another week or so ...Next watering just water...
Should I be worried bout My tap water Ph runs about 7.9???

I'd adjust it so your plants can use the nutrients left in the soil from past applications.

question, i didnt read though everything, but are you running synthetic nutes or organic nutes? if youre running organics all around then there is no reason to adjust the pH of your water, thats what the microbes and fungi do naturally... if youre running with synthetics then yes adjust your water or it will throw things outta wack and your plant wont be able to take up nutes as easly since there is no microbe herd to buffer things for you.

Sun 2000 all I have used is a worm tea and plan on staying Organic..

well if that is the case dont bother doing jack to your water... unless you have very hard water then you gotta do something to get that added salt out... otherwise in organics the microbes and fungi regulate the pH around the plant as they break down nutes in the soil... just part of their daily jobs..., ooh i still recommend that you gas off your water since you are using tap water... let it aerate for at least 24-48 hours to allow a vast majority of chlorine in the water to gas off, also you might want to look into your local water supplier and see what the levels of Chloromine are in your local tap water... if it is high you might have to swap from tap to bottled, personally my local tap water has a bit of Chloromine in it but not high enough for me to really care, and my plants are doing just fine... reason i say to check the Chloromine levels of your water is because unlike chlorine, Chloromine does NOT gas off out of the water like chlorine via aeration/standing... it can only be boiled out, which is a total pain since it takes so long...
just some food for though, but im sure youll be ok with what you have if you just let it gas off for a day or 2 before using it.
i personally LOVE organics... best way to grow imo, so much LESS attention to small details like pH, Organics is more like plug and play, its all ready to go and does many things for you... i just love it, plus the taste is off the charts, my buddy grows hydro, yes he gets hella faster veg but the taste just isnt as strong and wonderful as organic grows...

Well, Thank You Sunakard 2000 Don't know what I was thinking.. I should be using rain water, We have a great collection system. The leaves are light & bright green & a couple of the older ones starting to get a little purple on them???
Should be ready for water by end of today.

I don't know what is going on here,??? The last 3 watering's were about 30 hrs apart... Roots seem to be taking over pots so put them in one Gal. pots with the sunshine mix , roots org 707, & extra perlite ...Did give them lite worm tea three watering's ago...
Leaves bright green,lower ones yellow & blotchy :confused2: I will keep trying to load some pics, but i keep getting an error something about security tokens??

Cane, get her some nitrogen, did the worm water help at all? I am thinking I don't like the soil they are in. Can you get your hands on some FFOF until we figure out what is going on?

Rose so hard to tell without being there, they look over watered, but have not been there to water myself so gosh, I dunno. Both over and under watering will have those droopy pale leaves, also if he has no micro herd but is "feeding the soil" his plants are not getting nutes....so his issue is complex and not easily solved w/o actually being there. Cane I wish you luck man, they are stressed.....hopefully you will get it figured out soon brother.

Latest posts

Back