Second Grow "Papaya"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cane :)

Just wanted to comment that you have a super nice set-up and your grow looks great.

Nice green thumb!

:48:

Fog, Thank You, for swinging in.... We got long way to go:)

Yea the girls needed some minerals I believe, it looks like you got all the hiccups outa the way so your off to a fantastic start. I'll take the post down with the pic now, just didn't know any other way to get it too you, I have not figured out how to send a pic in a pm. They should begin to gain momentum soon, so grabbing my popcorn and pulling up a chair.:watchplant:

Rose Thank you so much for your support... Looking at my space 3'x4'., my knowledge of the strain, Might Just grow them out without topping them, take a couple clones,to try bushing them out later...Just a thought,,, after I seen the monster that Kraven had..

Kraven thanks for stopin in... Couple of them, the leaves are a little variegated, If the mineral tea doesn't clear it up, I will give them a little Epsom salt,
I know you gave it to me somewhere....But do you have the recipe for it??

you should lollypop them before flower and use the stems you remove while lollypopping to make clones. :48:

Grower 13..... Really.. don't know what you mean by lollypopping them???

remove all the growth on bottom half+ of the plant....... leaving a stick with a nice bush on top.......... :48:

Ah of course, hence the name, Lollipop,, Thanks GW...

O.K. I'm not going to top them. Now What??
How Long do I veg them?? :watchplant:
Next pot size?? I have Three & Five gal.smart pots....
My room is 3 x 4 x 8 and I am having to run an elect heater and a humidifier,,,,Don't Know if I drop the girls on the floor ,how they will react to the heat running so close,....right now they are on a table over the heater....

so many variables... first off can you take and post like 3 or 4 good pictures of your grow space, a few of both your veg area and of your flower area, it will help greatly in offering help.

but i can say this, having the heater at the same level as the plants is not a good idea, personally i dont need a heater but i have my light up almost as high as it can go, and ill use over-turned large pots or crates or even a table, anything to adjust each individual plant up or down to keep all plants canopies on an even level with each other, so you move the plants not the light, and having a heater if needed on the floor below the plants would be alright, better yet if you lets say have a grow tent and you need a heater, id get one that could heat up the whole room to the proper temps needed so when the exhaust fan is pulling air through the tent its pulling the air in the room into the tent and out lets say a window so the warm air isnt circulating back into your grow room...

personally i use a closet with the bifold doors taken off for my veg space, and a AgroMax Large tent 55"x55"x79", with as i said my lights (600w hps and 2 135 watt 7band LED ufos in opposite corners from eachother) at the top of my tent so i raise or lower my plants to keep the canopies about 20-15 inches from the bottom of the light hood... i can scooch them about 10-12 inches from the hood if i really wanted to since i have a good exhaust fan so it keeps the lights temps down really well... but i prefer the 15-20 inch spacing so the LEDs done bleach the tops from being too close...

again it would really help if we could actually see your grow space so we can better offer help more tailored to your grow spaces as opposed to general rules of thumb...

hope that helped a bit, also when to flower is dependent on personal choice, grow area restrictions, and strains, if the plants are far more sativa dominate then youll need lots of room for stretch and added flower growth so you may want to top and LST the plants, but if they are far more indica dominate then you might not need to top and just let them get about 1-1.5foot+ tall and lollypop the lower garbage and just let it go all natural so to speak... again there are many variables with the strains, you can have an indica dominate strain that doesnt really grow with a typical indica short and compact structure because it might be a hybrid and is mostly indica in general but its growth structure resembles its sativa parent, so its taller and stretches more... kind of a winging it situation until you get the hang of things with that strain...

Thank you Suna2000 ..It's winter and I'm seeing what I can do, with what I have...Page one has Pics of my space.. room is in the corner of a garage, so I am using the air from the garage for air to room..repiped the exhaust back into garage it helps heat the garage... Also burn a propane heater to help.. My wife complains I'm keeping the garage warmer than the house..:)

I'm still curious how they are gonna stretch when you flip them....I'll be watching.

Looking good mrcane. They are growing fast now

Latest posts

Back