Seed Harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojosat

Bad Typists, Untie!!
Reaction score
I hate the idea of buying seeds or anything mj related online so I was extatic when my brother brought me back a few nl haze cross seeds from his vacation in Amsterdam a few months ago. I waited to start them because we had just moved and I had a honey do list a mile long and wanted to be able to give this (only my third) grow adequate attention.

I veged em for about 30 days under 18k's worth of mixed spectrum cfl lumens in my veg closet and then started them to flower under my 400 hps. I only started 3 plants, so I was dissapointed when 12 or so days in I discovered a male. Rather than starting another plant or trashing it though, I had a lightbulb go off, and quickly headed to MP for some pollination research. I decided, lets get ourselves a nice crop of seeds since warm weather is here and my new home is very remote with tons of woods on all sides.

I chopped the first one today, in my veg closet which has now been converted to drying duty after just over 7 weeks of flower and 5 weeks since pollination and discovered a raging success. One tiny little popcorn bud gave me 11 seeds. so needless to say I will not be running out any time soon.

I know some folks will say why not just clone? I do not have the greenest of thumbs for one, and would like a few more grows under my belt before attempting cloning . I also like the satisfaction that comes from planting a sprouted seed in soil and raising it to maturity. Gives me a sense of creating life and satisfies my God complex.:D

Long story short, thanks for all the help MP..and my advice to any new growers, is spend a minimum of 50 hours reading and learning before giving it a go, and plan on at least one fatel mistake for your first groow.

untitled.jpg

Good job...Just remember to let those new seeds dry for about a month before germing them.

When I harvest my seeds I like to wait until the seeds are breaking through the seed pods...even better is to wait until some of the seeds start to fall to the ground.

Good job again, keep up the great work

See, you learn more all the time. Had no idea about drying them out for 30 days, figured they would be good to go when I started curing the buds sans seeds. Thanks

I also took my male White Widow and put him outside. How many seeds can I expect to get from him at the end of the season?

You don't get seeds from a male, the male drops pollen and that pollenates the female, the seeds are produced on the female plants

Then I guess me putting two males outside was for no reason. I will kill one and put a female clone by him. How close do you have to put them?

I would put them as close as possible but the pollen is very potent and travels rather far with the wind.

So how many seeds can one get from a female plant?

It is very hard to say because it would depend on the size of the plant that gets pollenated but a lot. Think of it this way. Every single calyx is a potential seed, so you could get hundreds or more because it is an outdoor plant, but rest asured that you will get enough to hold you over for a nice little while

I am glad we all have MP to turn to. I was just about to turn two males gay and my outcome would of been **** ... No punt tended............

EDIT
Site Rules
1. This is the most simple of rules. There are filters in place to block the usage of many words that are considered to be unacceptable in polite conversation. If you notice that a word you've typed is replaced by asterisks, then it is one of these words. Please reconstruct your post to reflect what you're trying to say, but without the word that was blocked. Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site. The Moderators will generally only delete the word itself from your post. However, repeated occurrences of this type may cause more severe reaction by the Moderators who are entrusted to keep the peace here.

is this the wrong place to ask, how do you make clones, and is it better then seeds?

Here is a LINK for you. And yes. Takes the hard work out of finding females.

monkerz said:
So how many seeds can one get from a female plant?

The seed plant finished drying today, so before I started the cure, I picked out as many seeds as I could get out of em. I would say I got about 80% of the seeds and out of what I got there are at least a 100 that are a nice, healthy, mature, brown.

Yeah me...I am set for eons. Did a test bud last night and the smoke is fantastic!!!!:woohoo:

Looking good. Looks like you have seeds for the next few years :)

Latest posts

Back