seedlings in ffof ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunsmoke

class of 78"
Reaction score
So many people start their seedlings in ffof and burn them. Even if you mix it with Perlite etc it still has the raw matierial in it. At that point you are just using it as an additive that can kill the small defensless baby.
I do understand the reason for using it for larger plants say 3 wks on I have used it before I decided I can do the same thing with organic ferts.
It is hard to get all micronutes organically but definatally doable. Just more work on a larger grow. If you have a place to work dumping the ffof in a big mound and wetting it covering it lightly then let it age stirring occasionally during each grow ie- 8 or 9 wks. That way you have a batch ready to release the nutrients more readily.
For seedlings I had much better luck buying PLAIN Potting MIX such as schultz's the kind with no fertilizer added. This should only have potting soil peat moss and a small amount of perlite. Add a small amount of composted worm castings and more perlite plus a small amount of lime ( because of the peat) read the label to make sure no fertilizer it will kill seedlings.
Just use an organic fert. Mixed 1/2 or 1/4 strength. Although not all organic I like ff grow big and even add a splash of big bloom. Actually I use these all the way into flowering until stretch is about done before I stop the grow big.
After 2-3 weeks when transplanted to larger pot the ffof is great but I would still add some lime.
Some don't like it but I use a couple drops superthrive in transplanting but then stop because it creates vet growth. I don't understand why people get so worked up about ST -
It's mainly pregnant sheep urine with b vitamins added. Please don't peer on you're plants.
This is only my opinion but has worked very well for decades.
Happy belated 4/20 everyone!:farm:

Latest posts

Back