Seedlings stopped growing??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KP419

Reaction score
I started 8 seeds in a paper towel and then once they emerged from the seed i put 6 in rapid rooter plugs and 2 in soil for which they will be my mothers. These pics show what they look like 3 days after they emerged from the plugs. It has been 5 days since they got this height and have not grown at all, not even just a little bit. Usually after 4 days they would have grown a little bit but they haven't budged. I have 3 of them in a 6 spot drip system that the water on turns on 2 times a day for 15 at a time since the plugs hold water pretty good and they do not need much water at this point. The other 2 are in soil and 2 are still in plug trays but all are doing the same thing. All have good roots, temps and PH are within range. I understand slow growth but not NO growth in 5 days. Any ideas?? or am I just over reacting lol

20121211214910.jpg

20121211215526.jpg

Those are just 2 of the 6 plants but all are the same size.

im not sure what the problem is,but first thing i would think,is the root system warm enough

It could be a few different things. What are the temps of the air and water? how much light are they under? Can you see roots emerging from the net pots? Are you feeding them anything yet?

They are under a 400 watt metal halide which was started a good distance away at first and i lowered a bit a few days later. The water temp feels colder than it should be, i cant seem to find my thermometer so im going to the store in a few minutes to pick one up. Air temp seems normal to me and again i can't find my thermostat either lol i guess im going to be picking one of those up today also. O nly problem i feel that i have is the water temp is a little cold. I added 1 1/2 tsp each of sugar daddy and root 66 for root development. Suppose to add 1 tsp of each per gallon of water and there is 4 gallons in the rez but i didnt feed full strength because of size of course. I do this every time and have always had good results. Roots are not yet out of the net cups besides one plant but are coming out of the rooter plugs but haven't grown much either. Might be the water temp, usually the water pump is able to keep the water warmer but since i only have it timed to turn on twice a day for 15 minutes at a time it can't heat the water up.

I put a small aquarium heater in the rez to keep it warm enough until i can run the pump longer to keep the temp up.

That(raising the water temp) may be the key for them as they are like clones in the rooting stage right now. They are trying to build a solid root system. I would keep the water temp between 75-80 until they get a good group of roots and get growing real good. Then lower the water temp to 70-74. :)

Latest posts

Back