Seeds from 1968...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@SIX...Just a thought I had with seeds that old when you do decide to start leave yourself like a 2 week wiggle room window in your calender SIX ...I only say that because I've seen some way old stock go like gangbusters,...Where as I've seen some growl like snails till they really take off usually at about 2 to 3 inches then they hit and roll...But that is just my experience.

James

Reactions: Six
4u2sm0ke said:
hey six....a GJ is (grow journal) start one up and like HIE said we can all come visit and give our .02 and sometimes i give $1:rofl: I live in Seattle where i can have 12 plants and 24 oz dried weed..i exceed the plant limit and have yet to have 24 oz:giggle: good luck 2u..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

i can only have 2.5 oz of smokeable material...but i figure that if its in mason jars curing then it isnt smokable :hubba:....thats my story and i'm stickin to it..:ignore:...Gotcha on the GJ and thankyou...i will be sure to start one at that point...

MysticWolf said:
@SIX...Just a thought I had with seeds that old when you do decide to start leave yourself like a 2 week wiggle room window in your calender SIX ...I only say that because I've seen some way old stock go like gangbusters,...Where as I've seen some growl like snails till they really take off usually at about 2 to 3 inches then they hit and roll...But that is just my experience.

James

The way that im figurin it with my calendar...if i start my next set when this set hits the flower room, then i will have 8 weeks to get them pruned up and ready to flower...i have some tweaking to do as far as the number of plants and where they are in order of progression in order to get things right...it will help alot when i get my mother plants full grown...the clones i just recently took will hopefully be my mothers...ive got about 3-4 weeks till harvest and im leaving myself a couple of weeks to remodel some things in my flower room....that should put me at about 6 weeks out till my next set goes into the flower room...so i think the remodel time will be my 2 week window that i will have to play with....

I'll be watching @SIX let me know when you give it a shot please ...Betting it will be a way fun grow...

James

Reactions: Six
The Hemp Goddess said:
:yeahthat: I have to say that I personally never smoked anything back then that can touch what we have now. Most of us old hippies had just started smoking about then and anything other than mexican ditch weed was "bomb". It is hard to describe how mj has changed in 40 years.

I fondly remember weed from the latter 70's like Columbian Gold, Panama Red and other Columbian 'strains' like "Redbud" and "Blackbud." And California Sensimilla blew me away whenever I got my hands on some... and it was great stuff I'm sure. Very piney, usually small hard nugs... You can't give adequate thanks or say enough about the growers and the tradition that all started in Humboldt County.

I agreee that weed is MUCH better now but I always wonder what happened to great Thai weed that was around so much. Around 1979-81 I was getting some killer Thai bud for a couple years and it was very consistent. It was the first time I'd ever seen bud produced from clones and I didn't know what I was looking at! I remember my dealer pal opening this garbage bag and it was about 1/3 full of these pot "spears"... all of it was footlong or more colas and I thought to myself "How the h*ll did they grow this stuff?" My buddy used to drive from where we lived in the Dakotas to Denver and someone was growing it there... You'd have to grow a great Sativa like Kali Mist to approximate what that weed had going on and it's no mystery that many great Sativas today owe their lineage to Thai heritage. The sad thing is if you go to Amsterdam the Thai weed is the dirt weed on the menu and it's compressed and smuggled like commercial Columbian and it's nowhere near as good as what we used to get in the 80's. The pot laws in Thailand are in the dark ages. Simple possession can land you in prison so there ya go... LE. :eek: Geez.

But HOW it's changed! :D MANY MANY MANY props to the Dutch Ganja brethren who assembled the genetic pieces and brought marijuana hybridization to a whole new level and they carried the torch through some dark decades for this magical, mystical, medicinal plant. Also the Canadians (eh?) for their work and for carrying the torch back across the Atlantic to North America... And the Humboldt growers who have persevered through persecution for decades... The hybrids that are evolving today are so exciting and now with the current Cali med situation we're moving forward in leaps and bounds.

Enjoy Amigos, enjoy... ONE world IS enuf if you got bud mon...Irie!:cool:

Latest posts

Back