self sustaining system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenguy

Reaction score
ok so I would like to do some research on building a system that is automatic or self sustaining...not sure what these are called NFT? drip system?

can someone drop some knowledge and or links on me please?

Virtually all hydro systems using timers are automatic, unless you want it to mix your nutes too.

If you do DWC, you don't even need a timer for the hydro, just for the lights, because the air pump runs constantly. Waterfarm systems are the same way -- just a continuous running air pump.

Good smoking.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

what I want is 6, 5 gallon DWC buckets with air pumps and 1,000w HPS inside a 76" x 76" grow tent...but what I am getting at in this thread is that I dont want to ever have to fill up the buckets with water again I want there to be an irrigation system set up that keeps the bucket levels right and all I have to do is mix nutes and fill up the central water container that will then distribute to individual buckets...

"growtronix.com/store"

Holy ****!!! thas bad ***!!! you just upped my aspirations big time!

There are quite a few ways of doing and quite a few journals showing how to do it. One way is to just add a controller and a line running to each bucket and back to controller.

I have yet to see any hard feedback on how well these fully automated systems preform. Maybe no one can afford them yet and that's why. Really not sure.

But from a realistic financial standpoint even if you increase you nute levels based on timelines (within safe parameters), instead of each particular plants needs, you'd still have to maintain/adjust you PH levels regularly. I use a recirculating system with my DWC buckets so it's easier to adjust them but still requires regular attention.

Looking for a turn key, fully automated system that grows perfect buds seems like a bit of a pipe dream to me. Maybe someday, but that's kind of the opposite of why i grow.
Good luck with whatever you decide!

doesnt need to be fully auto but semi auto would be great...I would basically just like to set up a main resevoir that is attached to the 6 dwc buckets

greenguy said:
doesnt need to be fully auto but semi auto would be great...I would basically just like to set up a main resevoir that is attached to the 6 dwc buckets
Seems simple enough. Use a controller bucket (that all the other buckets are attached to) and hook a reservoir to the controller bucket using a float valve. You'll want some sort of overflow device on the controller bucket because those floats are not always super reliable and the worst case scenario could be pretty awful if the float fails.

A system like this will still require you to check PH regularly. And if your checking the PH regularly it's only an extra minute to top off the controller bucket manually while you're there.

I WANT A DISPENSARY WITH SEVERAL ROOMS CONTROLLED BY THESE AUTOMATED SYSTEMS

lol if I shout it loud enough into the eigther maybe karma bring it too me!

Latest posts

Back