sexing by unrooted clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedagain714

Reaction score
i read somewhere a long time ago,where hick told some one to sex plants by cloning wuthout rooting.how is that done,is it just take cuttings and put them strait to 12/12?

is it just take cuttings and put them strait to 12/12?

That is how I understood it.

In a glass of water/perlite and 12/12

:yeahthat:

take care and be safe

promix is a soilbase..what you asked was How to sex unrooted clones....

Take a clipping from the plant you want to find sex of..be sure its atleast 5 weeks from germ..place that clipping in a glass of water and place under 12/12 light...it will show sex and may even pop a root out...and this can very in 3 days to a couple weeks..why not just place the donor in 12/12 than pull back out when shows?

take care and be safe

got promix bx,think it is soiless mix.i have 11 doners,ill probably just put them under 12/12 since it could take that long to tell sex doing it the other way.thanks for the info

Promix is not a soilless mixture. However, if you are ready to flower them, just put them into 12/12. I think it is a bad practice to put into 12/12 and them put back into veg after they have shown sex. If that is what you are planning, just stick a growing tip in a mix of perlite and water and let them sex, as recommended by the others.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think it is a bad practice to put into 12/12 and them put back into veg after they have shown sex. .

I been doing this for a while now..what exactly are the issues from doing this....I allways force flower at 5 weeks..then pull the females to veg for 4 more weeks..and kull the males...

:48:

I find that it slows down growth for at least a week, usually more. The flowering hormones have to kick in and start the flowering process, then switch directions again and start vegging. Sometimes they just don't come back with as much vigorous as they had before. I lose a couple of weeks. I also worry about hermies.

2 weeks till i flip(6 weeks).i was just hoping i could sex them before i flipped lights.thanks for the info.

Well you can, it is easy like the others mentioned. Clip some clones, label them, put them into a perlite water mixture and 12/12 light somewhere and in a week or 2 you will know.

@ 6 weeks I would think you should see stuff

im just under 4 weeks.i will flip at 6 weeks.only reason i asked this question,is this is my first time putting more than one plant per container,starting to get crowded.plan on lsting would have prefered to know sex before lst.guess ill lst all,and cull males after flip.did not plan ahead on this.was checking my options.thanks again for the input

mojo for the grow...not sure I would put unsexed plants in same container thou..Ive seen great results when all was known female...please share this grow with us..I would like to fallow along..and why you have so much red? get ya some Green mojo bro:D

take care and be safe

a question on the promix.ingredients are canadian peatmoss(75-85%),perlite,vermiculite,dolomitic&calctic limestone,wetting agent,mycorhizae.no dirt.why is it not soiless?im diong my grow in hempty buckets(first time)and assumed this was soiless.regaurdless if it is soiless or not it will work hempty style.anyway what makes a soiless mix soiless?

i wasnt being a smart butt on the above question.im trying to go hempty then work up to dwc.i would like to use soiless(practice with ph ect. so i dont kill off my first hydro try) before making next step.i thought what i was using was a soiless mix.

Latest posts

Back