Sexing. Its fun to get it on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluealein56

Misderected Hostilty
Reaction score
OK

Well im about to put my shrubs into flowering so im try to brush up on my sexing knowledge. These plants are 7half weeks into veg from seed and are from bag. 400 mh right now, to a 400 hps next week. anyways. I was wondering if i could bother a few of you knowlegdeable cultivatiors here on earth for a little bit of what to look for when sexing. yes i know what ballls look like but isnt there something about looking at little white hairs somewhere and i know tcvg has a node spacing techinque that confusses me everytime i look at it. any and all help is appreciated and if you just wanna have a laugh at me or poke a joke for fun , well thats welcome too.:aok:

SEX? where?!!

Yeah, sometimes vegging plants can show pre-sex signs, if you see any white hairs; odds are its a female, but sometimes there are little things that look like white hairs but are green which doesn't mean its a boy or girl.

1st week or 2nd week into flowering you should see the signs, white hairs called pistils for the girls and no white hairs and what look like BALLS for the boys, be careful though sometimes stuff on a plant can look like balls or hairs and could be neither.

i wish i could share some sexing knowledge with ya,but the only sexing i know goes on in the bedroom,graveyard,church,while driving hell just about everywhere.for me my plants showed sex while in veg about 6-7 weeks.but yeah they will start looking like little balls but very very soon after they will show the white stigmas your looking for,if no hairs/stigmas appear at all then you got a male.so basically look for hair out of the ball.if im wrong someone correct me but im pretty positive thats how it goes.

bluealein56 said:
OK

Well im about to put my shrubs into flowering so im try to brush up on my sexing knowledge. These plants are 7half weeks into veg from seed and are from bag. 400 mh right now, to a 400 hps next week. anyways. I was wondering if i could bother a few of you knowlegdeable cultivatiors here on earth for a little bit of what to look for when sexing. yes i know what ballls look like but isnt there something about looking at little white hairs somewhere and i know tcvg has a node spacing techinque that confusses me everytime i look at it. any and all help is appreciated and if you just wanna have a laugh at me or poke a joke for fun , well thats welcome too.:aok:

there are several pictures on the "Resource" page, showing males, fem's and he-she's in the early stages. Look under "MJ Sex Ed"... ;)

bluealein56 said:
OK

These plants are 7half weeks into veg from seed and are from bag.

To avoid growing a bunch of males for 7 weeks what I do once the plant is big enough to clone is take a clone from each and put it directly into 12/12 light the clone will sex and you will know the sex of the donor plant.

I find I can accurately pre-sex my plants anywhere from 4-6 weeks from seed.Use a 20-30x loupe and examine the node area where a branch comes of the main stem.If you see what looks like a crab claw,you have a male.A female will show a tiny hair.

hi all new here .can anyone please tell me the best time to switch bulb from flourescent to sodium .ive planted from seed and tthey are about 3-4 inches high and an average of about ten leaves .

i find that my males always show their sex before the females and they seem to grow faster and taller than the fems. i usually clone so that way i dont have to deal with males a whole lot.

i like growdudes suggestion

Yeah, sex the birds and the bees. Just go ahead and switch to 12/12 and you will find what you seek. My male starting showing signs the first week. The girl was timid and wanted to take her time with sex. lol. She sexed me the second week and boy was it some good sex.Yeah why wait any longer, especially if you're not for sure what the sex is. Or you can clone it and little longer but pay out will be goo d if its a girl. We are the grow-a-tiers and the chose is yours lol.:bong:

my seeds are now 3-4 inches tall with about 8-10 leaves where do i take cutting from to find out sex early

jasonscruff said:
my seeds are now 3-4 inches tall with about 8-10 leaves where do i take cutting from to find out sex early

Doesnt sound big enough.

yeah their to small wait till their at least a foot an a half tall to start taking clones

jasonscruff said:

Generally best to let your plants veg for 4-5 weeks. They should be 1.5 to 2' tall ( I know you're in england, sorry I forget the metrics system, been a long time since i lived there :holysheep: ) at around 3 weeks, you should be able to take cuttings. Look in the forum for cutting techniques - should be in the sticky's somewhere. I reckon I saw something you posted about lights too....keep 'em under flouros for veg, HPS for flower (unless you have metal halide for veg). Most of the questions you have can be answered just by reading old threads.

ahhh. i think i might just do a little Mojo switch on them things next thursday and just go over to 12 /12. Have to wait cause i topped two of them sunday night

Latest posts

Back