Sick Seedlings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Junior Grower
Reaction score
O.K. I will try to provide all of the info that I can on my situation.

2- White widow from seed 12 days old
germinated in Fox Farm Light Warrior 16 oz. cups
lights-4, 4ft verilux flourescent
RH-30%
temps- 73-75 F
ph 6.9
Transplanted last night into 1 1/2 gal pots with 2/3 OF 1/3 LW soil mixture

I have a total of 8 babies 4 WW 4 Hindu Kush. All of the other seedlings seem to be in good health under the same conditions. It is just that these two are not looking healthy. Some advice and help would be greatly appreciated. The first set of leaves are curling under, and the tips are starting to yellow. I am working on posting pics.

O.K. here are the pics of my seedlings

sick 001.jpg

sick 002.jpg

I hear WW are finicky towards nutes. Almost looks like an over-watering. Pics are sorta blurry.

Gotta bring that ph down at least to 6.5. Your problem looks like overwatering though, but I'm sure that high ph isn't helping things...

Overwatering could be a good possibility. I've never used FF before, and it seems like every time I water it runs straight through the soil. How would you suggest I bring the ph down?

6.9 sounds like a good PH to me...
I wouldn't worry about it...
:lama:

I use a few drops of Vinegar in my water to bring the PH down... Tab water here is way over 7.5...

Sorry, but I gotta disagree with the last person. 6.9 ph is less than prime for MJ, especially WW. It might not be the biggest concern when its at 6.9, but with a plant like WW, its fickle and ya wanna treat it right or she'll give ya problems, so IMO that you should bring down your PH. You can bring it down with some ph down from a pet or gardening store, with a lemon, or with vinegar. PCCuck also hit on it earlier, WW are finnicky with nutes, keep a close eye on those seedlings, the 2/3 OF might be too much for em...

But yea, FF soils take some getting used too with their water holding properties, they def. hold water a bit differently than most other soild out there...

I tend to agree with the others; they look a bit over-watered. I know nothing about WW, but try lowering the pH just a bit. They look pretty healthy otherwise.

Thank you very much (everybody) for your advice. I think I will lay off the water until they dry out a bit. I should have known better this is ain't my first rodeo. As for the PH next time I water I will adjust. One more thing this is a pic of my ph tester the brand is rapidtest. Is it reliable? And what should the ph of my water be when I water to get what is desired?

meter 001.jpg

meter 002.jpg

Go to a garden/pet store, and get some stuff called PH 7.0. This is a solution with an accurate ph meant to test your meter against. Stick in your probe and see how close to 7 it is, it'll give ya a good guage of the accuracy.

Latest posts

Back