Simple curiosity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass

Reaction score
This year is my first grow, and out of 5 total kids, I had to kill two. One male and one herm.....so sad. Anyway, the last of my 1st three to survive is several weeks into flower and showing some beautiful buds all over her 3ft self. I was just curious if the ladies continue to pack on weight while under darkness. Every morining when I bring them back outside from their 12hrs of blackout, I like to stare at them simply because they are so interesting. I can't decide if in fact they have gotten a tad fatter overnight or if I'm just humoring myself. Anyone know if they continue to grow in darkness??

Well to say they grow in darkness....not sure if thats the correct word. There are processes that continue in darkness, however that would eventually stop if the plant was left in darkness for several days. The plant still runs on sun light, however the plant stores energy that will carry it thru dark perods.

I agree with UK....mine seem to grow every night...i can adjust the lights for height and in the mornin when the lights come on they need to be adjusted again...i have a bag seed on week #3 of flower right now and shes stretchin alot right now...hope it slows down soon, lol....but beautiful hairs everywhere...by far my best grow yet, but this is only round #2 for me...and i too like to just sit and watch them grow, its relaxing

It's funny because even though I appreciate trees, my fondness for this plant is beyond appreciation. I gave the kola a light pinch today and good gawd is she stanky. On one hand I can't wait till harvest, but since I'm only growing outside this year, I'll be sad when it's done for the year!

Latest posts

Back