Simple Yellowing Problem....BUT...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gods Advocate

Reaction score
I believe this to be a very simple problem, and id know what you guys would tell me to do, BUT i think that these guys are too young to have nute deficiencies? What do you think is wrong with these guys now? water schedule has been backed off to every other day, no nutes, lights are 10 cfls even spectrums, lights are about eight inches away and on 24/7 in a rubbermaid grow box. the water is distilled water and im unsure of the ph at the present time. im in the process of getting it around 6.5. temp stays between 75 and 84 or so. with humidity right around 45 to 50. fans blow on them continuously.

what yall think?

plant3.JPG

plant5.JPG

plant52.JPG

:farm: Hey, Gods Advocate, Just a few things...First-off, Useing CFL's, You Can put your plants About 4" Closer to your Lights. Make Sure you Have Good Air-Circulation, And Watch Your Temp's! Second: You state that you are not sure if it's Over-Nute Related, If you are Useing Nutes, You Can Over-Feed. We Use SuperThrive and Seaweed Extract on our Seedlings. That's It. Every-Other Feeding. 10 Bar CFL's? WOW, :eek: That Sounds like alot. Probbly be good for Blooming, do you have seperate areas for Vegging/Blooming? It's A Good Idea. We have 2 closets, Im Posting some Pic's of our Veg. Area. 4 CFL Socket Bulbs/ Various Sizes, The Biggest We Could Find, 3 Light "Domes", White reflective Paper, And a small rotateing fan, and...TA-DA!!! All of the Plants in our "Veg." Area are Clones, The Little Yellow Leaves you See on the Clones Means that they have "Taken", Taken Root that is. The Larger Plant is Our Mother N.L. x Skunk, The Smaller, Bushery Plants Are Grandaddy-Purps Clones, And the thiner, taller Clones are N.L.'s. Hope this Helps you out Some. CaptainViper.:D

i heard, and have read dozens of times NOT to use nutes at this current stage? they are just about 2 weeks from germination and are looking pretty good minus the little bit of yellowing. im hoping that it doesnt continue down the leaves though and consume the whole plant. they are not nuted. ill work on bringing the light further down. but what could be causing the little yellowing on the tips?

hwo would i change the soil mix being to hot? i could definitely see this i suppose... but i dont know how to control that... the temp stays at 84 or lower....?

just means your soil may be on the acidic side of the ph scale.
best range for MJ - 6.3-6.9= slightly acidic.
if it`s a hot mix, flush, but wait it out for now, no nutes just water.

that one of the main thing chek your ph no matter what and if you goin to feed them nut i go with slow release sticks thats what i use all the way on veg and it works good that way you dont have to do mixture that might cuase that nut burn

that soil looks dried up to a crisp i could eat it & get dry mouth its so dry looking lol

now im not saying its ideal because this was before i found this site but i added nutes to my main after 3weeks of germinating but that's half the recommended dosage... (shot up quick it loved it , but only do half the dosage for the first 6-8weeks , i don't believe in no nutes to start im sure it works better this way)

also if you dont already & if you can , put them plants in the window say 5am or whenever it gets to daylight , then back to having them under your lights at night & within a few days they will shoot up / bigger leafs , that's exactly what ive been doing & it works out great .....
:) GL :)

Latest posts

Back