Small grow in apartment building, is it safe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here grows in an apartment. I dont want to use my own house because I am close to a school and have a child here as well. Not to mention my love for firearms, lol. So my thought was to rent an apartment and have a small grow for medicinal use. There is a 20 plant limit where I am and have no plans on going over that. However, is it more risky in an apartment? I would take the top floor of course and vent everything, but should I be worried? Is a house much safer? Thanks for the input.

Hey there. If its legal to have plants there, then why not just have them in your own house somewhere? Like a closet or a garage, heck even an attic or basement?

I have kids too and they don't have a clue. At least I don't think they do. ;)

Good luck.

SmokinMom makes a good point,
First thing I'm thinking is that in a rental situation the owner can come snooping around messing with locks, or at the last second tell you he needs in for some reason, and you find yourself ill prepared to deal with a bunch of plants and bingo you got a problem
I also have kids, one is 11 and the other is 19. Neither has a clue, they never smell it when I have smoked, cause I clean up real well, and they would never go mess around in my garage. So it's all good.
good luck to you and let us know what you come up with, I'm interested.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Thanks for the advice. My problem mostly lies with my current roommate. She is my cousin and has a 1 1/2 year old. If I row they have to move out because they are taking up the space i would need. I dont want them to have to leave, thast why I wanted to grow elsewhere. Thanks for the replies so far.

thers really no telling what could go wrong , what if a water pipe busted or somithing stupid like that , your not there crap thers just no telling , what could go wrong ,and then again theres no telling what could go right , me and my luck there would be no way i would :doh: good luck with your decision ........

I was a maintenance man for a few apartment buildings for 5 years, and if we had to enter a unit for an inspection or other non emergency reason, we had to give a written 24 hour notice by law, but in the event of a fire, gas leak, flood, water leak, or other event i determined to be an emergency, i could enter at will.also in the rental agreement some properties ask for permission to enter in advance, so if you sign off on it, they can enter for routine repairs with out asking, they just have to leave a notice after they are done.so my advice would be to grow elsewhere.

Type_S150 said:
Thanks for the advice. My problem mostly lies with my current roommate. She is my cousin and has a 1 1/2 year old. If I row they have to move out because they are taking up the space i would need. I dont want them to have to leave, thast why I wanted to grow elsewhere. Thanks for the replies so far.

Why not get the apartment for your cousin and her child instead of the plants? Then grow the plants at your house.

Dang I'm dumb,
Should have seen that one a mile away. good one AlienBait.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

or just get a different apartment all together, something with more room.
granite u'd have to move, but hey whats a lil lifting for some beautiful buds

Alien bait.......thats called Keeping It Simple ....i'll leave the last S off not to offend anyone...talk about logically thinking.....:rolleyes:

Lots of good advice and opinions here. There were quite a few things I never really thought of. Thanks.

pimpwithalimp21 said:
I was a maintenance man for a few apartment buildings for 5 years, and if we had to enter a unit for an inspection or other non emergency reason, we had to give a written 24 hour notice by law, but in the event of a fire, gas leak, flood, water leak, or other event i determined to be an emergency, i could enter at will.also in the rental agreement some properties ask for permission to enter in advance, so if you sign off on it, they can enter for routine repairs with out asking, they just have to leave a notice after they are done.so my advice would be to grow elsewhere.

Just what I was gonna say! Unless it's an emergency, they HAVE to give "written" notice. My friend and I are in a similar scenario, but if they enter his domain, he has a legal right to sue the owners of the complex. Although he lives there full-time, and he's also a gun owner. I wish you well in your endevours and happy growing! LAter!

Iv grown in my appt for 5 years and have never had a problem, jus make sure u got a carbon filter and keep ur mouth zipped.

im gonna be growin next month in my townhouse.im just gonna run a couple carbon filters.im cool with my neighbors so i dont have to worry bout them.and on my lease,i signed a part stating that the maintenance nor management could enter without 24 hr notice.you just gotta be careful not to be growin if they have an annual inspection.i think it help qlot to be cool with your neighbors though.i dont think i'd attempt it if i wasnt.another thing i'd recommend is to not near your furnace or how water heater..thats where the maintenance men wll usual have to go if you need something done.i recommend using a bedroom. i have a full,finished basement and im still gonna just grow in my extra bedroom.i dont know...thats my $.02 on it

I'm growing in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment I live right in front of an elementry school...I have no children in the house,as yeroc said mouth zipped....silence is golden.where I live the cops are always showing up due to crack dealing neighbors and im in my 2 season already......SSSHHHHH if you do the apartment

im on my first grow in my apartment with no air filter yet... but my apartment complex is full of foreigners and their cooking constantly stinks up the hallways, so im not worried about a little bud, its just 2 plants. ive had no problems so far

Latest posts

Back