SnowWhite Generation 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
liermam said:
Even more info, some people to achieve more UV light output than the reptile lights are giving get 150W halogens and remove the glass frame. From what i've read, its over 10 times as effective as one UVB 10.0 reptiglo light.

good to know :aok: I did think the 26w reptiglo 10.0UVB is very weak :hubba:

I've been researching so much on UV light recently, I think i'm starting to glow myself a little bit.

Turns out you were right. THC is converted from CBD. Its converted further, although not catalyzed by UV light, into CBN, which is the amber that happens towards the end of a trichomes life.

hello puffin and everyone else -my first post here
(it's gonna be long but please bear with me)

i haven't got any grows in yet
i just been lurking a few forums reading FAQ's , journals , and various threads
actually i just signed up her tonight cuz i found a link to this journal you posted in another forum

i just read all 24 pages here and couldn't help but wonder
if you have ever considered "Air Layering" - (atleast thats what they called it in a FAQ i read)
in another FAQ i read that your yield is in proportion to the size of the roots
this method it seems would double the size of roots
and maybe greatly improve your yeilds????????

also i'm not sure how the law would see it but
maybe this would help some growers that are limited to the # of plants they can grow legally - since it would be "1" plant

anyway i saved a pic and the text from it in a folder
here is some text from it and pic will be below
-as not to confuse-
this FAQ was for making clones while still attached to the mother
but it could be used to "strech" a plant out
such as a "grape vine" that someone mentioned in an earlier post
Directions=
1. prep. cut a number of pieces of the plastic sheeting to about 3in. by 4in.
poke small holes it the plastic for air exchange, i use an exacto and place
holes in a 1/4in grid pattern.
Take rapid rooter plugs equal to number of ALs wanted, and, placing the scissors though the top hole of the plug to the bottom of the plug, cut the plug so that there is a open slit up the side.
2. select your greenery. find strong branches that can support weight and
are in good health with plenty of nodes and leaves. i recomend trying smaller(5-6in.) cuts the first time till you get used to the feel.
3. prep the greenery. find a node grouping that is close to the main stalk of the plant, but obviuosly not the closest(if you want the branch to veg again)
and remove the leaves from that section of the branch. you shouldnt remove material from a section larger than the length of 1 of your plugs.
take your fingernail and GENTLY scrape away the thin outer layer of this section of branch, so that you expose the thin layer of slimey green just under the surface. again, don?t expose more than can be covered by your plug. NOTE: for ALs larger than 6in. i use 2 plugs and expose twice as much stem/nodes accordingly. this gives the large ones the root mass they need to transfer w/o complications.
4. using your paint brush or stick coat the exposed plant area with your cloning gel generously. don?t leave any area that you?ve scraped open for contamination, this isn?t common but better safe that sorry.
5. wet your plug completely and, opening it by the slit, wrap it around the exposed branch.
6. wrap a plastic square around the plug so its touching the plug all around, and covers back over itself a lttle(1/2in or so). take two twisties and secure the plastic around the plug at both ends, so the whole thing looks like big tootsie roll suspended on a stick.
take a small piece of tape and place it so that it holds down the plastic where it folds over itself(this prevents too much moisture from being lost at the seam).
7. every 3-4 days you may need to add a little water to your AL (if you poked too many/big holes it your plastic, or have a hot or very dry room-done right no watering is needed for at least week 1)
this is done easily by sticking a blunt-tipped syringe carefully into the ALs plug and squeezing out a little water.
8.this is the good part.
After about 2 weeks(depends on strain) your little AL should be nearly rootbound in it?s little pouch. cut it from the mother just below the pouch and cover the open wound(on the AL) with your cloning gel.
unwrap it, stick it in the dirt, and wait a few days before fertilizing.
thats it. it may look shocked the first couple days after transplant(may need to be in indirect light for this spell, depends on your lights), but by day 3 it should be happy and then.....BOOM......no more turn around, just pure uninhibited growth.

i read in one of your posts you wanted to try DWC
how about some home-made aeroponics
this is the second pic below
seems very simple and will be what i try once i can afford the parts
(should be getting a 600 watt HPS soon) :yay:
looks like you would set up the bucket
cut a hole in the lid to drop in a mesh pot
and put a "rockwooled" clone into the meshpot

hehe - might be an awsome set up
cuz once a person trained a brance over with some "air-layer'd" roots on it they could make another bucket for that set of roots

EDIT:
oops i forgot to ask about the tin foil you have on your light
????????????

Air layer1.jpg

______________________ aeroponics2.jpg

liermam said:
I've been researching so much on UV light recently, I think i'm starting to glow myself a little bit.

Turns out you were right. THC is converted from CBD. Its converted further, although not catalyzed by UV light, into CBN, which is the amber that happens towards the end of a trichomes life.

Thanks Liermam :hubba:

So much to read and so much to sift thru to find the truth. I dont really know what to believe, but I'll keep the UVB on thru Regen 6 ;)

laundrybag said:
hello puffin and everyone else -my first post here
(it's gonna be long but please bear with me)

i haven't got any grows in yet
i just been lurking a few forums reading FAQ's , journals , and various threads
actually i just signed up her tonight cuz i found a link to this journal you posted in another forum

i just read all 24 pages here and couldn't help but wonder
if you have ever considered "Air Layering" - (atleast thats what they called it in a FAQ i read)
in another FAQ i read that your yield is in proportion to the size of the roots
this method it seems would double the size of roots
and maybe greatly improve your yeilds????????

also i'm not sure how the law would see it but
maybe this would help some growers that are limited to the # of plants they can grow legally - since it would be "1" plant

anyway i saved a pic and the text from it in a folder
here is some text from it and pic will be below
-as not to confuse-
this FAQ was for making clones while still attached to the mother
but it could be used to "strech" a plant out
such as a "grape vine" that someone mentioned in an earlier post

i read in one of your posts you wanted to try DWC
how about some home-made aeroponics
this is the second pic below
seems very simple and will be what i try once i can afford the parts
(should be getting a 600 watt HPS soon) :yay:
looks like you would set up the bucket
cut a hole in the lid to drop in a mesh pot
and put a "rockwooled" clone into the meshpot

hehe - might be an awsome set up
cuz once a person trained a brance over with some "air-layer'd" roots on it they could make another bucket for that set of roots

EDIT:
oops i forgot to ask about the tin foil you have on your light
????????????

Thanks Laundrybag :D

the idea of DWC appeals to me because the nutes are supplied constantly. As it is now I only run the pump for 20 min every other hour of light cycle. :farm:

I dont pay any attention to the roots at all, never even look at em. I dont do cloning either, only because I want to grow just 1 plant at a time Air layering is a cloning technique I have read about :hubba:

the foil is there, on the reflector just to make it easier for me to see and take pics. it shades my eyes :cool:

Howdy SnowWhite Fans :ciao:

:watchplant: SnowWhite is alive and doing fine as frogs hair. The Infamous Nute Disaster of April Fools Day really took it's toll, almost killing poor little SnowWhite. She took an extra long time to regenerate, only just now coming back to full speed. That alone has delayed the reflower by almost 3 weeks, so far. SnowWhite lost several nice limbs that didnt regenerate because I cut em back too far and I am trying to bend Her over into a new canopy to replace the lost limbs.

I dont anticipate any problems and the next harvest should be even better than this past one of 20+ ounces, considering I will avoid another nute disaster, and allow the fans to last the entire grow:hubba:

The smoke is much stronger from regen 5 as regen 4, probably due mainly to the 17 week flower cycle, curing to a nice golden green color and 75 percent amber trichs :bong1:

:farm: SnowWhite is going to be a fun grow yet again.

wow 75% ... how couch lock is she? Sounds amazing though! And I'm glad she is getting there, I think you do tremendously well with the regeneration!

I've been looking at UVB lights and found some 13 and 26 watt screw in bulbs. Just wondering if you think they would be any good. I was thinking of replacing one of my CFLs with one. Do you think it would be worth it?

Puffin Afatty said:
Howdy SnowWhite Fans!!!

:watchplant:

I got my camera back again. Took a couple pics of the cleanup, look at the last pic above for the before and after affects:eek:

On to Regeneration 6:D
thats awsome you must have pulled like 6 pounds or more from that crazy monster:D:holysheep:

Thorn said:
wow 75% ... how couch lock is she? Sounds amazing though! And I'm glad she is getting there, I think you do tremendously well with the regeneration!

I've been looking at UVB lights and found some 13 and 26 watt screw in bulbs. Just wondering if you think they would be any good. I was thinking of replacing one of my CFLs with one. Do you think it would be worth it?

I dont think my SnowWhite is too much couchlock, but I am very tolerant I guess :stoned: I like the up sativa buzz and She doesnt disappoint. I do think She is much stronger than last gen :hubba:

I havent tried the uvb enuf to form an opinion, but 26 watts isnt much power
:hubba:

Pothead420 said:
thats awsome you must have pulled like 6 pounds or more from that crazy monster:D:holysheep:
well, I dunno about that, I didnt get much in gens 1-4 really. read back where I laid it all out but maybe 3 lbs so far:hubba:

Thorn said:

I did get a sunburn when I left the light pointing at my foot for 20 min, so I guess it works. I dont think it is a substitute for visible spectrum, just to augment the uv.

:farm: Howdy Snow White Fans :farm:

:watchplant: I have been kickin back, enjoying my stash, waiting for my SnowWhite to reveg after generation 5, 8 weeks today, 4 weeks longer than I wanted to go. :watchplant:

I reset the timers, for the light and pump and tonight SnowWhite will take Her 1st nap for the past 8 weeks, I hope She sleeps well;)

I have hopes that the accidental clone I created last week will root on its own and make for some company for SnowWhite. I was making a final trim and cut the wrong branch, so I stuck it into the hygroton to see if it roots. If it does it will nicely fill the back right corner of the grow area. If not, I'll just bend SnowWhite over to cover that area. No Worries, eh :hubba:

I havent taken any new pics for a while, but when I finally do, you'll be surprised how much growth came back yet again. I fully expect to get as much delicious stash smoke this grow as last :D

I'll be making a few small changes this grow. feed is every hour for 15 minutes. res will be completely changed when level gets to half full. I will be tweaking the nitrogen in later flower cycle to try and keep all the fans intact until harvest. I know the trim will be a hassle :rolleyes: but I hope the extra healthy leaves lead to plumper juicier buds.:)

I'm still using the GH nutes at an ec of 1.5-1.6 and a ph of 5.5-5.8. I've added the co2 generator buckets again at 1500ppm constant. Humidity is kept below 40 percent and temps between 85 and 75.

This should be another nice grow, hopefully no surprizes or disasters befall my SnowWhite this time :aok:

:farm: I called Her AC for accidental clone. :watchplant: I think She is gonna make it, looks to me like She has sprouted new leaves :hubba: It would be cool to have another plant in the back right corner of the grow.

If She doesnt make it, I'll just bend SnowWhite over a bit more to cover that corner
;)

thats very cool puffin and will be cooler if she makes it! Give snow white a little company :D

are your timers set to 12/12 for flowering now or are you increasing the dark peroid slowly? I look forward to seeing her developing once again :)

Thorn said:
thats very cool puffin and will be cooler if she makes it! Give snow white a little company :D

are your timers set to 12/12 for flowering now or are you increasing the dark peroid slowly? I look forward to seeing her developing once again :)

Thanks Thorn :aok:

SnowWhite is looking great, I just love :watchplant: all the new growth is exciting :farm: I ought to take a couple pics to show you what I mean eh :hubba: OK, I'll go take a couple now, since I mentioned it ;)

:watchplant: In the 1st pic you can see the whole view, the 2nd I tried to show AC and the 3rd I tried to capture the underside view. I am not too good at this photography :cool:

If you look close at the 1st pic you can see how I have tied SW down again so far. I'll continue to even out the canopy toward AC if, She doesnt shape up soon ;)

SnowWhite Gen 6 day 4 of flower.JPG

SnowWhite Gen 6 Accidental Clone.JPG

SnowWhite Gen 6 underneath.JPG

man i just skimmed your thread and i think i found my late nite reading material for 2nite. shes a monster cant wait to see some buds on the reveg. so does it take up twice as much root space since your revegging?

toke@smoke420 said:
man i just skimmed your thread and i think i found my late nite reading material for 2nite. shes a monster cant wait to see some buds on the reveg. so does it take up twice as much root space since your revegging?

:farm: I never looked at the roots and She is on the 6th regeneration. I notice the roots grow out the drain holes and I usually trim them off. I learned long time ago there is no root crowding issue in hydro :hubba:

Latest posts

Back