SOIL help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kind bud man

Reaction score
i have 3 plants about 8-10 weeks into veg some of the leaves are turning a little yellow on the ends so i got a soil test kit and here are the results
ph level 6.1
nitogen said medium
phosphorous is very low
potash is low

any one have any ideas what i might need? i think my plants look small im not sure of the strain just some seeds i got from a bag. these plants are 2 months old are they small?

pot 001.jpg

pot 002.jpg

pot 003.jpg

pot 004.jpg

hey bro . what kind of lights are u using? from what i see from the pics its just the bottom leaves. couldn't really tell but alot of the time i have that problem with the bottom leaves but is all good what kind of soil u using and what nutes if u are using them. have u flushed them at all? as for the grow could be because of the lights but they don't look that bad they look about right for soil grow good luck man peace

Holy Lordy! They are like 5 weeks behind. Something you aren't doing isn't right in a large way. Tell us more about your grow so we can guide you in the right direction... Or try to that is. :rolleyes:

well for soil i have them in mg soil i am giving them no nutes at this time. for light i have them under 4 4ft flor bulbs for growing plants 2200 lumes a peice the heat in the room is always 75 and humidity is 35% i water them when the soil is dry 2 inches down. other than that what am i doing wrong

Sounds like you might be new to this...I don't use MG products but I will try and help.

I know it is too often said, but I think overwatering is #1 problem in most cases. But, I gotta say, in this case it may not be all your fault.

Did you add any perlite? I don't really see any in the pics. I think your soil needs a little more aeration...10-30% perlite works well...depending on average humidity.

Scrap the 'soil dig' soil test...I find the 'weight' method to work much better. I did a small writeup on this method in my journal. How often are you watering now?

Without transplanting, you can try 'bottom feeding'...it will help in a really dense soil. Just fill each drip pan for about an hour...but no longer, every few days....let your 'topsoil' dry out.

Your ph is low...but I think a little dryer soil might help...keep an eye on it.

How is your water source? Well, city, filtered? Know the ph and ppm?

Were do i get perlite? Do you think it will help out alot? i have city water. So do ya think my plants are a little small for their age?humidity is 35% in my grow room were should it be? when i get perlite do i mix it with my soil the plant is growing in or do i put it on top?

you can pick up perlite from any garden centre or homebase, it`s a must for MJ as the roots need o2. perlite,sand(sterilized,deff not from the beach)small gravel stones that you buy for aquariums - any one of these will help aid your soil with drainage. Putting them in streight soil(should be sterilized) is no good as you`ll probably end up with root-rot.
Happy Growing man, you need any help don`t hesitate to ask,that`s why we`re here, cheers.
Shuggy.:fly: :48: :fly:

You should mix the perilite before putting the plant in it. The humidity I keep between 35 and 45 and the temp at 75-80. After that they don't want to grow. I found that keeping them warn at night helps them too.

so in order to fix my problem i need to remove my plant from this soil get new soil mix it with perlite and replant my plant right?

yeah man, just pick up some sterilized soil and perlite, even some worm castings if you can.
then transplant into fresh soil, pre-mixed prior to the transplant.
After that, you should be good to go.
if you need any help "just ask".
Happy Growing man, good luck.:smoke1: :48: :smoke1:

ok tossed out the mg soil mix some good organic soil with 30% perlite and put my plants in the new soil so we will see how things go! the plants out of the old soil didnt have big roots at all they looked real bad. thats for the help guys

the "miracle grow soil" is quite good,as long as it`s not the slow fert release kind,moisture control type is sound. in fact , i think that "TBG" use it with great success i believe.
but if you have bought sterilized soil and perlite,worm castings or bat guano, or fert products like the MG plant feed with trace elements,should do the trick.
what is your ph reading?
yeah sounds like your on the right track man,we`re all here to help dude:aok: ;) :aok:

kind bud man said:
well for soil i have them in mg soil i am giving them no nutes at this time. for light i have them under 4 4ft flor bulbs for growing plants 2200 lumes a peice the heat in the room is always 75 and humidity is 35% i water them when the soil is dry 2 inches down. other than that what am i doing wrong
you should only water every 3-4 days as the roots need oxygen.
water untill a little comes out the bottom of the pot, that way you know the roots are getting water to them.;) .
MJ will survive an under-watering,alot better than an over-watering.
the two main reasons for "failed crops" are over fert and over watering.
Although PH plays a big role. It should be between 6.3-6.9 for soil growing. If your PH is higher or lower than those numbers, certain elements may be locked out. Add 1tbs of lime to every gallon of soil, this will act as a PH buffer. A friend of mine said he has yet to encounter a serious PH problem since using this additive:aok: .

Latest posts

Back