Some clones have rooted - others have not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
So, it seems like I've got 5/13 that have rooted.

2/13 have rotted, so now it's 5/11.

I want to plant them all at the same time, but if I wait until they've all rooted, won't the ones that have rooted be damaged in some way?

From your previous posts it seems your having trouble with cloning.

Please give us a detailed description of your cloning technique.
Please give all environmental conditions as well as any additives.
Tell us how much, how often, you water them as well as misting, dome or no dome?

Pics always help.

I always take more cuts than I actually need because I hardly ever get them all to throw roots. Inevitably some die off. My last attempt a couple weeks ago I took 8 cuts and 3 threw roots, 3 died, and I am still waiting on the last 2. I put the ones with roots into veg as soon as I can. It takes a couple weeks to get them vegging well.

I'm with Hamster. Always start a bunch more than you need. Why do you want to plant them all outdoors at the same time?

I don't think any of you read/understood my question.

To reiterate:

Some of my clones have sprouted roots. If I wait until the rest have roots, will the ones that already have roots die?

I think you should be more proactive

Wow, you were really so sore about that one little remark I made that you had to interject it here even though it makes the uttermost tenuous sense at best.

Sad this is, you're the only one here who's helpful, but you should really seek some anger management aid :)

I don't think any of you read/understood my question.

To reiterate:

Some of my clones have sprouted roots. If I wait until the rest have roots, will the ones that already have roots die?

if I understand correct you want to leave the ones that have roots in the cloner until the others show roots?.. I have never tried this. Don't think they will "Die" but Ive never tried either. I get so excited when I see roots they get into soil ASAP..if your wanting to keep the plants at the same size you can all ways top the early ones in a couple weeks, allow the later rooted clones to catch up. hope this helps

I run my clones in batches. The ones that root get transplanted, the ones that don't get binned.

So NO don't wait for the others IME (unless you see some nubbin's forming and can spare the time and space), get them vegging. Rooted clones don't like starting their vegging life trapped in lil containers. Transplant the living, chuck the non-rooted.

And boom goes the dynamite....:rofl:

In my experience, the first to root will not die quickly if they aren't rooted right away. They will be fine for at least another week, without nutrients. I clone in a hydro cloner/bubble cloner and leave my clones in until they have a nice mass of roots, which can take easily 10days from the beginning of root growth. I have seen clones (in my buddy's EZcloner) get roots them get left in the cloner for 2-3weeks and develop so much root mass that he can barely get them out :eek: Literally 18-24" long.

The key to leaving them in the cloner longer is to add some "Clonex" as that will feed them a little. It can be used in hydro cloners or in the rapid rooter cubes.

I would leave them together ffor a good week. If they don't get roots within a week off each other then transplant the one that do and either wait for the others to root or chuck them if they are not needed.

I propagate in soil. I've found the opposite true for soil cloning.

that could very well be a very proactive thing to do :ignore:

How so? Since you wrote that sore comment already, before seeking the emotional aid you require to not feel the need to write it, it could only ever be retroactive. Or do you not understand what proactive means?

But at least you got to respond with an emoticon. That should make you happy :)

I run my clones in batches. The ones that root get transplanted, the ones that don't get binned.

So NO don't wait for the others IME (unless you see some nubbin's forming and can spare the time and space), get them vegging. Rooted clones don't like starting their vegging life trapped in lil containers. Transplant the living, chuck the non-rooted.

And boom goes the dynamite....:rofl:

Well, I've got 8/10 rooted and another two that are starting to root.

I don't want the first one to root to die while the last two are rooting but I can't plant the last two a week after the rest because then the entire light schedule will be off.

I gave you my answer. Good luck brother.

Keep us posted.

It shouldn't be, there in vegg.

Yes, but then the ones I planted a week earlier will get to flowering one week earlier, which screws up my schedule.

You people need to think a step ahead.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

You people need to think a step ahead.

It's not hard to figure out why all your pebbles are red with the attitude you have been displaying. We can't think ahead... yet you came to us asking questions. Sounds about right.

Track: You could plant and/or root plants a year apart and still flower them at the same time without the flowering schedule getting off. It is you who is not understanding what you are doing. Vegging doesn't need to be on a schedule unless you are running multiple plantings back to back and are trying to keep them lined up to maximize your yield per year.

If you root clones and they are even 2 weeks apart, if you allow them to grow until they are as big as you need them before placing in flower, then their rooting time differences will be noticed only in some size difference of the plants. This size difference will not be an issue if the plants are vegged for 5-6 weeks.

The reason that the veg schedule for these clones is not important is because a clone is the same age as the parent plant. The clones, if taken from a mature parent plant, are already mature enough to be placed in flower as soon as they are rooted. Then it is just a matter of allowing them to veg until they are the size that you want. You will have some size difference between the 2 rooted sets off plants but you can work around that easy enough. I hope this helps you understand.

Latest posts

Back