Stems Bent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanibalLector420

Reaction score
I have 5 plants growing right now which have all sprouted. 4 of them are about 2 inches tall with the first 4 leaves. one is about a week older just starting its next set of leaves. The problem is.. 4 of these 5 plants bend at liek a 90 degree angle halfway up the stem. it seems liek the leaves are too heavy for the stem or something. what should i do?

prop them up and get a fan, or if your outdoors, just tie them up they will strengthen up.

yeah man like 85 said prop them up or just let them grow sideways lol LST

Hey, Not sure. Depends on your environment. This thread is in the OD section. I would make sure that its getting a good amount of sunlight. If it's constantly in the shade with no direct sunlight then it might be "fighting" to find it.

But never really heard much of this type of problem OD only Indoor grows. Maybe the ground is way to wet.

Indoor I would immediatly say that it is 1 of 3 problems.
1. no vent. (needs a breeze like someone earlier said put a fan on it).
2. Not enough light and the plant is "stretching" to look for it.
3. Over watering.

Good luck and let us know more about your grow. :)

MUTT!!!!! whats been going on man!!!!! glad to see to post again man!!! hope to see more of you around man!!!

Heh, i'd either take a small stick or something and like he said, prop them up on it by sticking it into the ground next to the plant and leaning it over so the plant is propped up on it or just let it grow sideways.

It could even be cause photosenthesis and it's growing toward the most direct light.

If they grow sideways it amkes the plant less visible and if you're the type to train your plants or tie them down it saves you work! lol, anyways they'll be fine, you can also put a little more soil up around the stem so it's not so stretchy.

Latest posts

Back