Stop smoking Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rule #17.You will not discuss politics, religion, saints or sports.

If you really want to talk about God go ahead but be prepared for me to voice my opinions loud and clear on the subject. They aren't gods plants, and god didn't grow them, I did. They are mine and if he wants some he can grow his own.

3 MJ IS addictive.
Can you show me your sources?

Addiction cannot be defined except in terms of an individuals’ incapacity to function without the drug and unwillingness to quit – that is, addiction must always be defined experientially or phenomenologically (Peele, 1985/1998).

hxxp://www.peele.net/lib/addictive.html

This is a link to the article where I took the quote from, its titled "Marijuana Is Addictive – So What?" His first book on addiction was published in 1975 and he is one of the foremost authors on addiction. If you read the article what he basically comes to say is that its not that marijuana is so much physically addicting as it is more that people who use it and other drugs as a crutch tend to experience addiction much more frequently than those that develop healthy methods of coping with life's stresses. Its much the same way that a person can become addicted to sex, there is no true physical withdraw that results from a lack of sex but more of withdrawal symptoms being manifested by the brain because that person never developed the skills necissary to deal with what happens in their lives and instead they use the drug experience as a crutch. Now the difference between marijuana and say morphine addiction is that the body itself (and not just the mind) will become reliant on the drug resulting in sever withdrawal symptoms that are manifested in very real very measurable ways, rather than say a person just being moody. My 12 year old brother throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his favorite video game does that mean he suffers from a drug addiction or that he's just being pissy?

So what I'm trying to say is that anything can be labeled addictive if you put the right spin on it. There are support groups with internet forum addictions. Speaking of that is there any one here that needs some counseling.

Hey I started in on her but I thought I did it nicely. I even said lets have a debate. I think she is more than welcome here. And I am sure she believes what she posted...no problems with that at all, but there are 2 sides to every story and I am sick of MJ get the bad side all the time. Another poster said it, post some proof about the dangers. We all know it's addictive but so are video games TV and all the other things I listed, but it would be nice to debate with her. Lots of people buy the MJ is bad hype, we just have to educate them nicely about the truth and let them make "educated" decisions.

I am also an alcoholic, just like a previous poster said and I will say alcohol is way more addictive and damaging to ones health. I think we should be nice, and remember whenever we try and squash this type of posting we are as bad as the antis, and the close minded people that rule our lives. We should let her talk and try to be civil about it. She could learn from us and we could learn from her, and I think we should show what kind of people us MJ people are...nice, honest, understanding, friendly, etc. and also how beautiful it is to garden. I think she would also learn it is medicine and many other things...I feel it is important to discuss the plant in detail so more people realize what it is and what it isn't. Hell plants could change the world, and MJ is one of those wonder plants.

But if she is really worried about helping people help themselves, there are bigger dangers IMO. I say let her talk and be civil in the discussion that follows, I am sure she means well and so do we, right?

People do this to get a rise out of the cannabis community.

I mean sorry but i don't see a HEROIN USE FORUM , or Crack COCAINE FORUM.

Seems to me like us poor Marijuana Addicts are a lot more well rounded. Hang around this community for a while and you will see for yourself, KID.

LISA is another brainwashed fool who can't think for HIS/HER self. Please, just leave us poor addicts alone with our plants.

lisa u need weed as soon as u can smoke be4 your bad thought will control your self.
go just get your stuff roll it and smoke it, u'll get better thought then.. hehe
btw nice reaction guys..:)
WE NEED WEED.!!!

lisa said:
Marijuana addiction is simply an unmanageable desire to own and use the drug. With marijuana addiction the person is not able to stop using the drug even if he/she wishes. Marijuana has been around for centuries and the plant has been used to make rope, thread, clothes and even smoked for its euphoric effects and medicinal purposes. THC is primarily the psychoactive component of marijuana and the potency depends on the method of preparation. The drug often causes euphoria, a sense of relaxation, sexual arousal and easier socialization with other colleagues and the easy availability, cheap price and minimum legal penalties is greatly responsible for the increased usage of this drug in the past 2 decades all around the world.

I agree with 95% of your posting. Everything except the title and that Marijuana is addicting. In my 37 years of life so far I have yet to meet one marijuana addict. I have met many people that given the choice of being stoned or not prefer to be stoned. But they don't go into convulsions or lose their minds when they can't get high.

Using the scientific method of observation on my experiences in life I can tell you that Marijuana smokers tend to be happier people than people who drink alcohol everyday or people who do neither. Marijuana smokers tend to have far less anger issues than non-smokers and look like timid choir boys when compared to alcoholics. I have never once seen or read about someone getting high on pot then beating their spouse and children. It happens so much with alcohol isn't even news worthy.

With so many scientific research studies showing that the active and non-active components of the marijuana plant contributing to increasing the quantity and quality of the users life I find it very hard to understand why it is illegal and suppressed in so many places around the world. The only reason for its current status is due to greed by the makers of things that it competes with.

So to conclude don't come in here and tell me to stop smoking marijuana and then quote some garbage left over from the reefer madness days. You could have said stop smoking marijuana and use a vaporizor or eat some pot brownies instead they are better for you and I would be in total agreement with you. Have a nice day! :headbang2: :bong1: :ccc: :giggle:

alright, I do forgive LISA, she was brainwashed, I understand theres alot of people out there that think the wrongful of the 7th world of wonder, the world of cannabis,

I forgive you, lisa, just say "okay marijuana isn't addictive to anyone"
we can accept that please say it lisa

Tater said:
Smokingmom funny you should mention your surgery I too had a reduction surgery but mine was south of the border if you know what I mean. Some guys wish they were hung like a horse, horses wish they were hung like me :D

Well when I was 3 I got bit by a mule.

since, ..... Ive been hung like one! :p

snuggles said:
there are 2 sides to every story and I am sick of MJ get the bad side all the time. Another poster said it, post some proof about the dangers. We all know it's addictive but so are video games TV and all the other things I listed, but it would be nice to debate with her. Lots of people buy the MJ is bad hype, we just have to educate them nicely about the truth and let them make "educated" decisions.She could learn from us and we could learn from her, and I think we should show what kind of people us MJ people are...nice, honest, understanding, friendly, etc. and also how beautiful it is to garden.

Pooh! I could smell the smoke. My intention was not to offend anyone. Anyway you are interested to educate me. So, I'm ready. Help me to know the truth.

jao33333 said:
Many reactions you shall receive

As five fingers are not alike, so no two members of a family can have same behavioral pattern. So send your reactions and I'm going to accept it gladly. Actually such reactions helps me to learn more. Thanks once again.

Tater said:
Can you show me your sources?

hxxp://www.peele.net/lib/addictive.html

This is a link to the article where I took the quote from, its titled "Marijuana Is Addictive – So What?" His first book on addiction was published in 1975 and he is one of the foremost authors on addiction. If you read the article what he basically comes to say is that its not that marijuana is so much physically addicting as it is more that people who use it and other drugs as a crutch tend to experience addiction much more frequently than those that develop healthy methods of coping with life's stresses. Its much the same way that a person can become addicted to sex, there is no true physical withdraw that results from a lack of sex but more of withdrawal symptoms being manifested by the brain because that person never developed the skills necissary to deal with what happens in their lives and instead they use the drug experience as a crutch. Now the difference between marijuana and say morphine addiction is that the body itself (and not just the mind) will become reliant on the drug resulting in sever withdrawal symptoms that are manifested in very real very measurable ways, rather than say a person just being moody. My 12 year old brother throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his favorite video game does that mean he suffers from a drug addiction or that he's just being pissy?

So what I'm trying to say is that anything can be labeled addictive if you put the right spin on it. There are support groups with internet forum addictions. Speaking of that is there any one here that needs some counseling.

So MJ is addictive, but only for some people. My sources come from human experience, i know i cant stop smoking herb.

lisa said:
Marijuana addiction is simply an unmanageable desire to own and use the drug. With marijuana addiction the person is not able to stop using the drug even if he/she wishes. Marijuana has been around for centuries and the plant has been used to make rope, thread, clothes and even smoked for its euphoric effects and medicinal purposes. THC is primarily the psychoactive component of marijuana and the potency depends on the method of preparation. The drug often causes euphoria, a sense of relaxation, sexual arousal and easier socialization with other colleagues and the easy availability, cheap price and minimum legal penalties is greatly responsible for the increased usage of this drug in the past 2 decades all around the world.

That does it, Ima gonna quit smokin da dope. Iva tried anda tried anda could never break away from that there dope. Thank ya foryour edumacation you given me Lisa.

The Effen Gee said:
Please follow up with a non-biased medical study that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Marijuana is a PHYSICAL addictive substance.

Marijuana is not physically addictive, but it can cause emotional dependence. There are those who enjoy the feeling so much, and get so used to getting high, that being without it can cause irritibility, restlessness, etc. I have gone through the same when I have reached the end of my stash, but once I realize that there is no more, I can get over this in about 2-3 days. Exercise helps provide substitute in endorphins so that those 2-3 days are less bad.

But it is not physically addictive. Anyone who wants to stop can without physical withdrawals.

Howardstern I agree with the above for sure, but I get the same temperament when my wife goes to night shift and I don't get to see her for 5 days. Also you may want to change your sig it's in violation of rule 17, just a heads up but not everyone here believes in the same god you do, some people don't believe in any god. Its just one of those subjects that not everyone can agree on yet everyone seems to hold steadfast opinions on.

Edited to fix typo's.

Latest posts

Back