Strain thing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yumyumbubblegum

The Beez Kneez
Reaction score
What does this look like to you guys? this is only happening on the Red Diesels :confused: are they sensitive to something? all the other plants are thriving...

Everything in their room is pretty much optimal, the PH is 6.5, any thoughts?

DSC_0068.JPG

Don't know man never seen spots quite like that....maybe thats why its called red diesel:rolleyes: . Hopefully they'll be fine, good luck.

if it is happening to all the diesles then i say its strain related my friend and we need someone that has grown them..Good luck 2U They look great and should grow outta it..If I was to say I would say a Mag difC..and would try misting with epson salt..:bolt::bong:

Yes, it is only happening to the Diesels, this is the worst plant of the 2 - I feed Molasses so IDK :confused: I have looked in my bible and nothing there. Guess until someone comes along that has grown these I am sol...

I think it looks like nute burn also. It looks as if the necrosis is starting at the tips and the edges of the leaves, like nute burn, however, the brown spots are not necessarily associated with nute burn. BTW, that bud looks incredible!

Those red dots looks alot like a Calcium def., in fact, I'm fairly sure that's what it is. Are you using distilled or RO water and/or did you not add lime to your potting mix? I had a calcium def. a couple of months ago, and it looked alot like yours (before getting way worse, so worse there was no question what it was, and when I gave it Ca, it got better, so I know that was it).

Let me quote Calcium def. symptoms from "Marijuana Garden Saver (an Ed Rosenthal publication)" : Calcium def. stunts plant growth and makes the leaves dark green. Large necrotic blotches of tan (red), dried tissue appear on new growth but also on other plant parts along leaf edges. Young shoots crinkle and get a yellow or purple color. In severe cases they twist before they die. Necrosis appears along the lateral leaf margins. Problems migrate to older growth, which browns and dies.

Alright, so I'm 97 percent sure thats what your problem is. I would watch your plant to see if its stable or getting worse, and if its getting worse, get some lime into that soil asap. Beleive me, you do not want to see a Ca def. gone bad, basically stops the uptake of P and K, mostly K, and things just get nasty from there.

blancolighter said:
Those red dots looks alot like a Calcium def., in fact, I'm fairly sure that's what it is.

Thanx blanco, I did add Lime to my soil a while back and my runoff is a constant 6.6. How do I add calcium to my mix? they seem to be getting worse so, I need to take care of it. I will go to the store today and get what I need.

I use tap water that I let sit uncovered with a bubbler going in it, every time I feed/water I fill up the container and let it sit for 3/4 days.

The Red Diesels are the only ones that are doing this and the bud growth does seem to be slower then the others :hubba:

THG said:
I think it looks like nute burn also. It looks as if the necrosis is starting at the tips and the edges of the leaves, like nute burn, however, the brown spots are not necessarily associated with nute burn. BTW, that bud looks incredible!

:) Thanx THG you should smell these girls

I would look for a Cal/Mag solution to feed your diesels from a local hydro or gardening store, probably best way to get it into your plants this far along into flowering...

Latest posts

Back