Strengthin your stems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a weak stem and I read some where? can't remember where, but I tried it and it worked very well,
it was suggested by this grower that the pinching of the stem is like the building of a muscle while lifting weights.
it was stressed how important it is to not break the outer layer of your stem while pintching, if you have sensitive finger tips you can feel the break while you pintch.

I did this to a Mazar I was growing from seed it was about 3 weeks into growing and it would not stand on it own so I did the pintch.
the next day it looked bad, I thought for sure it was dead, but I noticed towards the end of the day something was happening, something positive so I let it be.
2 weeks have passed and its standing tall on its own, but it looks like a minature plant I count about 13-16 tiny leaves all over the top but it has not gotten any taller. its strange looking.
I'm not sure if I'll do that again, I cant help but think proper lighting at the begining of the sprout may help also.
I don't know if this is helpful but I thought I'd share.:D

Cali*Style said:
I do agree with this.

On a new note...

I think respectable debates can be very positive.;) We all use different techniques in are grows. That expands the information available to new growers, which is a good thing. We all should try and keep an open mind. Just because a technique didnt work for one person, doesnt mean its a bad idea to keep in mind... And in most cases, maybe even an idea to perfect upon.

IMHO:D

I must agree CS, I am a new grower and reading this debate is quite interesting. Youre perspective on what works for some may not work for others is true, I believe.
I mean from what Ive gathered about growing, there are so many variables that just looking at whos is successful (or not)with super cropping may not solve the question of whether it is effective. Perhaps one who says it isnt working isnt using proper techiniques or doesn thave the proper environment to perpetuate "effective" supercropping. SO many variables to consider but one learns best from ones own experiences b/c of the unique circumstances one controls.
Hey I stilll appreciate the debate and I still will take advice form the more experienced growers but like I said, the best way for me to learn is learn from my own mistakes.
Thank you ALL. Grow on!

trillions of atoms said:
you dont bend, you pinch.
Don't worry, it was done the right way. I pinched exactly as directed and the stem started leaning over right where it was supercropped (hence "bend").

Latest posts

Back