summer solstice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SENS1MILLA

midsummer classic
Reaction score
does the flowering stage of marijuana occur directly after summer solstice because of the daylight hour change???

In most cases a mature plant will enter flowering after summer solstice. And yes, merely becasue the nights get longer =) lol. I hope this helped, take care and good luck bro!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

it isnt immediately tho, they have to begin to produce the flowereing hormone. and they have to produce enough to begin, they will begin to think "winter is coming, lets prepare ourselves". and then as the dark hours reach 10hrs they will begin to show, then quicker as the days get shorter, until.... well harvest of course. so dont go immediately after solstice and expect to see flowers.

peace 85C

here is a chart of the daylight hours in san diego california:
http://ptaff.ca/soleil/?l1pays=USA&l1etat=California&l1ville=San+Francisco&l2pays=&l2etat=&l2ville=&year=2007&month=06&day=22&l1cityname=San+Francisco%2C+California%2C+USA&l1ltd=37&l1ltm=46&l1lts=39&l1ltx=N&l1lgd=122&l1lgm=24&l1lgs=39&l1lgx=W&l1tz=-8.0&l1dst=US&l2cityname=&l2ltd=&l2ltm=&l2lts=&l2ltx=N&l2lgd=&l2lgm=&l2lgs=&l2lgx=E&l2tz=0&l2dst=&lang=en_CA&go=Show+the+graph%21

and heres the link to where you can find your own location:

http://ptaff.ca/soleil/?lang=en_CA

this should help you out some, hopefully since i just spent 30 mins trying to figure out what to search under, to remember there is a sticky on it on the forum!!:hitchair:

:stoned:

thanks a lot everyone, yeah i was hoping it wouldnt be immediately after the solstice cause my plants are still small

ok so should i continue to feed them my vegging nutes until about mid july then introduce some flowering nutes then?

that sounds about right, im gonna try mixing grow/bloom nutes gradually bringing it from stronger grow to eventually stronger and then pure bloom. hope it works, it does sound complicated, but i think i will manage.

85cannabliss said:
that sounds about right, im gonna try mixing grow/bloom nutes gradually bringing it from stronger grow to eventually stronger and then pure bloom. hope it works, it does sound complicated, but i think i will manage.

nice, that sounds like a good way to help the transition from vegging to flowering stage. just hope the plants dont get nute burn. but you can always just dilute it.:fly:

yeah, i dont plan on EVER giving them full strength nutes. the rain has certain nutes in it naturally, so i should be ok on that count.

Dewayne said:
In most cases a mature plant will enter flowering after summer solstice. And yes, merely becasue the nights get longer =) lol. I hope this helped, take care and good luck bro!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

When about does this happen after august? Also how long does it normally take for a plant to mature?

a plant is mature when it has begun to grow side shoots IMO. and and i think, flowering begins and august/early september, givving them 2 months to flower until harvest---ish. im a first timer but from the info ive gathered, this sounds about right. correct me if im wrong tho ant pros reading this.

peace 85C

I think you will find flowering is a direct result of where your plant is... if you plant in total direct full sunlight all day.. it will flower late... if you plant in half shade.. you may see flowering as early as mid july... you can use the number of hours of daylight on that chart to figure out approx you will see changes...

Latest posts

Back