Sunakard indoor grow #4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunakard2000

Reaction score
well after a year or so of playing around and learning i finaly revamped my grow space, i dont have any pictures yet as this older comp doesnt have an SD Card reader so ill have to borrow one.
anywho currently iv got my grow #3 Sour Diesal finishing its last few weeks in flower, should be choppin time around the 20th-28th depending on how the trichs look and the fullness of the buds,
i also have some plants in veg right now waiting for after my #4 grow of Budda Purple Kush Autos. i currently have a Blueberry plant at around 2-3 weeks old, and a Sleetstack X Skunk thats about 5 days old since it shed its shell, and 2 days ago i popped a Northern Lights X Northern Lights fem seed and a White Widow X Amnesia Haze fem seed. they havnt popped up yet but the seeds looked great and i have high expectations of my techniques.

once i get some pics onto this comp ill post some updates, might be a while as im working on getting 6gal buckets ready for the Auto run and also finishing up some minor construction in my grow space.

well an update, so the blueberry had some problems with the soil, it was older and infested with soil mites n stuff, so i trashed it before it infected anything else, everything else had a boiled water soak prior to sowing the seeds or x-plant, also the 2nd Sleetstack X Skunk didnt pop, nor did the White Widow X Amnesia Haze. and the NLxNL popped just fine a few days ago. today i soaked my rapid rooters and got them prepped for seeds, sowed my 5 Budda Purple Kush Autos and the 1 Purple Auto into the rapid rooters and popped the RRs into their final 6gal home, covered with a bit of soil and popped them right into the veg closet, all seeds looked great, no cracked shells or green beans so fingers crossed and prayin for the best. gonna snap some pics tomorrow and get them uploaded to my comp and post some pics... the Auto Adventure officialy begins.

Looking forward to the pics. Im gonna be getting some NL soon (hopefully).
What soil you using. Lights, nutes?

soil is a mix of Roots Organic and Fox Farms Happy Frog with a bag of peralite added as well. boiled water and ran about 2-3 gals through each 6gal bucket to kill off any insects/eggs in the soil just to be safe. uhmm lights i got a T5 HO 4ft 4bulb in my veg area and a 600watt HPS in my flower area. and i use General Hydroponics "General Organics" line of nutes, along with some left over Big Bloom from Fox Farm i use as an additive to my stump tea, i use the HTG Stumpys Root Tea powder mix, along with some added molasses and the Big Bloom.

also finally got the pics off my phone and i have ALOT of editing to do so ill hopefuly have a few pics posted tonight if not tomorrow morning

ok guys almost got the pics ready, about half of them are organized and iv started cropping the ones i wanna post, should be up today,

an update on the Autos, while i was moistening the soil above/around the Rapid Rooters i noticed 1 is almost breaking the soil, so curiousity got the better of me, as it usualy does lol, so i very very carefully dug through the top inch of soil and found the rapid rooters... EVERY SINGLE ONE POPPED!!! WOOOT!!! lol sorry happy!!! all 5 Budda purple kush autos and the 1 Purple auto all cracked shells and their tap roots are doin their thing, im guessing another 2-3 days untill all 6 break soil. so things are rockin and a rollin here.

gonna post a few pics of the new modifications i made in my grow room, along with a few pics of the Sour Diesal thats a week and a half from choppity chop. oooh i so cant wait lol

this is gonna be nice....just in time for me to sit back, kick up a chair, smoke some of my recent harvest...and watch SK2K grow some mean green :cool:

lol sorry all i got the chance to veg out and play some serious Diablo 3, so iv kinda forgot about the pics lol... ill get right on that after work today i promise lol... btw 2 of the 5 budda purple kush broke soil this morning, still waiting on the others but a day or 2 and all will be above soil

ok so got a few fixed up here, first pic is my sour diesal plant on 10-1, its at least doubled the bud size since then, maybe tripled lol they are huge compaired to that pic,
the 2nd and 3rd pics are mainly to show the panels i made to keep more light in my flower space, before i didnt have anything to contain the light so it was being wasted as it spilled out into the rest of the room, anywho i made a 4x4.5 flower space by using 3 panels, the longest one is 5x5 so i have some overlap, this is the panel i move to get into the space, the other 2 panels are 4ft wide by 5ft tall, well one is 5ft tall the other is 4.5 tall so there is room for the exhaust duct to run over the panel to my exhaust fan. working great now and im already seeing a difference with the smaller branches near the outer edges of the plant, by the way yes that is a super ghetto "scrogg" if you can call it that lol, i made a 3x3 screen using slim bamboo lashed into a square, legs lashed on and the screen with about 3 inches between screen strings, its a POS and had to hang rocks off the corners to keep it held down, yeah yeah thats retarted but hey it worked, sorta. i got the idea now of how to work a scrog the proper way from playin with this ghetto version lol... so anywho thats that, the sour diesal and the modifications to my flower space, i also framed out my veg closet more and gained about a foot in depth (front of frameing to back of closet, and over all just squared up the space as well as adding an exhaust fan and passive intake. the temps in my veg closet are now staying under 85 tops which is great YAY! so thats it for improvements, ill be back from work, on break now, in like 2 hours or so and ill get some pics up of the auto buckets i made and them in the closet, also gonna snap some new pics as a 3rd Budda Purple Kush popped her little head outta the soil.. hopefuly by tonight all 6 will be up.

1001131756.jpg

1010131608a.jpg

1010131609.jpg

ok guys and gals here it finally is... the part where i show whats going on with these Autos... so frist picture we got my 6gal buckets that i modified slightly with drainage holes and some slits cut out of the outer ring on the bottom of the bucket to allow water to flow out from under the bucket. second pic same thing, all 6 buckets upside down showing holes, notice how 5 are blue and one is black, a wonderful unplanned mistake thats amazing lol... so i have 5 Budda Purple Kush Auto Fem seeds i got from Budda Seeds via Sea of Seeds, and i got a Purple Auto Fem, as a freebie, so you can see where this is going hahaha, yup Budda Purple Kush is in the 5 Blue buckets and the Purple freebie is in the Black bucket. havnt gotten to the new pics yet but 3 of the 5 buddas popped through the soil and im anticipating very soon, tomorrow the latest the other 2 and the purple autohould be breaking soil. well thats it for now not much else to add.
ooh and the 3rd pic lol almost forgot, thats my veg closet that i framed out more, got all 6 AUTO buckets in there plus my Sleetstack x Skunk reg plant and a Northern Light x Northern Light fem as well, i added some text to the pic but the 2 on the far left were my Blueberry and a clone i took from it, had some thripe issues so i tried pulling it and washing off the roots then into fresh now steralized soil but nope still had some little guys on there even after a bath, well it was an idea to fix a problem but i went with the smarter fix, since it was a free seed from a friend and it was only like 3 weeks old, i trashed it and cleaned up the veg closet again, since then (10-12) iv seen 0 activity from thripes in my veg closet so all good for now.
ill try and update again tonight if not tomorrow with some soil breaking pics.

1010131323.jpg

1010131323a.jpg

1012131358 refined.JPG

"ok so got a few fixed up here, first pic is my sour diesal plant on 10-1, its at least doubled the bud size since then, maybe tripled lol they are huge compaired to that pic"

Fill me in here....10/1 of light...then another 10/1 to fill the 24? But thats only 22? I have never heard of or thought of this....please...im all ears!

BTW way, with the 5' ceiling you are not afraid with a 6g pot of it getting too big? I know autos are smaller...but I had a pheno in a 3g pot and it was almost touching the top of my 5' tent at the end.

uhmm 10-1 as in the date that pic was taken, first of october, and being the 16th today its about triple the size it was on the first. i also started the chop on the sour diesal today, i got about 2/3 done before my back started telling me to stop for the night lol im guessing about 2-3oz easy, what iv got hanging so far is compairable to at least 2 plants worth from my last grow, they each yielded about 1.5-2.25 oz per plant, lol and im not even finished clipping, still got a handful of super fat kolas and a good gnarled mess of side branches that shot up like mad under that scrog screen, so theres quite a bit left to go.

its not a 5 ft ceiling, i simply made the panels 5 ft tall, the rooms a typical 8ft ceiling and currently with a 12inch tall 7gal smart pot and my plant growing under a scrog screen my light hood is only 3foot 3inches high from the floor so iv got a few feet i can raise my light still before its pokein over the walls and if worse comes to worse, even though stress is bad for Autos i cant imagine that a slight tug down and off to the side slightly would harm the yield, also the 3rd pic from the first set of pics i posted, looking down on the light hood inside the 4.5 x 4 flower area, my camera was up touching the ceiling looking down into the flower area.

also its photo not pheno plants, photo-period refers to plants that need a specific light schedule inorder for flowering hormones to outweigh the veg hormones, Autos are maturity based not photo period. phenotypes are different genetic representations from the same parents, for example lets say you have a brother, your eyes are brown and his are blue, you both have the same parents but you both look different then eachother. same deal with plants, like Melvins Buckeye plant, ones green, ones purple, same parents, different looks. sorry i just noticed in a few places around the forums here that you have pheno where it sould be photo and vice versa.

lol its all good, thats what I am here for...an education. I am glad you caught me, now I know.

Ok, I feel like an idiot...10-1 lol....it just wasnt clear to me when I read it....sorry I was baked lol.

well this morning i opened up my veg closet as i usualy do to check on the girls and see whats happenin, well today i found a couple of thripes still alive and doin their thing harming my plants and even going after the 6 freshly soil broken sprouts, those lil buggers >_< so anywho i had my buddy pick me up a 4 pound brick of dry ice, got 2 buckets filled with about 2 gallons of hot water and dropped 2 pounds of dry ice per bucket, then quickly sealed up the framed out tent flaps to my closet veg area, so far so good, its spilling out fog through my top exhaust fan so its a cookin so to speak, i just opened the top of the doors to peek inside after 10min of the dry ice sublimating and its so thick i can see the black buckets that are only 1 foot inside the doors on the J-bar shelf/clothes rack thats built into my closet, kinda nice having a shelf above your veg area lol... well im gonna let this Dry Ice do its thing and crank them Co2 levels right through the roof, ill post the after math so to speak lol, lets see if this works as a cheap solution to insects.

well got a few things to report, first off the 5th Budda Purple Kush poped her little head out of the soil this morning. so that makes 6/6 that popped... gotta love Rapid Rooter plugs XD also from the previous post after about 45min or so of dropping the dry ice in the buckets and closing up the tent and passive inlets, i went back to check how things were, i left the doors open for a good 10min before i inspected closer, well on my Sleetstack X Skunk plant i saw what looked to be a few thripes on a leaf they had been nibbling on for a few days now, all curled up with a horrified riggled look to them, WOOT Co2 bombing FOR THE WIN!!! eat that yah little Thripes, lol so yeah they are dead. also picked up another ~5 pounds of dry ice and did another bombing just to be sure, again after about 45min and a 10min air out i inspected and again nothing alive except some very very happy lookin plants, they perked up a good deal compaired to how they were earlier, they looked happy and were reaching up to the light just bathing in it, and after the Co2 it seemed like they were reaching up much more drastically then before so im guessing that was a nice little treat for them as well as an effective bug bomb that doesnt cost a ton or leave harmful chemical residues.
gonna get some pics tomorrow of the little gals and try to get them swapped over to this comp and posted up here.

well about 12 hours after i checked last night i still see no signs of any living insects, a few dead bodies layin around but noting alive, seems the 2 rounds of ~5 pound dry ice bombing really worked, im actually relived that a cheap experimental method worked out so well, defently worth doing if you have bug problems and can seal up your grow space.

ok well as promised, sorry its a few days late but iv got update pics of the Auto grow, iv also got a few other things id like to share first to clear some things up for a few people.
ok well as i said i did some modifications to my grow space mostly building off of what i have. so the first pic is one of the 3 frames i built and hung mylar on, i got this idea from THG, thanks a ton by the way THG :hubba: but i changed it slightly, i used wood instead of pvc cuz well i had a bunch on hand and it didnt cost me a dime. so i made 3 frames which basically are like cubical walls, the 4th wall is the actual wall of the room with mylar hung as well. so one frame is 5 ft tall and 4ft wide, the 2nd fram is 4.5ft tall and 4ft wide, i went with the half foot difference on this one to allow room for my air cooled hoods ducting, these first 2 frames create the 4ft dimension to my 4ftx4.5ft flower space, and the 3rd frame is 5ft tall by 5 ft wide, i made this 6 inches longer then the actual flower area to allow some over hang on the sides so there isnt a gap leaking light in the corners, this 5ftx5ft frame is basicaly my door into the flower area, i simply lift a side and swing it open so i can get in and do what ever i need to. i should also add that i left the bottom 6 inches or so of the frame uncovered by mylar to allow more air flow into the space, this also helped with the frames footing and saved me on some mylar.

the first picture is of the 5ft tall 4ft wide frame to give an idea of what im talking about... lol sorry its also the BACK of the frame, thats just how its stashed off to the side when not in use, the shiney side is on the inside facing the plants so no worries

the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th pics are of my framed out veg closet, its half tent half closet lol, but yeah again just to give yah a better idea of what iv built.
1020131853.jpg1020131853a.jpg1020131853b.jpg1020131854.jpg1020131854a.jpg

now that all the modification stuff is outta the way its time for the sexy part,
so as iv said iv got 5 Budda Purple Kush Auto Fems, and 1 Purple Auto Fem Freebie i got that im running for this auto run and 6/6 broke soil.
so the first 5 pics are of the 5 Budda Purple Kush, sorry they are close up inside the pots but them lil gals are still teeny tiny and my camera sucks.
the 6th pic is the Purple Auto Freebie, when it broke soil it only had 1 full seed leaf and the other was about 1/3 normal size, it appeared to have been broken while poking its head out of the Rapid Rooter and soil. but its looking much better now that the first set is getting larger. i should also note that youll see that ring in the soil around the sprouts, thats from a shot glass i put over them while watering to keep water off them little cute leaves.
bpk1.jpgbpk2.jpgbpk3.jpgbpk4.jpgbpk5.jpgp1.jpg

***the 2nd pic is the last of the 5 Budda Purple Kush to pop its little head out of the soil, about 2 days behind the other 4 and the purple freebie, hence why its so dang small compaired to the others, im going to assume i either accidently popped the bean in upside down and it took longer to correct itself before breaking soil, or its going to be the problem child so to speak lol.

and i figure i should share a few pics of the other 2 plants i have in veg now and will keep in veg until around christmas when the autos are all done.
so iv got a Sleetstack X Skunk Reg thats the biggest right now and a Northern Light X Northern Light Fem as well whos about 2 weeks behind the Sleetstack.
These 2 pics are Sleetstack X Skunk Reg, side and top views, currently sitting in a 2.5gal pot.
1020131855c.jpg1020131856c.jpg

These 2 are of the Northern Lights X Northern Lights Fem, side and top views, also currently in a 2.5gal pot.
1020131855d.jpg1020131856b.jpg

Now for a few shots of everything in the Veg Closet, the first is looking at both Sleetstack x Skunk and Northern Lights x Northern Lights, the 2nd pic is the 6 Autos all in one shot which were shown individualy in the previous post. the 5 blue buckets are home to the Budda Purple Kush, and the Black bucket is home to the Freebie Purple Auto.
1020131856.jpg1020131856a.jpg

also one final thing, i have a question, what exactualy is "Northern Light X Northern Light"? besides just northern lights?

update on the Sour Diesal harvest, first off i am SOOOOO SOLD on Scrog... i had one Sour Diesal plant that turned out female and i applied a ghetto scrog screen, well even with the ghetto screen which didnt work quite as well as i had expected but the Sour Diesal after hanging for 4 days and being in the jar for a day now with an RH of around 68 its weighing in at just a fuzz over 4oz, about 118g now, granted ill be losing another few grams during the cure but hey for a halfassed scrog screen and a halfassed scrog attempt, i didnt really spread the branches right and had a few run away branches and a few gnarled and weaved branches lol but hey all in all 1 plant under a 600 watt hps flowering for 9weeks and 2 days along with a thripe problem in veg/first half of flower i got a QP. now that i got some experience under my belt i can make a real screen to fully fit my flower area and im sure i can pull off more then a QP per plant... im absoutly happy, no more like exstatic lol best yield from 1 plant thus far, that was my 3rd technial grow, so i got 1.3oz from the first plant i grew with LEDs none the less, on the 2nd grow i had 7 plants, 6 in organic soil and 1 in a DWC bucket and the best plant gave 2.5 oz and the worst plant gave 1.5 oz. now on the 3rd grow i got a QP from one plant. cant complain with the improvements in yield and experience gained from grow to grow, i know im not gonna get a QP per plant in this Auto grow but as long as i get over 2oz per plant ill be happy and im faily confident that with the bucket size and nutes/soil ill have great results.
1019131933.jpg

Latest posts

Back