Sunakard indoor grow #4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so as i said on the 5th i took 6 clones from each of the vegging plants the NL and the Sleetstack, i did a little experiment with the 2 rooting compounds i have, the first is the RootTech cloning gel and the 2nd is RooTing cloning powder i got at Lowes for like 8 bucks, first off the orginal clones i took that i just put into cups were rooted with the gel and took over 3 weeks for tiny roots to start to pop out, now back to the experiment, i used the gel and powder on 3 clones from each plant, so 6 clones total from each plant, 3 have the powder and 3 have the gel, after ONLY 6 days the clippings that i used the powder on are EXPLODING with roots, i carefuly ripped open a few of the RRs to look and each of thc clippings i used the rooting powder on already have at least 10 roots that are an inch or longer, while the clippings that i used the Gel on are only just starting to root, the stem in the RR has started to lose its green color and turn white while swelling up,
so thus far i can say the rooting powder works 3 times faster, i looked at the clones last night and again this morning, the 3 NL and the 3 SS that i used the powder on are already ready to be put into cups and start their 10day cup period, 6 days later with the powder and roots are blasting out of the RRs, while the rooting gel took well over 3 weeks to blast roots out of the RRs. also with the rooting powder being 8 bucks and getting twice the amount as compaired to the gel that costs 12.50. i think im going to stick with the powder from now on, you just cant knock the results, 6 days and at least 10 roots poppin out of RRs... thats insane, fastest rooting iv ever had, im going to run this powder again and guage the time it takes to blast roots, just to make sure its consistantly a week for the powder. assuming it is only 6 days again with the powder ill be switching to the power for my perpetual grow, 1/3 the rooting time with powder as opposed to the gel, that works out great and gives me so much more flexability with so much less waiting time. lol im so happy with these results,

Heck yea man thank you for doing this experiment and sharing the results. That's weird how the cheap powder from Lowes works better than the gel. Rooting Cloning Powder, is that it's actual name I want to see if my Lowes carries it.

Its called "RooTing Hormone" by Green Light, its a 2oz bottle with a yellow cap and maroon-ish colored label with yellow rays comming from the Green Light logo and little roots sticking off the bottom of the T in RooTing.

wow good thing you asked about the brand, i think i may have found out why this works so much better, for one basic principle that powder + the small amout of water on the stem makes a paste, to a degree, and when added to the moistened rapid rooters that makes it a little pasty-er. as compaired to a gel that over time is either absorbed into the cloning medium or washes off to a degree because of the moisture, but the powder stays on the bottom of the cutting like a paste as i said thus keeping the beneficial ingredient on the stem.

well at least thats my thinking since the active ingredient is the same yet its at a 5 times higher concentration in the gel then the powder. 0.55% in the gel and 0.1% in the powder yet the powder blasted super white super fuzzy and healthy roots out of the rapid rooters a mear 6 days later as opposed to 3 or 4 weeks later and having the root zone look unhealthy.

well everythings comming along nicely, the clones from the Sleetstack and Northern Lights are doing quite well, another week or so in the cups and they should be ready to transplant into veg containers, as well as the other 3 plants in veg, Sleetstack, Northern Lights and Lemon Twist, all are pretty close to being ready for a transplant, just waiting out these autos another week then ill transplant the 3 main plants and keep vegging the clones as well as cupping up the clones i currently have under the dome, with any good luck they should be good to be cupped up in about 4 days or so.

going to get some pics this weekend, and hopefuly be able to go out and buy my own card reader so i dont have to keep borrowing my buddys lol. also gotta get some more soil and stuff to prep for the transplants and perpetual grow.

well i was unable to get pics this weekend and i was unable to get my own working card reader, but iv borrowed my buddies card reader again so ill have a picture update sometime today, everything looking super good and the 4 budda purple kush are about 80% cloudy with a handful of clear and amber/purple trichs, given the estimated life span of about 70-80 days they are about a week or 2 away from chop yay!!! i so cant wait, and the purple freebie is starting to lavander up alot more now and is lookin like it may take another 2-3 weeks or so till chop. so very soon ill have some delish buds to smoke and a perpetual harvest thats very very close to being all set and ready to go in another 3 weeks. woot woot. well ill check in later on today and post an update.

well hopefuly i can get a post up here before the site goes down which im thinking is gonna happen so this may be the last post, as i said ill try to get a pic post up but im not sure, if not ill just start a new journal over at MC and show off this haul... the purple buds are so beautyful, all of the main colas and the 3 additional tops on the "runt" that fimmed its self, are all about the size of a bottle of pop, and almost as round, not super dense but still nice and tight with a tad of a kushy feel... it is a kush after all LOL... i collected all the scissor hash and tried it in my dabber, OMG so tasty, sweet with a hint of flowers, i cant wait to smoke the buds lol, from my best guess based on previous harvests id say iv got about 5-6 ounces from the 4 plants all together, maybe more the colas are quite huge. from the outside the buds look almost black from the deep purple sugar leaves and the purple flowers yet when you break a bud open the insides that never got light exposure are a vibrant red with a subtle purple-ish hue, on looks alone its killer bud but cant say for sure till i smoke it, if its anything like the scissor hash then ill be very impressed and satisfied with these autos.

well looks like a no go on the pictures, wont be able to get things inorder and squared away before the end of the year, or id post some now, however i do have a preliminary smoke report, although not done curing after 2 days of being in jars i took a nug and quick dried it, yeah yeah i know tisk tisk but i no longer have the patience to wait another 2-3 weeks lol. anywho

buds smell like super dank with a hint of sweet wild flowers.
the taste is sort of like the smell, sweet flowery overtones with a subtle peppery undertone, the lingering flavor is slightly peppery with a good lip smacking sweetness.
its got a nice mellow high, it doesnt kick yah in the face right off the bat but sort of creeps up on you after about 5-10min, semi energetic do something high with a nice mellow relaxed feeling. defently a day time smoke.
and one more, the lingering smell is off the charts lol, i smoked a bowl in my new bong then went into my grow room and did my daily stuff for about 15-20min, came back out and walked towards my computer desk, then BLAM the smell hit me like a friken brick wall, super dank almost like a skunk with nasty old gym socks and pepper with an ever so faint floral smell, defently smells good just was not expecting the lingering stank to stink soooo much.

Hey sounds like with a good intense cure that there bud you got will cure into some amazing quality bud.id throw some in after bone drying it for like 2 weeks straight and thenn open it up and have a quick smell!!
I bet you,ll just wanna seal her back up for a week or more!
A great cure will give you supreme smoke!!
Happy holidays to you and yours
You can check me out at my blueberry girl grow.green mojo bro!

well update time, its been a long while since i updated this thread on MP, anywho lets get started so i no longer have the autos growing, and iv grown out the orginals of Sleetstack X Skunk and Northern Lights, both of which were in all honesty a waste of time, no much trich production. i also recieved a Lemon Twist seed and a Lemon OG Kush seed from a friend.. and what amazing luck i have BOTH turned out female. iv already finished growing out the orginal Lemon Twist plant from seed and now i have a small platoon of LT clones... shes a nice heavy feeder who starts to crystal up by week 3 or 4 in flower, smells of streight up lemon pledge and has a wonderful sour-ish lemon taste that just makes your mouth water, its a good heavy stone, defently not a wake and bake smoke but that hasnt stopped me HAHAHA!!! anywho i also have this Lemon OG Kush plant started from seed that is about 3 weeks into flower that i just took some clones from earlier last week and already have both of the clones rooted and transplanted... i gotta say this was my fastest rooting of any clones ever!!! a meager 4 days and both clones had 6+ roots poking outta the rapid rooters and i let them go for another day, at the end of day 5 both clones had more then 10 roots blasting out of the rapid rooter...
as of now i have 1 LT thats about 3 or 4 weeks from chop, the Lemon OG Kush should be about 5 weeks out from chop, and i also have 4 more Lemon Twists in flower, 2 just went in this past weekend and the other 2 went in 2 weeks ago. so iv got a nice semi-stuffed flower area now with all different ages of plants flowering, the perpetual cycle is now totaly underway.
after april 15th ill be getting a new computer WOOT finally... so ill be able to keep updateing with pics and such instead of just paragraphs lol, im so excited for the new comp. well until then...

Latest posts

Back