Super Silver Haze. Can anyone help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkunkDoctor

Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping to find someone who can help with my SSH crop.

I am a semi experienced grower but only with the Cheese (a very grower friendly plant) After a few years of getting bored of the taste I decided for a change, a recent trip to the Dam got me smoking SSH, I was so impresed (usually not that impresed with the coffee shop weed of the dam) I knew this was to be my new crop.

Several months later I finally got round to ordering the seeds. Got 5 so called feminised seeds from Everyone does it (UK Greenhouse seed stockest) Germinated them about 5 weeks ago. This is my first time with seeds always used cuttings before so didnt know what to expect. They came through very quickly and looked great. after only a week moved them from small to large cubes as the roots were showing. Only days later roots came from the big cubes, great news! Moved them then from the small tent to the large one under a 400w, theyve since gone mad, but in a way i wasnt expecting.

I picked the best four of the five to go into the main tent, the four originally all looked the same but after 3 weeks one plant is totally different to the others, one is growing tall with very long point leaves a very sativa looking plant but the other three also have long leave but very fat leaves they are also very stubby like cabbage patches I know this to be common with indica dominant strains. SSH is a blent of the 2 strains but favoring toward the sativa.

I have 2 thoughts, the first is that it could just be either strain dominating the seed meaning that they are all SSH but as said one is more sativa,my other though is that 3 may be males (will know in the next week, in flwr today).

Has anyone experienced this before?

My other worry is the size, Im used to flowing a plant at about 30" but the strange 3 are just over 12" the other whice looks more like the pictures ive looked at for SSH a had to top at 30" down to maybe 20" so I could keep the light close to the other three.

Can anyone offer any advise on this?

Thanks all

SkDr

u can always bend a tall plant..I have these ordered but not grown any yet.. glad to know it smokes well...I wouldnt get rid of bud sites with topping just bend her over. and tie...gently. bummer on it acting sativa I want indica doms...

What you are experiencing is just 2 different phenotypes of the same plant. You hit the nail on the head when you said one is showing more sativa dominant and the others are showing the indica. No worries, grow them out, decide which pheno you like the best and run with it.

Welcome to MP! Look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood!

Hey folks, many thanks will keep you upto fate on the progress, took my first cuttings this morning, all numbered relative to the doner will mean I have chance to find out which ones best.

Thanks for the welcome hope I can be of help here

Latest posts

Back