Tall plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Youngsavage

L.A. General
Reaction score
I need to know how I can stop my plant from getting tall. I've heard of cutting the top off but I dont know when during the life cycle to do it and I also heard of training it. First time grower someone please help a brother out.

I assume its the same as any other plant...for regular plants to get them to grow out and not up u simply clip top branches off and continue to do so until disired size is achieved. Am i correct ppl?

i had the same problem how old should the plant be when it is topped?

I let it get from knee to waiste high and make sure it has a good healthy stalk and is growing fast that way the new tops will come on fast. Then i try and let it grow another three feet from the fork before i top it again so the second time there is two tops to pick. Pick it off where its easy to pick the smallest part of the top and new leaves and pick it where you leave it just above two small leaves. those two leaves will grow large and the new tops will put out. Slim

tie it down so that it grows along the ground. that way you dont lose any of the plant, although topping can increase the yeid dramaticaly.

Latest posts

Back