Temp Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salmonfisher420

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and a new grower but an old head!:D

I am wondering what your recommended temp for the flowering high(when light is on and low(when light is off)?

Thanks for your help!

during the day time keep temperatures between 70 and 85 degrees. At night aim for between 50 and 70 degrees....

My daytime temp has been around 78f and nightime around 62. Anybody see any issues with that?

Ok here's another question along the same line. how do you keep those temps. It's like 10 degrees outside in the day. In the summer it'll be 90 or 100. 60 or 70 at night. Electricity being an issue does anyone have any idea for temp control

Sorry Aeroman im not trying to hijack your thread but i wanted to ask while this thread is going if my daylight temp of 88-89 max during the day is harmful? its about as low as i can get it with the lights lowered.got two inlines 6 and 8 inch, one pulling and one blowing air in and oscillating fan?

It's not my thread. I was changing the subject on some one elses thread. I know if it gets over 100 degrees you're in trouble. I try real hard to keep my temps in the mid 70s. They're usually in the low 80s. You probably know aas well as I do there only a certain number of things you can do to lower temps. intake exhaust raise lights turn the lights off air conditioning light coolers light movers fans I can't think of anything else. I don't mean to be a smart *** but if I'm at 88 I'm try to get to 85 and if I'm at 85 I'm trying to get to 82 ect... Till it gets to low....What are ya gonna do?

It's practically like that all year round here.

Ambient temp was 96.8 here today we normally hit 107 round this time of year.

Add 60% humidity to that and it's very uncomfortable some times.

yeah your right. I only wish i could get to the 70's during daylight times. i got home tonight to realize the intake and exhaust fans are leaking cold air into the grow room at night when everything is off during the night cycle.Its the first cold night since the grow room build. So now if have to opposite problems.

aeroman said:
Ok here's another question along the same line. how do you keep those temps. It's like 10 degrees outside in the day. In the summer it'll be 90 or 100. 60 or 70 at night. Electricity being an issue does anyone have any idea for temp control

I have different winter and summer ventilation set-ups. In the winter I pull cold air from my crawl space (the air in the crawl space is always cool) to cool the light and grow space. The hot air from the light is "recycled" back into living space. I need a small heater in the space when the lights are out in the winter. In the summer, I run my lights at night, which helps a lot with the heat. Cool air from the living space and the crawl space are used to cool the space and light in the summer. The hot air is discharged outside.

I don't know. Maybe I'm doing every thing backwards, but when it gets really cold outside, I stop bring air in from the outside. I always exhaust and usae the lights to heat the room. I make my own co2 and watch'em grow. If someone wants to point out a flaw in what I'm doing, I would love to discuss it.

I use magnetic dampers to keep cold air from blowing in when my intake and exhaust are not running. I bring cold air from outside in the winter and use the lights to heat the house. I just plumbed the duct into my living room duct and presto heat. House stays about 68 during the day and then the furnace only kicks on at night. In the summer I run a portable A/C unit.

I've never heard of those. I stuff an old shirt in mine LOL Where would I find them

i have an ac unit run to my closet in the summer and in the winter my fresh air supply is cold enough to keep the temps normal...as long as you have fresh air coming in (not just the ac) it should be fine...and i dunno how your winters are where your from but its like an average of 20 degrees around here so there is usually a steady supply of cold air

yeah but the thing is that my inlet air vent is vital since it blows directly on my 400w mh. so sticking a shirt up there might be annoying to have to worry about when the timmer comes on and the "sun" comes up.
What exactly is a magnetic damper and how do i get one of these contraptions?

my room is too hot in the day and a little drafty at night. and like i said im pulling fresh cold air from the attic and venting out to a seperate part of the attic. all this is off of course during the night cycle. the only solution to heating the room would be to lose a plant and move a small heater in

Yeah I too have big probs. In the summer the shade temp will be 39C - 44C and in the winter as cold as 2C. Because it's an outdoor grow room there is not a lot I can do except turn the fan off when it gets below say 10C. Probably in high summer I will use it only for cloning or seedlings with CFL no HPS.

Suncourt makes magnetic dampers. You need to wire them into a plug but any dummy can do it. replace the "xx" with "tt" and this will give you an idea. They sell for cheaper online other places. I got mine for about 60 shipped. When I went with my CO2 setup I sealed the whole room so these made perfect sense.

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/Suncourt-ZC106P-Zone-Control-Damper-NC-HVAC-NEW_W0QQitemZ380087985899QQihZ025QQcategoryZ42911QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts

Back