Temp Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same people i got my inline fans and thermostat from. Did you have to buy a transformer or were you able to just wire it to a three prong grounded extension cord and simulate it with your power cycle?

I was looking at one at my local shop today and it had the transformer. Pretty sue it was included with it.

bluealein56 said:
same people i got my inline fans and thermostat from. Did you have to buy a transformer or were you able to just wire it to a three prong grounded extension cord and simulate it with your power cycle?

Tent is right. They come with a 24v step down. All you do is wire a grounded cord with just the male end, hook that up to the transformer then run three 16 ga. wries from the transformer to the damper. When ever the fan kick on the damper will receive power and will open. Make sure you buy a "Normally Closed" damper. That means it closes when there is no power running to it.

BuddyLuv said:
Tent is right. They come with a 24v step down. All you do is wire a grounded cord with just the male end, hook that up to the transformer then run three 16 ga. wries from the transformer to the damper. When ever the fan kick on the damper will receive power and will open. Make sure you buy a "Normally Closed" damper. That means it closes when there is no power running to it.

I checked them out and they are alot more expensive than the actual fans that they sell which is odd. I might be looking into this but might wait a couple weeks. just bought alot of fertz. But the one i was looking at online said the transformer wasnt included. wonder why you need a seperate transformner for it or why it doesnt just come already wired if you already need it?

here these are a couple that I found fairly cheap. replace the "xx" with "tt"

hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/suncourt-6in-motorized-damper-normally-closed-p-1962.html

hxxp://www.smarthome.com/307107C/6-Inch-Diameter-Normally-Closed-Electronic-HVAC-Air-Duct-Damper-with-Power-Supply-ZC106/p.aspx

These come with the transformer. I run 2 six inch and 1 eight inch. took me 5 minutes to hook them up.

Latest posts

Back