Testing the waters, bagseeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnyce1320

Reaction score
Pics below are just an experiment of bag seeds. Miracle Grow soil with fertilizer. Yea i know Miracle Grow is bad it was only a few buck at walmart. Plants are 3weeks old. First week window sill, week 2-3 2-42w cfl(3000k) 1-23w cfl (6000k) and last night i put them under the 600hps. First couple weeks deff was stressful for them, grew very slowly with killer nute burn (Miracle Grow). Past few days growth picked up a little. Noticed spraying leaves with water helped. Looking better already first day under 600hps
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

in my opinion i would never advise anyone to start with bag seed.don't want to hear no crap either.sorry.the reason is that you will get some screwed up plants.sure you might get a fine lady once in awhile.but the odds are stacked against you.figure how you got the seeds.had to be a hermie or the dumb *** grower let a male pollinate the girls.i would bet on a hermie sneaking in.spend 25-30 bucks and play with them.if you succede you have good genetics.screw the bag seed

i just had a hermie from a bagseed mother that i cloned several times with no probs.now i have a problem.luckily i had to pull my grow.now i will sterilize my grow and flower areas before i start anything.just too dang risky to me.

man its just an experiment till i get my good seeds in im not takin it to serious i dont care what they come out they were free

Ok its been about a month now. I really havnt been doin much to my bagseed grow but just feeding it with filtered water. But today i went and bought some Pro-Mix BX w/microrise soil and transplanted the little guys into bigger pots. Roots looked very heathly and white, wrapped around the whole parimater of the beer cups (sorry i didnt take any pics). I can tell these plants growth was stunted because of improper care and use of Miracel Grow soil at first. When I transplanted I watered them with the Humboldt Nutrients Master A&B which i had recieved for free when i order my 600w HPS and 6" fan from HTG. I also PH'd my water this time. My DuPont water filter brings out a perfect ph of 5.5 no adjustments needed happy as hell.

But for my plants I dont know, they look kinda sluggish, really dont know but not taking it to serious, just an experiment till i got my order of seeds in. One thing i noticed that all the stems are PURPLE . Lower leafs are really yellow some are almost white. For a month old id expect them to be much bigger but i guess thats what you get with improper care. Plus also i went threw 2 light timers because they just stopped working so the light scheme has been messed up a few days through out the month.

Last pic is example of yellowing...not sure if this is normal

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

how s temp?

how often do you water them?

does water have nutes that you premixed?

filtered water.. nah... straight up from the sink but let water sit for a day to remove the chrolines.. simple.. hope you do get good results from bag seeds. myself I got good results.. I indeed to keep it up to keep them in female mode.. not hermie ;)

Temps are good theres been times it hit up to mid 90's but not for a long peroid of time i caught it and made adjustments. I usually water every day because they were in those little beer cups so they dried out very quick under the 600w. I just added that Humbolts ferts yesterday for the first time when i transplanted. i never used any nutes saving them for my real grow. more then likely i think its the miracle grow soil that i used thats stunted everythign. But today they are looking much better. I think it had to do with the fert. They look more alive and arent droopy as before. Grown much faster to

jnyce1320 said:
man its just an experiment till i get my good seeds in im not takin it to serious i dont care what they come out they were free

I agree man, you don't want to waste quality seeds on testing if you have what you need to get to the end. I think it is pretty standard procedure and prudent to use bagseed to test your setup if you are new to growing.

After that point, then I agree with andy52 :)

Plants almost 2 months old and seem to be doing better with new soil and nutes. Tell me what you guys think.

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

Ur babys r looking good keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Back