Thanks for the Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Tom

Still Learning
Reaction score
I've been lurking for two months and absorbing all of the info that I can. Thanks to all for the much needed education. Started a grow during the beginning of July and have been doing my best to kill my plants but they still seem to be growing! The girls are sleeping now or I would post some pics, maybe tomorrow!

These girls survived 11 days without water while I was on holiday. My "automatic" watering system never started. Maybe I should have turned it on :eek:. When I returned they had cannabalized themselves to stay alive, fan leaves yellowed and worse. They snapped right out of it though. Front is a White Widow and the rears are a sativa strain. They are growing under a 1000 watt switchable MH/HPS.

WWIDOW.jpg

Hey there, and welcome to the group. I look forward to watching your girls grow. :)

Welcome to MP. Glad to have ya here and hope to see ya around. By the way nice looking ladies. Enjoy the site! ;)

Major Tom said:
These girls survived 11 days without water while I was on holiday. .

That is amazing... :eek: and your plants look great...considering...LOL!!! Looking forward to following your journal.

Welcome to MP.

Welcome to the site. Loks like you've got some fighters on your hands.

Keep up the learning - plenty of info here with some experienced and friendly folks.

Good luck on the grow.

Later.......PB:)

Thanks for the comments and the warm welcome!

I installed a timer on my light this week and it has been working fine up to last night. This morning when I went to work I noticed that my light was on (2 hrs early). Upon investigation I found my grow room to be 116 F and some very unhappy plants. Turns out that the timer turned the light on again at the witching hour but without the AC running. So, the plants received 6 extra hours of light off cycle and a scorching.

This first grow has been as much about learning the needs of the plants as trying to get my grow environment to work properly. Lots of things learned to do differently next time!

Here is a week into 12/12. Lots of bud sites! I hope that they develop into some of the beauties that I have seen on this site. The yellow leaves are from former abuses. The new leaves are coming in nice and healthy. Two plants of White Widow and one unknown sativa. The other sativa showed his sex and is now compost. It was a shame. It was the better looking of the two sativas.

budsites.jpg

runtbudsites.jpg

sativa.jpg

Approaching 2 weeks of 12/12. I wasn't prepared for the increased nutrient needs when these babies went into their super growth phase! I think that I have over compensated for all of the info that most people over fert and feed. I went too far on the not enough end of the spectrum. Overnight on one plant almost every big fan leaf went yellow on me. I have increased the N and the plants seem to be pulling out if it and greening up. The plant that was my runt is now doing the best. It is already showing trichs on the leaves.

runtflower.jpg

earlytrich.jpg

Looking good, I can see some of the buds but the tips of the leaves look kinda yellow (could just be me).

I took the picture under an HPS. It makes the colors weird at times. The white walls look yellow too.

At about 3.5 weeks of flower now. Out of 8 plants, 2 were boys. The sativa is out of control!

Sorry about the strange color again. That HPS light does not complement photography.

garden.jpg

ww3.5wks.jpg

I thought that I would use the HippyInEngland trichrome viewing method. It works well! I will have to try again later without the HPS light. It made all the trichs amber!

trichs.jpg

Another 2-3 weeks on the WW I think. It already smokes quiet nicely!

cola.jpg

close.jpg

I tried to get a picture of that crazy growing sativa. It looks like it will be a good producer!

sativa.jpg

The ladies are looking great MT and your not lying about that Sativa being out of control. Your doing a great job keep it up. :aok:

Latest posts

Back