The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job Fang, enjoy your well deserved harvest.

Thanks so much MR1 :aok: Wish I could partake with ya!

i loooooooooooooooove uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (non homo obv)

i am so freaking happy man having reset up my grow i just spent as hour staring at them and feeding em. i think the tent company's need to make the velcro windows chair height windows.

did i mention my love for u u really got me back here man i had a few rando emails from mods as to why i was no longer here and this thread got me like a fish hook.. SO not only do i love the grows but all the people in here that have posted so pro and i know your grows are always on point and a pleasure to watch

Hah, feelin' the love :) Glad to have sparked that fire for you! I resparked my own fire as of late actually! I was just "going through the motions" but as soon as I went hydro ... I remember why I loved it so much. Please stick around and continue to let me know what you think :aok:

I'm enjoying the show doc! I'm still patiently awaiting my res to be shipped. They're supposed to be in stock tomorrow, then being shipped the next day, I'm ready to to ge my grow on again! this thread definitely pumps me up. I keep going in my room and imagining that it's all set up and running! Lol. But for now I'll get my fix vicariously through you! O, and btw, I still have that light and havnt heard a thing back from Mars hydro!!!

Glad you're enjoying Brix! :D Hope that damn res situation sorts itself out soon!! You shouldn't be just looking at your area, you should be setting it up and rocking!!! As for that spare light, I still haven't purchased my other single Mars, but I'm 110% going to.... maybe if it stays forgotten about....? :D :D

haha this thread did that same for me, currently just staring into space thru the tent window so thankful for this forum and especial the thread! I am so happy i can just go peek at soon to be gg buds then waste $ on em ty doc and MP

lov invading your tread as always lol ;) :vap-bobby_on_the_be:vap_bong__emoticon::vap-leafy_wave::vap-leafy_wave::vap-leafy_wave::vap-leafy_wave:

Yeah it seems that a few people have been sparked along with me lately. There's 5 of you I can think of immediately that have taken ahold of this stuff, and I really dig it. Glad to be helping in ANY way, so I can pay it forward to a community that helped me so much in the years.

I just got done my 5 day marathon.. I'm DONE with all the crazy work!!! Woooo hooooo!! :D

So here's the deal. I ended up draining all the res's in Tent #2, as it will be at 4 weeks in a couple days. So, I drained out all solution, and redid my containers with 7.5 gals of nute soup. Since I'm starting week 4, I decided to add my Bloombastic and other boostery type of things :D PPM's are around 1300 and PH is at 5.8 in all 4. I assume by tomorrow there will be a good amount of "settling swing" so expect to adjust it in the morning or at most by evening tomorrow.

Also, all training has been recovered from in Tent #1. They are now 20" high and well spread out in the tent. Also, everything is all defoliated...hopefully I didn't do TOO MUCH this time. :) They LED's are about 26" away. Nute solution is right up to the bottoms of the pots (8.5 gal of solution did this from a fresh start) and after only 24 hours, beautiful white roots are poppin' out of the bottom already! :D

Drying tent is coming along. Nice and slow dry going on.

I think that's it for the update. I'm so darn tired. Pics tomorrow :aok:

Not sure if I wrote in here that I will be flipping Tent #1 tomorrow, but I changed my mind. I'm going to turn it off Thursday and make that day 1, as Thursday will be 4 weeks down in flowering for Tent #2, so I have my "stagger" perfect right now! :D

A couple more days will allow the root zones to start to establish a bit better, and the smaller nodes in the center to work their way up a tad bit more.

I'm going to poke in here with a bit of a "thought update"...

I'm sitting here, rocked off this Pineapple Express that I just harvested. Some of the stuff from the drying tent will be going into the jars today...but my thought was this...
I installed the LED lights at week 5 of flowering for this tent I just took down. Buds do most of their "bulking" process from week 6 (or so) and on, at least from what I've noticed. You know, the density is put on then. And, if that's the case, then the density I have from those LED's seems to be on PAR (ooo, scientifically punny) with the HPS. So, if I'm correct... I can safely seemingly say that I think these LED's are going to give me the same density I had before with HPS. Now, I'm not going to scream it to the hills just yet! I'm waiting on this Tent #2 to finish before I make my final decision. Tent #2 will have been 4 days shy of an entire LED flowering period. They had HPS light for about 4 days after the flip, then I got LED's.

I'm very happy with this, and will see what I think, but so far getting LED's is one of the better things I've done for myself. Actually excited to see this months and next months electric bill...OHHHH on that thought, we just got a decrease notice of over 20% coming effective this spring!!!! HUGE! That, coupled with me getting LED's and winter being over?!?!?!? They are probably going to have to pay me to use their electric soon :D :rofl:

So yeah, just wanted to stop in and say how dense this Pineapple Express really was, and how well it seemed to come out with weeks 5-8 being done under LED. Let's see about Tent #2 now!

I think your nugs will be as dense or denser with LED. jmo Awesome, a decrease in your power bill.

i want the LEDs just for the summer if nothing else and the decreased elc would be nice i mean even if you get the same results as with a 1k HPS i'm still drooling over the LEDs

I think your nugs will be as dense or denser with LED. jmo Awesome, a decrease in your power bill.

No question they will be more dense, but that has a lot to do with the strain as well. It seemed like everything was getting smaller in size when I made the switch, but weight went up a bunch sf for sf.

I'm interested Doc, how r u planning to run these new DCW rigs? You planning to SCROG this all out under a net?

No question they will be more dense, but that has a lot to do with the strain as well. It seemed like everything was getting smaller in size when I made the switch, but weight went up a bunch sf for sf.

I'm interested Doc, how r u planning to run these new DCW rigs? You planning to SCROG this all out under a net?

Yeah, the density and yield factor were only concerns, and they are starting to fade away from thought very rapidly :)

As for the DWC rigs, I usually just LST majorly, and Super Crop a lot during veg and for the first 2 weeks of the stretch. This is going to be 4x Cinderella 99 and it's a short pheno... doesn't seem to stretch much in flowering, and stacks AWESOME! Wasn't sure if it would be a scrog candidate.

What are you thinkin' PJ? :)

thinking i need to train my tent real quick b4 its to late into flower me thinks. hmm another good idea out of here

thinking i need to train my tent real quick b4 its to late into flower me thinks. hmm another good idea out of here

Yep, you can basically use a weed wacker on them in veg, or even a lawn mower.. hah! And for the first 2 weeks (or so) into flowering, you can beat em up pretty good without issues...but once you can "tell" (after a few grows one can "tell") that the buds are starting to form sites (hairs start to rapidly create in single areas) then I would ease off the defoliating entirely. That is until around week 7-8 (depending) when you want to thin it out for the last week or so. :aok:

hmmm mine are around 2 weeks and its a short finishing strain 6-7 weeks not sure i should mess with em much other then light lst to make a more filled in canopy. otherwise they are showing full on bud development so i think any cutting at this point is out as this strain is reputable for herming for no reason hence y i flower 12 lol i had 14 but gave 2 away

I wouldn't cut or super crop at this point, but some light LST and just generally tieing them to the sides to expose lower nodes would be a good idea. That is, if your situation is calling for that. :)

ya think thats the right approach at this point

Here's a bit of a picture update for you all :)

The first 4 pics are showing my veg space now. A lot has changed in here recently. I've thinned it out and now have 4 keepers for next round and 4 keepers for the round after that, plus clones still cooking in the bin. It's constant action in here! :) Wish I could keep mothers, that'd probably make things a bit more simple!

View attachment April1stResize (1 of 11).jpg
View attachment April1stResize (2 of 11).jpg
View attachment April1stResize (3 of 11).jpg
View attachment April1stResize (4 of 11).jpg

Here's shots of the entire tent that is 27 days in.. 4 weeks tomorrow :)

View attachment April1stResize (5 of 11).jpg
View attachment April1stResize (8 of 11).jpg

Here's a couple shots of just the two Cinderella 99's I have

View attachment April1stResize (7 of 11).jpg
View attachment April1stResizeAgain (1 of 1).jpg

Closeup of the Merlot OG

View attachment April1stResize (9 of 11).jpg

Closeup of the Cheese

View attachment April1stResize (10 of 11).jpg

And finally, the fully recovered Tent #1. Officially doing day 1 tomorrow when Tent #2 turns 4 weeks old. PERFECT 4 week stagger going right now, I love it! :D

View attachment April1stResize (11 of 11).jpg

What are you thinkin' PJ? :)

Well DWC is typically used to grow very large plants, however LED's are designed for a short canopy flowering down about 18".

I was thinking you might want to scrog, however it looks like your system is DWC and not RDWC, so it would be way too tough to change nutes.

How r u planning to cool those things once it warms up?

Oh changing nutes isn't an issue really. I could do it with a scrog. I do not take the plants out, I hook up a hose to a pump and get it out that way. I install drain holes in the bottom. After that, I fill through the top 4" access port I've made.

Check this, it's a DIY I made just yesterday:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71126

Shows my setup in a lot of detail, and there's 40 pics in there. :aok:

As for cooling, I'll be pulling frozen water bottles in each day if I HAVE to cool them. I have a large freezer that I can pack full and it's literally on my way to walk over to the room, so I could change it out easily everyday. :D

wow, just catching up on the last page and a half of this. Looking killer DGF! :48:

Latest posts

Back