The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you suggest any alterations to your mix based on the water used?
(tap VS RO/distilled)

My DWC reservoir is a 5 gallon tote and I only flower 1 plant at a time. I use distilled.
My local water is NOT consistent in ppm or pH.
With such a small res I've decided the EASY fix of buying distilled was not financially stupid... possibly silly but not stupid. :)

EDIT
Do the pH #'s refer to both DWC and coco?
EDIT
The general rule of thumb they say is to run hydro between 5.5 and 6.5 which is a great general number for "most" plants.
answered myself: yes

:48:

Do you suggest any alterations to your mix based on the water used?
(tap VS RO/distilled)

My DWC reservoir is a 5 gallon tote and I only flower 1 plant at a time. I use distilled.
My local water is NOT consistent in ppm or pH.
With such a small res I've decided the EASY fix of buying distilled was not financially stupid... possibly silly but not stupid. :)

EDIT
Do the pH #'s refer to both DWC and coco?
EDIT

answered myself: yes

PH and consistency are the two most important things to remember. It is more important to use water from the same area/company what have you. PPM's in said water will vary as will your final results after mixing your solution which is why I did not go in to a final EC or PPM number.

Plants will adapt to whatever you're doing, so just keep it consistent.

In some cases across the US water is so good and rich in minerals one never needs anything at all other than standard food. That for sure is the exception and not the rule.

RO is stripped from all natural elements so in this case you will for sure need a source of magnesium, and calcium issues will start to show below a PH of 5.7.

Can't say I have used much distilled for anything other than setting my refractometer to 7.0 before checking the salinity level. Not much help in that area.

I'll note I only use RO and I change my filters regularly.

If you are speaking to me here is what I am saying based on using General Hydroponics Flora series, and or Advanced Jungle Juice better knows as the GH replacement.

As a tip and to save you some cash try using Coco coir chips instead of the coco/perlite mix. If you are starting seeds use rapids, or the like and plant right in to it using the above method.

ya I use the GH currently and do use the coco coir cubes in the bag. I still mix it with large perlite cause I run flood and drain pots. I always thought adding the perlite would allow more air to be drawn in to the roots when they drain. thanks for the info i keep my res at 5.8 - 6.1 never higher

Phew, soooo many pictures to edit and upload. I have a full DIY tutorial to make too...that'll be tomorrow. So tired! Just came in after another full day in the room. New air pump installed, 4x C99 are in the spots and fully trained and already reachin' for the sky again.

Also, transplanted 2x Pineapple Express, 1x Tangilope and 1x Critical Sensi Star from red solo cups, to the final pot that they need to be in within 4 more weeks.

Tonight / tomorrow I'll be purchasing the LED light.. still haven't gotten around to it. Can't wait, as I'm anxious to get my test spot going!

Small update before I head off to bed. A shot of the new space with 4 new ones in it.. just being trained (LST / Super crop) for only a couple hours in this pic.

Also, some shots of my flowering Tent #2 @ 3 weeks and 4 days into flowering. Absolute jungle.. really wish I defoliated a bit more!!

View attachment LastMarch2015Wide (1 of 6).JPG

View attachment LastMarch2015Wide (2 of 6).JPG

View attachment LastMarch2015Wide (3 of 6).JPG

View attachment LastMarch2015Wide (4 of 6).JPG

View attachment LastMarch2015Wide (5 of 6).JPG

View attachment LastMarch2015Wide (6 of 6).JPG

Omg i'm blinded by it i need to go to bed and dream of these pics !

Looks good Fang, pretty thick in there. Glasses are nice, not in my budget though, for now I just turn off the led and use my trouble light to see.

Omg i'm blinded by it i need to go to bed and dream of these pics !

Hah, nice :aok:

Looks good Fang, pretty thick in there. Glasses are nice, not in my budget though, for now I just turn off the led and use my trouble light to see.

Thanks MR1! Yeah, I have the two rooms filled with LED's, and just found the glasses to work well for my situation.

Meh.. cold this morning, so heaters go on today too. C-mon winter, go away!

Checked Tent #1 this morning, and all are perked right up from transplant and massive training. Happy about that :) I think today will be the last day with full light and then I can flip tomorrow..any thoughts here? Should I give it another couple days for the roots to start to travel more, or do you think 48 hours after transplant is good? Normally, I would just operate and not ask this question, but I'm curious of others thoughts on this matter.

High DGF! Boy are you crowded in there, glad i looked. I am going to go defoliate my shed now. LOL... Your plants look amazing. Love the glasses. i have them too.

You guys are making me want pretty color lights and glasses now lol

High DGF! Boy are you crowded in there, glad i looked. I am going to go defoliate my shed now. LOL... Your plants look amazing. Love the glasses. i have them too.

Yeah, it's a bit crowded. I'll certainly be sending some light and fluffy stuff to the trim pile, but overall I'm very happy...because this is reminding me the POWER of hydro!! :D I'm doing a better go of it in this round.

You guys are making me want pretty color lights and glasses now lol

Heh, well I have yet to see if I'm 100% happy with them, but I'll know more in the next 5 or so weeks! :)

As for a general update, I spent all morning editing pictures and createing a DIY 18 gal tote DWC tutorial... you can find it in the link below. Enjoy everyone :aok:

~--► CLICK HERE! I'm a nifty link that will bring you all kinds of cool places ◄--~

[drool]

man (to me) that's a metric-$#it-ton of smoke!
all from 1 4x4 tent?
My 22"x26" flower cabinet just isn't enough, I NEED MORE!!! (space)

lol

ENJOY!

Yes, and that was an extremelyyyyyyyyy poor yield. I'll know how much it was soon enough though. My guess is 12 - 14 wholes total. My GOAL is not less than 16, and I was hitting 24+ out of my 4x4 every time, for a few times in a row... I missed hydro, glad I went back!

:D Thanks for stopping in Joe, really appreciate it

Good job Fang, enjoy your well deserved harvest.

i loooooooooooooooove uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (non homo obv)

i am so freaking happy man having reset up my grow i just spent as hour staring at them and feeding em. i think the tent company's need to make the velcro windows chair height windows.

did i mention my love for u u really got me back here man i had a few rando emails from mods as to why i was no longer here and this thread got me like a fish hook.. SO not only do i love the grows but all the people in here that have posted so pro and i know your grows are always on point and a pleasure to watch

I'm enjoying the show doc! I'm still patiently awaiting my res to be shipped. They're supposed to be in stock tomorrow, then being shipped the next day, I'm ready to to ge my grow on again! this thread definitely pumps me up. I keep going in my room and imagining that it's all set up and running! Lol. But for now I'll get my fix vicariously through you! O, and btw, I still have that light and havnt heard a thing back from Mars hydro!!!

I'm enjoying the show doc! I'm still patiently awaiting my res to be shipped. They're supposed to be in stock tomorrow, then being shipped the next day, I'm ready to to ge my grow on again! this thread definitely pumps me up. I keep going in my room and imagining that it's all set up and running! Lol. But for now I'll get my fix vicariously through you! O, and btw, I still have that light and havnt heard a thing back from Mars hydro!!!

haha this thread did that same for me, currently just staring into space thru the tent window so thankful for this forum and especial the thread! I am so happy i can just go peek at soon to be gg buds then waste $ on em ty doc and MP

lov invading your tread as always lol ;) :vap-bobby_on_the_be:vap_bong__emoticon::vap-leafy_wave::vap-leafy_wave::vap-leafy_wave::vap-leafy_wave:

e/ high hbm btw :D

Latest posts

Back