The Female Growers Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have GOT to say yes! How fun. Dang I want me a grandkid that lives close.

2 dog,

If it was possible to do it without being old, having grandkids beats having kids any day, at least in my opinion. I'm not sure what the difference is but I enjoy my grandkids much more than I did my kids. Maybe it is that I'm not responsible for them like I was my kids. I thinkk I probably worry more about the grandkids though.

Good smoking and merry Christmas and HappyNew Year!

yeah but don the catch is that you have to have kids to get the grand ones...lol...

I dont know what makeup you ladies use but I was in sephora this week and bought the bare minerals matt foundation...best product ever! I have been using the powders for a few years I have the most sensitive fair skin ever and it loves this crap...just thought I would let everyone know...

Way cool, tho I dont wear makeup, seems that I see that commercial for Bare Minerals, and I say to myself......self, if you wore makeup, that is the one for you!
When I hung up the bartending, I hung up the makeup and never looked back.

As for grandkids,
plant a bunch of kids....like seeds,
you never know how many Males you are gonna get......or grandkids.

I have one kid, husband has one kid. We have just had our first Grandkid, and of course she lives all the way across the Nation. The daughter does not bode well for having kids and since she is about to start Grad School, I dont think even the thot of kids is happening there.

ah well. Maybe I should get a puppy. lol.......kidding folks.

tcbud,

Grandkids have a way of surprising both mom & dad and grandparents. Don't give up hope.

Also,find some friends who have grandkids or even better friends with young kids but no nearby grandkids and "adopt" Mom & Dad (then the grandkids come a long naturally too) or even just the young ones.

When I wa sin the service, we went to a new church and a couple of weeks later one of the older ladies walked up ot us and said "Your children need grandparents wheere thye live and we are going to be your." and presto, we had local parents and the kids had local grandparents and we wer only about 450 miles from home. When Mom passed away and later Dad too, we were told at the funerals that we were expected to come to the family dinner along with the rest of the family even though we had not been staying close to the family.

That kind of stuck in our minds and our kids friends all wind up calling us Mom & Dad so when they have kids, we automatically become Grandma and Grandpa -- although most of them along with our younger natural grandkids call me "Papa Don" -- kind of makes me feel like some kind of banana republic despot.

Just a thought.

Good smoking

that is sweet don...I do have nieces and a nephew so I am an aunty...I just dont want to be that old lady who is all alone on her deathbed...as a woman I have some beautiful things I would love to leave a daughter but atleast I have nieces for sure so I know someone I love will get my stuff.. If I cant have kids I will adopt for sure..My grandma is everyones grahams..has more god children than she can even count...everyone loves her. so sweet. Plus I always tell my younger bro that his kids will be my kids since we are so close..

2dog the best thing about grandkids is

you can give them back :D

also allways wondered if that bare minerals work ,,my eldest daughter wears liqued ,,but she suffers with bad skin ,,maybe this would be better for her ,,maybe santa may put some in her stocking :p

UKgirl420,

Obviously you haven't met my other half or my grandkids. They are all the time just showing up at the house and then begging until they get to stay.

After a while I get fed up and just say NO every time some one wants to stay over, but that usually doesn't last very long.

I don't know if EJ says yes because she really wants them around or just to irritate me -- I know some times she sure seems relieved when they leave or I stick to NO.

It also seems to depend on how often and for how long they have been able to stay. It seems like the ones who have always lived her in town ans usually saw us at least once every two weeks wear out their welcome quicker than the ones whose mother has pretty much kept them away from us for years. One thing I am noticing is that especially with me and to a lesser extent EJ, the older ones who "entertain themselves" without Grandpa's computer or excessive TV are more welcome than the littler ones
that need constant attention. Also, I get irritated real easy when you supposedly come over to research school work and I catch you on My Space, Facebook, game sites like Pogo and downloading stuff to my computer.

But, yes they make having been parents more worthwhile. It is especially see the kids deal with the same things they gave us fits with. There's a lot of truth to the saying " Raising your kids is pay back for the hassle you gave your parents."

Good smoking every one! It's lights out time for now.

2Dog said:
yeah but don the catch is that you have to have kids to get the grand ones...lol...
Hang in there girl. Do you believe that "thoughts are things?" When we had trouble we tried to think "when," not "if." Then we had five kidz. Bam!

You don't know me from Adam, but know that I'm rootin' for you and Mr. Dog with all my might! I can hear your longing and it's hard not to be moved.

~Snax

snax our best friends just came up pregnant....they hadnt even been trying..Poor hubby is so happy for them but so jealous..I admit I am a bit jealous too...I cant help thinking that it should be me...why doesnt god give me a baby...so on and so forth..it makes me mad. feel out of control. bitter. I had a horrible dream...a horrible one where someone made fun of something with me not having a baby and I pushed his eye in with my thumb...jesus.. in my defense I have been watching lots of horror movies I am not a violent freak...I dont even spank my dogs..my body sucks dude. I am letting my husband down...sorry guys maybe I should delete this..I may..dang..then we watched the movie up which made me even more upset..

2dog quit having sex to "have a baby" and have sex for the fun, enjoyment and orgasms. Before you know it along will come a "bundle of joy" and their goes the fun time to raise the kids. A friend of mine and his wife were sure they would never have kids, so they adopted 1 and now have 6 of their own plus the little girl they adopted.

While waiting work your alls way thru the "Karma Sutra" and enjoy all the positions:hubba:

2dog.....this is insane, sounds like the guys are telling you what you should already know....eggs must be fertilized by the psycho swimmers and the first one there gets the prize.....why am I telling you this? I need to talk to my shrink.....oh yeah, I can't because he went insane

my eggs are in deep hiding painter...like better than the witness protection program...my ovaries are too comfy I guess...

Im with Ozzy, more fun now and then kids in future.....good advice. Also, having more sex when young makes up for less sex when old....even makes up for less sex because kids make you so tired you dont want any.....maybe I should delete?

tc that might be good right now hubby wears me out with all the bump bump... hehe run to the room and close the door before the dogs get on the bed...LMAO..

2dog...i don't know if it matters to you or not, but you were just added to my prayer list. What makes me mad is when someone like you has a hard time haveing a kid, knowing full well that you are an intelligent loving person, but the lady next door has 7 kids, is on welfare, her and her kids are filthy, she is drunk 7 days a week, always trying to give me her food stamps for cash, so that she can get a bottle, leaves her kids alone with a 9yr old so she can go to the bar, has a different scum ball over there every other week...I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture. Sometimes I don't understand why things are the way they are, but what can we do...only our best, and love the sick ones to...I'll be thinking of you!

thanks LF...people like are so frustrating... I think the easier it is for people to have kids the less they appreciate them sometimes..

Latest posts

Back