The Female Growers Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was young, back in the teen days, the days of Jesus Freaks, I dated one. He was always talking about the "Rapture" and getting in on the ground floor of heaven before the second coming. When I couldn't get him on the phone or he was not to be found, I always wondered if he had been "Raptured". Good times. It crosses my mind sometimes when I cant find the husband in this big old house.....not often. Im glad to be here still myself, no one I know would prolly been raptured anyway, especially not the husband. He would be so pissed.

Thanks Rose, the girls look better this morning, as in there is new growth. I may loose one. I'm gonna put it down to not hardening them off enough, "I told you so" was not said anywhere around here when he got home last night.

Thanks Mojave for the kind words.

speaking about possible raptures........wouldn't it be nice if they let 'James' back on American Idol and 'Scotty' just kind of disappeared.....that would be a 'RAPTURE moment' for the wifey and I.....James was an autistic person and had 'Asberger's Disease'.....whatever that is.....we thought he was absolutely fabulous.....we both think Scotty will probably win this year.....can't stand him and his exposed crucifix handing around his neck.....why broadcast your religious beliefs except maybe to get more votes.....if that would be the case then his strategy works fine.....he was the top vote getter after 95,000,000 votes in two hours from 22,000,000 viewers.....James was so much better....used to make me cry a couple of times.....I wish him well

mojave.....thanks for all the great information about 'condoms' and bugs and your lack of humidity......I think we average around 65% next to the Pacific
but I don't know for certain

tc....hi girl, are there only good raptures? How about some nasty raptures?

tcbud said:
When I was young, back in the teen days, the days of Jesus Freaks, I dated one. He was always talking about the "Rapture" and getting in on the ground floor of heaven before the second coming. When I couldn't get him on the phone or he was not to be found, I always wondered if he had been "Raptured".

Yeah I had a similar experience when I came home to a pot burning on the stove, and no one at home. I stood there in the middle of the house screaming my head off for about a half a minute. Then I shut up and started my mental list of who's houses I could loot for money and valuables to help me survive. I was 12 years old after all, and planted firmly in the bible belt I just knew half the houses on my street would be empty and ripe for looting :hubba: I laugh now but it was very terrifying for a kid.

Did you think everyone had been raptured but you? That must have been very scary and why was the pot burning on the stove?

I pretty much always knew I was not gonna be on the first train out. OHC must felt the same. Bad Girls. I never had proof like OHC did, the pot burning on the stove. That had to be a shock.

The Girlfriend and I were talking about this rapture thing yesterday. We came to the conclusion, that the day that was forecast for the rapture had to be the only day in the history of the world (aside from other days rapture was predicted) that planning a picnic was gonna be rapture free. As there is a part of the Bible that says the day will NOT be known, so therefore, no it could not have happened yesterday. Bible logic there.

The weather is just beautiful here today, and my mind and heart goes out to those who were caught in that big tornado. Looked like a Tsunami in that area.

That poor Joplin Mo. I can't believe it TC. And then to have that mess and more bad weather to try and find people and animals in.. I really think our earth is grumpy.

I am glad the sun is shining on you TC. It is cold 50 something and rainy. This spring is the coldest on record. burrr.

I don't know who pissed Mother Nature off but I sure would like to knuckle talk with them

Ozzy, a year ago, there was thousands of gallons of oil pouring into the Gulf of Mexico....if I was Mother Nature, I would not have gotten over that fiasco yet. Too bad Mother Nature couldn't get back at BP personally. Another hard fast storm is heading in on Wednesday, I hope it fizzles out before it hits the mid west.

Dang Rose, coldest spring on record, what a bummer. I imagine you are happy as heck you are growing indoor about now. Again, Congrats on that Girl! We have mid seventies with a nice breeze, this week will be spring and then ..... HOT coming up.

OHC, did your dad get caught up in believing the rapture stuff from Camping? Or did he stay more skeptical, but prepared? I don't know how you handle that whole scene, nor the pressure your dad puts on you to get back to the fold again. Do you get high before you visit?

And OHC, what a story!!!! I can only imagine how frightening that was when you were so young. Tell us the rest of the story--who left the pot on the stove? Where were the other family members?

Rose--have you ever seen Colorado Lady's greenhouse? It truly is a work of art. Being a mosaic artist, the floor has set many handmade mosaic tiles in the walkway path. Her plants are enormous--like trees. And groomed to perfection. It is the cleanest, the most beautiful, artistic and well laid out greenhouse I have every seen. Plus, you'll never see a dead leaf anywhere on the ground. She's immaculate! And I've only seen it in picture, but I drooled a LOT! Even if I had something that fabulous, I could never keep it up with the loving care CL bestows on her plants and greenhouse.

TC, your caged grow is looking good, in spite of the weather and rocky start because of it. Love your Lavender! DO you ever make Lavender wands? Here's a link to a YouTube video of how to make them. I have seen them also woven with silk ribbon, and that look exquisite. You just squeeze them and the fragrance fills up the room again. Mine is 15 years old and STILL has scent when I squeeze it. Lovely in your underwear drawer. hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_huCB0_6Qo

Good Morning! I have been reading a bit trying to catch up here, but there is so much that went on recently, I'm going to just say hi! :heart: I hope you are all in an area that is safe from floods and tornados. OKlahoma, Arkensas and Kansas got hit last night and quite a hail storm in Texas!:(
I'm growing outdoors this year for the first time. Squirrels are NOT cute anymore! Between them & gophers I'll be busy keeping my plants from becoming their lunch!
:heart: FGG

:ciao: Ladies

Happy Growing makes for Happy smokeing

pass this around:48:

Mojave, I have two kinds of lavender now. I have the french too, it hasn't bloomed yet, I put it in last year. I pick bouquets of it and put them in my truck, smells lovely.

Nice to see you Gone2pot! Are you gonna run a journal on your outdoor here? Sure would like to follow along.

Thanks TC, I can do that! I want to get some shade cloth and follow your lead on the dog kennel grow area.

MMMMmmm, lavender smells heavenly!

got lavender---

lavender 001.jpg lavender 002.jpg honey bee @ 5
lavender 003.jpg lavender 004.jpg
lavender 005.jpg

LOL, ok ... I went and bought a couple little lavender plants! I really do love it!

G2P, I'm glad you got your own lavender, it is important. I was going to send you some once and forgot. oh dear.
I have white, and pink and blue.
MM, Col. Lady's green house sounds fabulous. I would love to see pictures. Never a dried leaf on the ground? wow. Mosaic floor? I am in awe.

How are you ladies and gents today? I hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend. It is cold here in our desert. in the 40's this morning. Crazy.
I am having an issue with thrip I guess, in my grow. that took all morning yesterday treating all the different grow rooms (3). Rose thrips and pot thrips are two different critters I can tell ya. YUCK.
have great growing days my friends.

Well, thanks for the kind words on the greenhouse Mojave. My house should be so tidy!!! But, you just need to have your priorities right?

We could use some SUN in the rocky mountains. My clones are starting to pre-flower. EGAD :( Now get up at 6 a.m. to put a couple more hours of light on them and again after sunset for a hour or so. Husband suggested a timer...Duh Where IS my brain. Come on days, get longer!!!

Fungus knats seem to be gone, hope the root drench does its work also.

AZAMAZ rules!!!!!!

Here's a pic pf the greenhouse last July

IMG_2476.JPG

Latest posts

Back