The PH drives me crazy !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futuredream45

Reaction score
hi guys, i have a big problem on ph, and the problem really drives me crazy. when i adjust the ph to become the number i want today(5.8), but the ph will change to 7.2 next day. do you have the same problem ? how can i sovle it? there are some pics, is my hydro system, i learn from a video. i don't know what the name of the system is ?:D i also put the pic that i adjust my ph.

IMGP3144.JPG

IMGP3118.JPG

When plants use the nutrients in the water the pH rises naturally. Also, how long do you wait to check your water's pH after trying to fix the problem? I usually stir my water well and wait 15 minutes or so after checking again to let osmosis do it's thing.

DLtoker said:
When plants use the nutrients in the water the pH rises naturally. Also, how long do you wait to check your water's pH after trying to fix the problem? I usually stir my water well and wait 15 minutes or so after checking again to let osmosis do it's thing.

i wait 30 minutes after i stir my water well. does your ph stay at the number you want after a couple of days ?

I like mine at 5.8 and it usually will take 4 days or more to raise to a pH of 7.2.

For me, it usually takes about a week to go from 5.5 to 6.5.

I've never used the stuff for fish tanks before, so I'm not sure if that could be your problem. I know that using vinegar or lemon juice will cause slime to develop in your res and make the PH go up fast.

Maybe you can try something else to lower the PH. I use the stuff for swimming pools. It is called "Dry Acid" and you can get it at any pool shop. 1/8 tsp for 5 gallons (your system may be different).

Is there anything growing in your reservoir like algae or slime?

AlienBait said:
For me, it usually takes about a week to go from 5.5 to 6.5.

I've never used the stuff for fish tanks before, so I'm not sure if that could be your problem. I know that using vinegar or lemon juice will cause slime to develop in your res and make the PH go up fast.

Maybe you can try something else to lower the PH. I use the stuff for swimming pools. It is called "Dry Acid" and you can get it at any pool shop. 1/8 tsp for 5 gallons (your system may be different).

Is there anything growing in your reservoir like algae or slime?

ok, thnaks your advice.
there is no algae or slime in my reservoir. why do you ask?

Using lemon juice is a temporary pH down for hydro and is really only used with organic soil grows. Having the pH slowly rise like mine is completely natural. I would say stoney could verify this but he dosn't check his becuase HE IS THAT GOOD. But, Kade will definitely verify that.

DLtoker said:
Using lemon juice is a temporary pH down for hydro and is really only used with organic soil grows. Having the pH slowly rise like mine is completely natural. I would say stoney could verify this but he dosn't check his becuase HE IS THAT GOOD. But, Kade will definitely verify that.

If you are using additives like Humic/Fulvic acid... you probably won't need to use a meter... but I like things to be perfect... I'm pulling 2 pounds off of one 1000watt hps this grow... and that is flowering 6'' clones.

Ph rises from algae and/or root growth. It lowers when more water is being used by the plants then nute uptake, and fertilizer salts (ppm, tds, ec) builds up..

Latest posts

Back