The prohibition episodes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan-2.6-

Toker ala Green
Reaction score
I was wondering if putting a plastic bag in the ground like the guys in the prohibition episodes on youtube does helps the plant at all. Is it so the whole thing can be easily removed aftrward? or to prevent weeds? (besides the buds of course) ^_^

I've never seen the episode in question, but putting plastic in the ground anywhere is "wrong'.. IMO.
Are you talking about "growbags"??
Bags, just like pots, will restrict rootgrowth, water and nutrient uptake, and could smother your plants IMO.

I believe that the reference is to the browndirtwarrior and his youtube videos about an outdoor growers adventures in BC. the bags are grow bags placed into the soil. he does it to help contain nutes and water.

I would use Grow Bags outdoors to (Like Mentioned Before) to keep water and nutes closer to the roots where you want them.

Just be sure to remove the bags and not make a mess when the grow is over, you can usually re-use grow bags, they are good for moving your plants to where you need them once they are large enough.

If you use them you are getting none of the moisture from the ground you are depending on what rain falls directly in the bag or what you put there by warering them. The only reason i could see he might have used them besides his plants only getting the nutes was because the ground he planted in was really rocky and was probally really poor soil.

If you plan on using these bags in the ground be prepared in a dry spell to cary water to all your plants several times a week. IMO if you have good ground don`t use the bags and make use of surrounding moisture in the soil. Very little waiste of ferts will occur.

Exactly.

If you have good soil and good water(ing) than bags are not needed.

Another reason I think he used bags is he had to carry them pretty far, pots can be "interesting" to carry a long distance.

Growing outdoors rules.

Latest posts

Back