These clones ready to go??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fortphoenix

Reaction score
Hey I’m doing single cola sog (al b. fuct way) and I’m wondering if these clones would hypothetically be good to put into flower right now…. i cut the clones exactly 2 weeks ago and they rooted by day 7,8,9. i feel like they could’ve had bigger roots if i had a tray that fit the rapid rooters better and if i wasn’t pulling them out every day to check on them which caused roots to break and had they not dried out so much/often... what you think, could they be good to go to lower though?

also what do you think about leaving like a 1/4” of water at the bottom of the tray so the rooters can constantly wick up water vs feeding them by dipping them in a solution and taking them out?

thanks for any responses or advice!!!

View attachment IMG_0560.jpg

View attachment IMG_0561.jpg

View attachment IMG_0562.jpg

View attachment IMG_0563.jpg

View attachment IMG_0564.jpg

View attachment IMG_0565.jpg

View attachment IMG_0566.jpg

View attachment IMG_0567.jpg

View attachment IMG_0568.jpg

View attachment IMG_0569.jpg

View attachment IMG_0570.jpg

View attachment IMG_0571.jpg

You could, but would not be much of a yield.

You could, but would not be much of a yield.

yeah i know, mind you this is my first time cloning and i rooted in 7 days on one of them so if i perfect it the roots would look way better, I'm doing sog 32 on a 3x6 tray under 2 600w a/c even if i got a half zip dried off each id be happy

I am thinking just a few grams. They are pretty small.

yeah i know, mind you this is my first time cloning and i rooted in 7 days on one of them so if i perfect it the roots would look way better, I'm doing sog 32 on a 3x6 tray under 2 600w a/c even if i got a half zip dried off each id be happy

Congrats on the successful clones It is a great skill to learn. But even with better root growth, the plants are still way too small to support much bud development. I am with duck on this. I cannot see the plants yielding much more than a few grams when they are put into flowering that small.

WHAT???? WHY?? lovely roots, that means they are ready to veg, not flower, why on earth would you do that?

even if they triple in size your still only talking about a 6-8" tall plant.

just not enough to be worth all the work (IMO)

5 alternating nodes, I'd let what you have there grow 2-3 more nodes and then flip.
(at bear MININUM)

:48:

I am thinking just a few grams. They are pretty small.

Congrats on the successful clones It is a great skill to learn. But even with better root growth, the plants are still way too small to support much bud development. I am with duck on this. I cannot see the plants yielding much more than a few grams when they are put into flowering that small.

WHAT???? WHY?? lovely roots, that means they are ready to veg, not flower, why on earth would you do that?

thanks for the response!!! i was thinking about doing a 3 week cycle but these roots also aren't as big as they could be, FYI this was more of an experiment to see if they could be ready plus i was pulling them out of the tray atleast 1 or 2 times a day to look at them and i could literally feel the roots stuck to the plastic so i know i was doing damage to them the whole time plus a few pieces of root even broke off from pulling them out. and i used the smallest clones i had to save the bigger ones for when i actually use them but the reason for trying to do this as opposed to bushes is i really don't have the space to veg and flower at the same time. the real way to do the al b. fuct method is use 8-9" clones with zero side branching that are lollipopped at the end of weeks 1&3 or 2&4 so you have one big dense single cola. the reason you flower them so soon is to keep the vertical height down because al b. said himself "Clones which are only 6-9" tall when they've set root will grow in a tapering veg mode under 12/12 lighting, eventually reaching their final stature at about 36-40" tall by week 4." he also said "My 8-9" clones finish up somewhere between 33-40" at harvest time." he says he would never trade quality for yield and get .75-1 oz per plant. do you think his claims are legit or b.s??

What do you mean by tapering veg mode?

Sounds like a whole lot of stretch and a lot of bull.

What do you mean by tapering veg mode?

Sounds like a whole lot of stretch and a lot of bull.

he mean it slowly transitions and goes from veg (stretching and leaf growth) for the first couple weeks to flower growth only (when the stretching stops)

Stretching is from the plant searching for light. Better off running lights 24/7 then "flipping" to 12/12 for flower. The plants will then stretch for two weeks or so before stopping. Doing a slow transition is just promoting and prolonging the stretch.

I'm with duck on this. This is not a new idea. Most of us that have grown for any length of time have tried something along this line...and most of us have found it an unsatisfactory way to grow. Plants that receive no veg time are most often small spindly plants that produce 1/4 oz or sometimes less. And, ALL plants "slowly transition and go from veg (stretching and leaf growth) for the first couple weeks to flower growth only (when the stretching stops)". This is pretty much unproductive "growth"--new budsites are not developed--the plant just gets longer intermodal spacing.

I am also always a bit put off by kids that think they are clever by making up user names that are a disguised obscenity. But I do think that the al b fuct method is nothing new, nothing special, and something that in practice does not work very well. Ask yourself this: If this was a superior way of growing, why isn't everyone (or at least a lot of people) doing this?

Could u tell me how u got such beautiful roots in 2 weeks?? I am new to cloning. I had pretty good luck in dirt, just water and rapid/rooters were best. Find it hard to keep Clones vertical. I tried spraying branches with wilt-proof pre-clipping. Radio show suggestion. It did help. thanks.. Be Patient

Stretching is from the plant searching for light. Better off running lights 24/7 then "flipping" to 12/12 for flower. The plants will then stretch for two weeks or so before stopping. Doing a slow transition is just promoting and prolonging the stretch.

ohh okay i see what you're saying, thanks for the reply

I'm with duck on this. This is not a new idea. Most of us that have grown for any length of time have tried something along this line...and most of us have found it an unsatisfactory way to grow. Plants that receive no veg time are most often small spindly plants that produce 1/4 oz or sometimes less. And, ALL plants "slowly transition and go from veg (stretching and leaf growth) for the first couple weeks to flower growth only (when the stretching stops)". This is pretty much unproductive "growth"--new budsites are not developed--the plant just gets longer intermodal spacing.

I am also always a bit put off by kids that think they are clever by making up user names that are a disguised obscenity. But I do think that the al b fuct method is nothing new, nothing special, and something that in practice does not work very well. Ask yourself this: If this was a superior way of growing, why isn't everyone (or at least a lot of people) doing this?

alright i see what you're saying, 1/4 or less deff isn't something I'm looking for lol but i think a lot of people aren't doing it because they aren't able to grow a bunch of plants or the amount of plants required for it to be worth it and it takes balls to do if you aren't legal

Could u tell me how u got such beautiful roots in 2 weeks?? I am new to cloning. I had pretty good luck in dirt, just water and rapid/rooters were best. Find it hard to keep Clones vertical. I tried spraying branches with wilt-proof pre-clipping. Radio show suggestion. It did help. thanks.. Be Patient

well these are in rapid rooters, do you already know how to use RR or do you still want me to tell you how i got them?

I use rapid rooters too and a cloning gel, i got roots in ten days this time.. I was shocked.

Latest posts

Back