To Flush or Not to Flush: A Poll

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To flush or not to flush, that is the question

• Flush for 1-2 weeks

• Do not flush

• Do not flush but top up if needed with plain pH'd water

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
In the typical sense of the term flushing in regards to growing I would say I don't flush, but for myself, giving only ph'd water for the last 2 weeks is still technically a flush.

I don't particularly think flushing will affect how high you get when smoking whatever you're flushing, but not flushing it could certainly alter the taste at the very least.

So to clarify.... If I ever say I'm flushing my plants, I simply mean I'm no longer feeding them nutrients.

hA hA WELL its Really a matter of choice but heres my two cents on it.

I do hydro and yes I see a differance in the taste and burn between a two week flush and no flush at all. I would imagine growing in dirt you would not see near the differance

Now on the Holland boards even the breeders the consensus is no flush.

I grew for many years and did not flush until going on the "useless formula". Now useless advocates the two week flush. Ed Rosenthall and jorge cervates also flush.

so as long as I see a differance or quality in the smoke Im flushing

cheers
t6

I am glad you can notice a different, because no one I know can tell.

What is the useless formula?

Useless is a very useful member of another forum.

I may stop feeding like Hal says and see if there's a difference noticed from my norm of feeding til chop...any time I can save a few $$$, I'm game!

ozzydiodude said:
Useless is a very useful member of another forum.
He's also a member of this forum. Next time I talk with him I will have him chime in

t6

pcduck said:
I am glad you can notice a different, because no one I know can tell.

What is the useless formula?
well I posted it but its kind of a thread hit so I will put it in another thread for those who might be interested

t6

Teamster6 said:
He's also a member of this forum. Next time I talk with him I will have him chime in

t6

Please do been 2 yrs since he posted

just water for the last week, but from reading all of these post i think i will try using nutes a little closer to harvest day, only because i see the plants slow down when i withhold nutes from them.

I look at it like this. You don't stop feeding a person dying so that starvation kills them first. So why do a plant like that.

I think I will just go with my past experience:D

And not flush and keep feeding my girls so that they can get nice and plump and sugar coated.:D

NorCalHal said:
imho, flushing is neccesary only if you feed high parts.

I actyually "Flush" twicw during flowering.
When I say "Flush", I mean flush.
I will run stright R/O water thru the medium until my runnoff is very low (3-500ppm). This is as a preventitive of nuit lockout, which WILL occur if you are feeding high ppm thoughout the plants life. High ppm is 15-1800ppm.

Well i dont flush and i am in the high nute feeding range of 15-18cf and if Hal flushes for two weeks prior to the chop then im following his lead as i know people who have smoked his 'DANK' and although they themselves are real good growers who harvest top notch weed they are still after emulating Hals bud as they tell me its the absolute best you will ever smoke.:hubba::D

The last 2 weeks, I also feed nothing buy water. In my experience, I see a greater swelling of the caylx then I do without.

Im doing it Hal and if i dont get bigger buds you will know about it.:p

More importently, it saves me $ on nuits the last couple weeks, as nuits are simply not needed.

my 2 cents.

And what do you know Hal.:D

Joking Hal.;)

T4

Haha T4!
Man, you can get so many different veiws on flushing, it's crazy. There is no right/wrong answer really. Personal preference. I do flush though the last couple of weeks. I like it. They have never told me once they were hungry!

Truly, in the last 2 weeks, you're only gonna feed them something like what, 2 times (if you were feeding them)? I'm hoping (for myself, at least), that the soil has enough food to keep the gals happy those last two weeks if I were to stop feeding. But, maybe I'll try one group stopping at 2 weeks and another group stopping at 1 week, see if there's a difference.

Latest posts

Back