too tall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scatking

Senile Member
Reaction score
My first grow (white widow) and i just started the flowering phase. I think I waited a bit too long and now my plants are almost 5' tall and will soon outgrow the ceiling of my grow room! Is it safe to trim them back a bit, and just how would I go about doing this without harming my firstborn?

erm could u slow bend her over and tie her top to her main stem so shes like bent in half :peace:

How long have they been flowering? If not too long you could cut but yes i would agree try to bend before cutting. Cutting her will stress her and thats the last thing you want to do to her. jmo

Since I'm new to this I don't really know how to "slow bend". Do i just tie a string to the top and pull her down?

is light bulb on the ceiling too? UKgirl got what I had in my mind.. ya should check "LST" low stress training .... maybe have ya thought about cloning?

can ya show us the picture?

yeah bens her as far as possable but not too much because shell break. just a little each day or so untill you have her where you want her but you will have to tie her up when the buds start to get big because of the weight. Im sure someone else could tell you better than me. just be patient and they will tell you.

What kind of light are you useing?

400 watt hps in a sun systems reflector. Once i added diamond nectar to the nutes they just exploded. Very bushy with stems as thick as my thumb at the base. The light is almost to the top of the yo-yo's. I guess the next time I'll start the flowering ALOT SOONER!!! Hopefully i can save the grow because these ladies are picture perfect - just big.

:watchplant: wish i would have found this forum sooner....great advice!!

thats why i flower early.i put my last batch of mazar into flower at 5-6 ins. and they still out grew the height i had.even topped.

mazar are a crazy thing, so i read. yea, pics would def help the advice giving. once we figure this out your gonna be in for one HICK, oh, i mean HECK of a harvest. nice!

Latest posts

Back