Topping question with pic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont top- if you have to slow down strech read the strech link in my sig....

topping decreases gpw when time is included in the equation.

trillions of atoms said:
dont top- if you have to slow down strech read the strech link in my sig....

topping decreases gpw when time is included in the equation.

Thanks for informing me but whats gpw and i read that topping increases yield?

Right where you see the 2 side branches starting, just above that on the main stalk.

If you are planning on topping you should wait at least two or three more weeks before you do. Your plant, to me, looks much too young to be topped. You could end up doing much more harm than good. You want to wait till the plant is a little taller and more developed before you do the procedure.

When you top you are making the plant revert the majority of its growth hormones to the first two off branches, instead of the tip.

With this being said when you top you want to remove the very tip-top "shoot" or cluster of leaves. I use a razor and slice off the top just above the node at the top, the part of the plant that new leaves are "sprouting" out of.

This allows all the energy to go to the first two off branches instead of the top, allowing two main colas instead of one.

Now, with this said,

If you are going for a quality over quantity grow and can wait an extra few weeks than topping is recommended.

I have grown many crops that I have topped, trimmed, trained, stressed and bent. I have found that stressing the plants in these manners will produce slightly more potent and sometimes more tasty bud.

Sometimes, this is not in fact a rock solid claim due to variations in the outcome.

But if you are planning on progressing in the CannaArts than why not give it a try once or twice and see what happens?

Thats what I did anyways...

gpw is grams per watts. grow a plant with one month veg top it at two weeks and flower for 8 weeks and see what you yeild. grow another plant out with one month veg and flower for 8 weeks....see which one yeilds more.

topping decreases height and yeild when time is in the equation.

the main cola yeilds the most, to top is to decrease the size of the main cola into two - smaller colas...but the lower B buds will yeild more. this is FINE if you flower longer to take up the time lost stunting the growth but for gpw....topping is not needed.

thanks for all the info guys, I always ask MP memebers before making some stupid move like that.

Latest posts

Back