transplanting seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msge

Reaction score
I have bought new organic potting soil and perlite going to use 50 /50
of each, seedling have been growing in miracle grow extended release potting soil and need to be removed every time i water they get little yellow spots
anything i need to do to help the little guys out

they are only 2 weeks old and about 2 1/2 in. tall

Yes, transplanting is a good idea. Be careful when you do it though. Those seedlings more than likely are not rootbound, so most, if not all of the soil should fall away as you gently remove them from their pots, leaving bare roots. If it were me, I'd turn over the pot while gently holding onto the seedling and tap until the plant with its roots come out of the pot. You're going to make a mess, because you're basically going to be pouring soil out of the pot as well.

Be sure to prepare the pots into which you will be transplanting before removing the seedlings from their pots. So, remove the seedling and place it into the prepared pot.

Now don't forget to water the plants in their new pots. It is important to water the plants once they've been transplanted. Normally people water the plants to be transplanted before transplanting too, but in your case, you want the soil to fall away from the roots as much as possible, so I wouldn't transplant while they are wet. The wet soil has a tendency to stick to the roots. However, even wet, I imagine that most of original soil will fall away, because your seedlings probably not rootbound yet.

Well it looks like i covered my basic The operation was carried out as alistair
stated 2 hour ago, just check them all looks good. Will post pics on the 11 th
give them 24 and then we will no for sure

If you have or can buy root stimulator that would be a big help, i've used root and growth stimulator and their great!
good luck and dont over feed with nutes!
keep it green.

Latest posts

Back