underdeveloped

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madrox

Reaction score
i searched for this topic but could not find it.my plant has been flowering for at least 7 weeks and the buds are all very small except the top one wich isnt even that big.the plant is about 5 ft tall and i just have it under 2 4 ft floresent bulbs.this is my first plant so i know very little.any suggestions or comments would help.i do not have any pics.

for a plant that size you don't have nearly enough light to get nice buds. it also depends on what strain it is. sativas take longer to flower. basicly you need more light

I got one that size . for blooming I use 4 4ft fluorescent fixures that have 2 bulds in each. I run them vertical and have one running across the top.

You need a small inclosed area that has plenty of air flow that you can light up with at least 250 watts of HID (HPS or MH) to get the most and best growth out of your plants

madrox said:
i only wanna use fluorescent so my bill dosent leap

Then you are not going to get much, if any, bud. You need to do way more research into this growing thing. It is not as simple as putting a couple of lights over a plant.

Consider this: You are trying to produce a product that "retails" for $300-500+ an ounce. It is going to take far more than 2 4' fluorescent lights to do that.

Also consider this: Lumen for lumen, HPS lighting generally costs less to purchase initially, cost less to run every single month, puts out less heat, and produces substantially more bud.

Just curious why? Your minor increase in monthly utilities is worth the reward.

As everyone above said you need more light. What reason are you worried about the bill leaping? Money or stealth?

If its money then you will get back more bud the more light you have, my 600w costs me about 50-60 quid to run a month, Even if i only got one good ounce of bud from it i would still be saving money, 2 ounces i would be laughing in comparison to buying.

If its stealth then cut down on other things, Electric kettles use gas instead if you can, Use heaters a little less, change other bulbs in house to energy savers.

Fact is that to make decent bud you need to invest a little money.

All the best. Lots of good info on here so have a read or ask questions and everyone here will have growing like a pro.

............"5,000 lumens per sq ft"........... ;)

all right i will get better lights cause i plan on growing more. this was my first attempt. whats good lights to get that arent to expensive to buy or operate?

How big an area are you planning to grow in?

The HID(MH and HPS) light are a bigger intial investment but they are cheeper to run when you get your lumens figured out.

I started out with a 400watt HPS from HTG supply. Grew 5 plants under it with just watering and a little nutrients here and there. Take a look at my WW grow link. Think I paid $120 for the light.

thanx 4 all the help people. im getting my taxes back soon so i will be getting me a HPS bulb

your gonna have to create a place to put the plants so that when the grow light goes off for the night or whatever your plants will be in total darkness.. light leaks during the dark hours can and will cause stress and hermies.. good luck

madrox said:
thanx 4 all the help people. im getting my taxes back soon so i will be getting me a HPS bulb

Like Slowmo says, you are going to have to set up a grow space--the size of the space will determine your lighting and ventilation needs. You will need a whole HPS setup, not just a bulb. A 400W will cover about 10 sq ft. A 600W will cover about 16-18 sq ft. A 1000W will cover about 25-30 sq ft. You will want to exchange the air in your space about 3 times a minute, so you will need a decent exhaust fan.

Latest posts

Back