V711 First Grow...The CHURCH & Northern Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of the expert growers would like to have a setup as good as yours...
You must had spent so much $$$$££££££$$$$ but just give it some time, you've done great... great investment.
You are also full of knowledge + you have everyone here waiting to help you.

I am not missing this grow!!!!!!!!!! Keep us inform...

Thanks...Yes, it is an investment but I did not spend as much as you think. I took my time and bought things over a 4-5 month period plus I got some really good deals on some of my stuff.

I plan on taking clones from the two mothers next month, and once they have rooted and are 12-18 inches tall I will put them in flower...I hope two have a harvest every 8-10 weeks once I get everything into motion.

I am kinda nervous about odor, so I hope like hell that carbon filter works! LOL!

Viracocha711 said:
I have been topping off the res each day with ph adjusted tap water. My question is should I be adding nutes to the gallon of water I add each day...My girls are drinking a gallon of water a day!

Stoney, do you add nutes every time you top off your res?

Yes, I do. I make sure the nutrients strength is at a level that can be added with all water.

Look at it this way; If you fill your reservoir up with a perfect mix of nutrients, and then add plain water, you'll have a diluted strength of nutrients now.

I use two gallon jugs to mix my nutrients in. I also use a calibrated 50ml beaker to measure all of my nutes. I first used a measuring cup to fill and mark the first two gallon jug at *exactly* two gallons.

Using a teaspoon or guessing at amounts is dangerous with nutrients. The stuff is so concentrated, it can easily harm your plants if you "guess" wrong.

Good luck to you! You've built a beautiful system!

Here's some GREEN MOJO for you!

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12201&d=1163185472

Stoney,

I will post some pics of the 4 unit system as soon as I put it back together...I am seriously thinking about building another one with "quick disconnects so that there is a main with feeder lines and I can switch in and out different plants in differnt tubs...This would be sweet!

OH man...My girls are starting smell! The NL is not so bad but the The CHURCH smells like pepper or some kind of exotic spice? HHmmm MMMMMM...I hope carbon filters work!!!

Keep at it.

I too had a bad Bike crash 2 years ago and had 8 ops on my left leg. I have been in a wheel chair until last month when I started walking with crutches.

Off to the grow shop I went. thus the lateness of my hot outdoor grow journal.

When I get a little more mobile I'll try for indoors too.

Best of luck
Nico

Thanks Nico...Sorry to here about your crash. It is good that you are improving...My condition is stable right now and has been since my second spinal op 2 years ago. Although, I am close to having another small op to have a spinal stimulator trial run to see if it will help with my pain issues. Yeah, what is cool about my room is it is wheelchair accessible...Very tight though...

See ya around...

Viracocha711 said:
Stoney,

I will post some pics of the 4 unit system as soon as I put it back together...I am seriously thinking about building another one with "quick disconnects so that there is a main with feeder lines and I can switch in and out different plants in differnt tubs...This would be sweet!

Let me know the quick disconnects you find. So far, I haven't found any that I'm really pleased with. Either they're too expencive or too flimsy.

Don't forget to install a cutoff valve on the bottom "water" side of the feed and each tub. That way, you can shut off the valve and get only a few drops of water when you disconnect. A towel under it will catch that.

Yeah stoney I have noticed quick disconnects are not cheap!! I may have to save up for those...Like you said I do not want cheap ones.

I am good to go for now thanks to your help, but I do plan on creating such system where I can move tubs from veg sys to flower sys.

Looking good, man! BEAUTIFUL setup you have there. I'd love to have that grow room. :)

Thank you very much! I would not have it without the knowledge I have gained from this site!

I still feel like I am flying blind sometimes but I think once I get through this first grow I will have much more confidence...I will be taking clones here in a few weeks and once they have rooted and get to about 12 inches or so I will go to flower.

Sometimes I wish I had a fast forward button to push to make my grow speed up...But that would take the fun out of growing, huh?

Great looking grow room and plants, i am also growing indoors and started my plants about the time You did it looks like, mine are in soil and i put some of them outside so they will bud with the season, the others are inside still and dont look near as good as yours. I have five left inside, two that if they turn out female they will be mother plants. i still need to get the kind of that will make them flower. tho i have grown long time ago, this is my first time growing indoors and legal.
good growing,
tcbud
awsome plants and set up, my grow journal is "late start grow"

Thanks tcbud! Yeah, I started with "feminized" seeds from Greenhouse Seed Compnay and Female Seeds...So, if I keep things right I should have all girls. The two plants sitting side by side I intend on using for host plants. I have the luxury of spending all day with my girls so I hope I can keep them looking good...Good Luck with your grows and I will check out your journal as well!

I have heard all kinds of good things about "The Church". I'm anxious to hear a report on it. :)

Viracocha711 --- Nice grow man! I hope mine grow goes as well as yours! :):):):)

The first set is Northern Lights at day 33...The nute burn seems to be corrected and healing. This plant is so thick and bushy and has fan leaves as big as my hand! :holysheep:

It seems to grow up for few inches then stop and get fat, repeat! LOL! You can see how fat she is because the tub is 20"x15"

420-28.JPG

420-27.JPG

420-26.JPG

420-23.JPG

The CHURCH has caught the NL in hieght but she is not as thick...I assume this is the difference in strain. I have noticed that the CHURCH does not get nute burn when the NL does, again difference in strain...? Both plants are feed from the same res so it is cool to see how they react dif.

420-35.JPG

420-34.JPG

420-33.JPG

420-25.JPG

420-24.JPG

These are pics of my LST training plant. The strain is The CHURCH so I call it "The CHURCH of LST":hubba:

OK, I have been working this girl in all directions trying to keep her as low pos while filling up the surface of the 20"x15" tub...This plant is on it's own res seperate from the other two and I have bumped the nutes up to 3/4 strength veg mix. (In case you missed it I am using GH 3 part series). I have also been cutting on her just to see what happens? What I really mean is I attempted the FIM tech, it looks like I may have done right? But I am not sure?

Anyway, PLEASE comment openly and honestly, I love to learn and here all the different opinions out there!

420-32.JPG

420-31.JPG

420-30.JPG

420-29.JPG

TheStickyIcky said:
I have heard all kinds of good things about "The Church". I'm anxious to hear a report on it. :)

YES, I have too! I heard it was a strain out of New York that the guys at Greenhouse Seed Company liked and now sell the seeds? I have no idea if this is right, who knows?

bamboo67 said:
Viracocha711 --- Nice grow man! I hope mine grow goes as well as yours! :):):):)

Thanks Bamboo67! Do you have a grow journal? If so, what is the title? Good Luck with it!:) :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back