water cureing, got more info on that

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DankCloset said:
BluntFullOfKush said:
hey dank got more info on water cureing
yeah man, all you do is submerge your weed in a tupperware container(no top) and change ur water daily, it will also turn your weed brown, so be careful or if u dont want that, dont do it. also you have to change the water daily. after you dry, and are able to snap the branch from the first dry after harvest, it has to be dried or it wont work. its really easy, u have to pay attention too it. if u do it, get ready for one hell of a mellow stone. if you've been smoking for a long time and your throat gets harshed out quick, heres your cure.

i love this cure.

how many days do you soak it for?

It takes a week to do a proper water cure...at about day 5 you'll see more and more chlorophyll in your waste water. You should put something on top of the buds to hold them under the water, and change the water daily.

Ok so you take freshly harvested bud and soak them for about a week changing out the water every day. Then you dry them as you cure as normal or just let them dry and smoke'm?

I just put freshly harvested bud in some water yesterday. You can also do dried bud. In 5-7 days I'll take them out of the water put them on a screen to dry. I place them near to output of a computer fan. No smell or taste with a joint but, I didn't like it with a pipe. Try and try again. Keep us posted on the cure.

heh i really do wonder if there is a differance between fresh and dried buds, would make for a good comparison

I tried the water cure a few mos. ago. Used a fresh WW bud, 2" and fat. Went 7 days, changed water daily, kept bud submerged. The water didn't discolor much or smell, although it should. Dried for 3 days, tasted terrible- unless you like horehound w/out sugar.
I don't expect to try it again. Most of the strains I have I bought for flavor as well as THC content. The WW didn't pack much flavor, anyway, but I'd hate to ruin a nice Blueberry or Hashplant doing this method.
Moreover, the method takes 7 days plus the dry time. The same 10 days spent air-drying should give you smokable bud, when dried off the stem (nugs, etc).
That's my personal experience, although many people rave about water cure- that's why I tried it in the first place!

Latest posts

Back